GATE Application Form 2018: The application form of Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering or GATE 2018 to be released by Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Guwahati on September 1, 2017. The information brochure has been released by IIT Guwahati. According to the officials, the online GATE 2018 registration process will be carried through the GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS). Eligible candidates can fill and submit the GATE application form 2018, which closes on October 5, 2017. The application process of GATE 2018 comprises of registration, filling up of personal, academic, communication details, uploading of images and documents and fee payment among others elements. Candidates should not send any hard copy of their GATE 2018 application form to any of the GATE zonal offices. While filling the application form of GATE, candidates have the option of choosing three exam centres. Candidates, who want to apply for PSU recruitment through GATE, must also submit the online GATE application form 2018. Candidates can also change/modify choices of exam centres until November 17, 2017. Only those applicants who will successfully submit their online GATE application form, pay the requisite fees, fulfil the eligibility criteria will be allowed to appear in GATE 2018. In this article, we bring you complete information about GATE application form 2018, dates to apply, procedure, fees structure and more.
GATE 2018 is scheduled to held on February 3, 4, 10 and 11, 2018 in two sessions. The forenoon session starts from 9:00 am to 12:00 noon whereas afternoon session will be conducted from 2:00 pm to 5:00 pm. A candidate is allowed to appear in only one paper in any one session of GATE 2018.
GATE Application Form 2018 – Important Points
- It must be noted that only one candidate is allowed to register with one email address
- GATE 2018 scorecard will be issued as per the name entered in the application form.
- Candidates must provide valid original details. Candidates will not be permitted to take the examination, in case the original and valid photo identification document is not presented during the exam.
GATE Application Form 2018 Dates
The candidates can check all the important dates of GATE application form 2018 given in the table below. All the candidates are advised to check the dates to keep track on all the upcoming events related to GATE application form 2018.
|S.No||GATE 2018 Application Form Events||Dates|
|1.||Availability of GATE application form 2018||September 01, 2017|
|2.||Last date for submission of GATE application form 2018||October 5, 2017|
|3.||End date for rectification/change in the examination city||November 17, 2017|
|4.||GATE 2018 Exam to be held on||February 3,4, 10 and 11, 2018 (Saturdays and Sundays)|
Specifications Required for GATE Application Form 2018
Candidates must keep ready the following documents/data before filling online GATE application form 2018. All the candidates must fill in the GATE 2018 application form without any error. The candidates must upload the documents with the below mentioned specifications:
Documents Required for GATE Application Form 2018 – Indian Candidates
- Candidates must keep ready valid Photo Identity Card details (Driving License/ Passport/ PAN Card/ Voter ID/ Aadhaar UID/ College ID/ Employee Identification Card/ Notarized Affidavit with Photo, Signature, Date of Birth and Residential Address).
- Good quality of the recent photograph, high-quality image of signature and thumb impression of the given specifications.
- Personal details such as name, date of birth, your personal mobile number, parent’s name, parent’s mobile number, etc.
- Scanned copy of B.Tech degree Certificate or mark sheet of previous semester/year (for final year candidates) in pdf format.
- College address, PIN code of college
- GATE paper, choice of GATE examination cities
- Candidates appearing for degree or masters must submit the qualifying degree certificate or provisional certificate is available
- Qualifying examination details and documents such as degree certificate.
- Address for Communication (including PIN code)
- Caste Certificate (if applicable) in pdf format
- Disability Certificate (if applicable) in pdf format
- Net Banking details of the respective banks of the candidates
Documents Required for GATE Application Form 2018 – International Candidates
- International students only a valid Passport/ Government issued ID/College ID/ Employee ID shall be accepted as the recognised identification.
- Address for Communication
- Eligibility degree details
- College address
- GATE paper, choice of GATE examination cities
- Scanned image of photograph, signature and thumb impression
- Scanned copy of degree certificate or mark sheet of previous semester/year (for final year candidates) in pdf format
- Bank details for application fees.
- Personal information such as name, date of birth, your personal mobile number, parent’s name, parent’s mobile number, etc.
How to fill GATE Application Form 2018?
The GATE application form will be available in online mode only. Candidates have to follw the steps given below to fill and submit the GATE application form 2018 before the last date.
- Step 1: GATE 2018 Registration
- Step 2: Filling of GATE application form
- Step 3: Uploading of scanned images
- Step 4: Preview of GATE 2018 application form
- Step 5: Payment of GATE 2018 application fees
- Step 6: Final submission of GATE online application form
1. GATE 2018 Registration Process
All the eligible candidates must register online to apply for GATE 2018. To register candidates must enter valid email ID, mobile number and create a GOAPS password. The candidates will be sent all the registration details in the registered email ID. Candidates must use the username and password provided to them for further login purpose.
DatesNote: All the candidates are advised to provide a unique password that cannot be identified easily for example it should not be the candidate’s name, date of birth, or some easily guessable string of numbers or letters like 12345 or abcd). The GOAPS password is used for login purposes.
GOAPS Enrollment ID – All the registered candidates will be sent the GOAPS Enrollment ID to their provided email address for further login.
2. Procedure to fill online GATE Application Form
To fill in the online GATE application form 2018 all the candidates must enter the provided enrollment ID and password provided to them during registration. In the application form candidates must enter the following details:
- Personal Details
- Academic Details
- Contact Information
- GATE Exam Centres
- GATE Photo Identity
3. GATE 2018 Application: Specification for Photograph and Signature
GATE Application 2018: Photograph
|Dimension||Width x Height: 3.5 cm × 4.5 cm print.JPEG: 480 × 640 (0.3 Mega pixel)|
|Colour||The photograph must be in colour, clearly visible, high quality and taken after 1st August 2017 in a professional studio|
|Clarity||Background of the photograph must be white or a very light color.|
|Face of the candidate||The face should occupy at least 50% of the area of the photograph looking towards camera. A passport size photograph of the face of the candidate|
|The main features of the face must not be covered by hair of the head, any cloth or anyshadow. Forehead, eyes, nose and chin should be clearly visible.|
|Candidates must not wear spectacles with dark or tinted glasses.|
GATE 2018 Application: Signature
|Dimension||The maximum image size for the signature can be 160×560 in pixels.The minimum image size for the signature should be 80×280 in pixels.|
|Size||Draw a rectangular box of size 2 cm × 7 cm (Height x Width) in the A4 white paper.|
|Clarity||Sign with black or dark blue ink pen within this box.|
|Sign of the candidate||The signature with all capital letters or in any other colour than black and blue are not allowed|
|Whole image of the signature must professional using a scanner.|
Note: Images of the photograph & signature taken using a mobile phone will not be accepted by the authority. This might lead to cancellation of GATE application form 2018.
4. GATE Application Form: Edit/Preview Process
Candidates can edit/modify the application form before final submission of the GATE 2018 application. If any changes are required candidates must make change therein. No option for rectification will be made available after payment. Only minor changes/examination centre modifications will be allowed.
5. Payment of GATE 2018 Application Fees
After making necessary changes and upon completion of the GATE 2018 application form candidates must pay the application fees of GATE 2018.
|S.No||Candidate Category||Application Fee|
|1.||Male Category (General/ OBC) and others||Rs. 1500|
|2.||SC/ST/PwD categories||Rs. 750|
|3.||Women (All Categories)||Rs. 750|
|Kathmandu, Dhaka, Colombo, Adis Ababa||US$ 50|
|Dubai and Singapore||US$ 100|
6. Final Submission of GATE Application 2018
Before submitting the GATE 2018 application form, candidates must ensure that all the details and all the necessary documents and images uploaded correctly. Candidates must ensure that there are no errors while submitting the GATE application form.
How to check GATE 2018 Application Status?
The GATE application form 2018 status can be checked by the candidates who have successfully registered for GATE 2018. The steps given below shows how the application status can be checked.
- Access the link to access GATE 2018 application status (to be made available here after September 01).
- Enter details GATE 2017 Enrollment ID/Email ID and Password.
- The application status will be displayed on the screen
- The candidates must take actions in case any errors occur.
Forgot Enrollment ID or Password?
In case candidates forget their enrollment ID or password, they can follow three points given below to recover their lost GATE enrollment ID or password.
- Forgot Enrollment ID or not received their Enrollment ID via Email – The candidates will have to select this option and submit their registered mobile number and password. The GATE enrollment ID will be sent via SMS to the candidate’s mobile number.
- Forgot Password – If any candidate who have forgotten their password, they can recover the same by providing their GATE 2018 enrollment ID. The password will be sent to the registered mobile number.
- Forgot Enrollment ID and Password – In this case, the candidate who has paid the fees must contact their zonal office. If the candidate has not paid yet then they will have to register themselves.
GATE Subject Wise Statistics of Previous Years
Below are the previous year’s GATE statistics for ECE, CS, ME, EE and CE paper. The figures given for the total number of candidates appeared in GATE for the given diciplines. Check statistics of GATE qualifiers from the year 2010 – 15.
Data in Graph
Frequently Asked Questions related to GATE Application Form 2018
Q. Can I use one email address to fill multiple application forms?
Ans: No, only one email address can be used to submit only one GATE 2018 application form.
Q. Why should I choose three examination cities?
Ans: Candidates must choose GATE exam centres 2018 according to the most preferred city first and then other two cities. The authority allows the candidates their first choice. In cases where there are too many candidates opting for the same exam centre their first choice, the other two choices shall be considered.
Q. How will I make the payment of the application fees of GATE 2018?
Ans: You can pay the application fees through online payment gateway and also through e-challan to be paid at the nearest SBI bank. International applicants must pay through net banking or credit card only.
Q. I want to change my allotted exam centre. But I have submitted the online application form. Can I change the exam city?
Ans: Yes, the organizing committee, IIT Guwahati will provide the facility to rectify the examination city until November 17, 2017.
Q. In which mode can I avail the GATE 2018 application form?
Ans: GATE 2018 application form will be available only in online mode. No offline GATE application form will be made available to the candidates by IIT Guwahati.
Q. My net banking account has been debited more than once. How do I get the money back?
Ans: Any unaccounted or excess money that was received on behalf of GATE 2018 from the candidate account, will automatically be returned (credited) to the same bank account. However, transfering money may take a week or more, after the closure of the application process.
Q. Do I have to send the print-out of the application form?
Ans: Candidates must not send their print out of the GATE application form to the organizing institute, (IIT Guwahati) or any other GATE zonal offices.
Q. After completing the online application process and generating a PDF file, will I be able to change my application data?
Ans: After completing all the steps, candidates can only download the application form and cannot the data entered GATE application.
Q. I have missed to take a print-out of my ONLINE application at the end of my application process. How will I get access to it?
Ans: Candidates can login using GOAPS Enrollment ID and password and take a print-out of the GATE application form.
For more updates & news on GATE Application Form 2018 keep visiting https://engg.entrancecorner.com