GATE Admit Card 2018: IIT Guwahati will release admit card of GATE 2018 on January 5, 2018. Candidates can download their GATE 2018 admit card from the GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS) window. The GATE admit card 2018 will not be sent through post/email, therefore, candidates must download it within the prescribed dates. The applicants need to bring the printout copy of GATE 2018 admit card to the test centre along with the original identification card that has been entered in the application form. Candidates can bring any of the identification proof like Passport, PAN Card, Voter ID, Aadhaar UID, Valid College ID, Employee identification card or Driving License but it should match with the detail entered during GATE 2018 registration. Admit card of GATE 2018 can also be downloaded from the zonal GATE websites. We will provide a link to download GATE 2018 admit card as and when it is released. Candidates can check below the details on how to download GATE admit card, reporting time, examination instructions, etc.
GATE 2018 is a national level computer based test scheduled to be conducted on February 3, 4, 10 and 11, 2018 in two sessions – morning and afternoon. The GATE score 2018 is used for admissions to post-graduate programs (example: ME/M. Tech/ Direct Ph.D.) in IITs, NITs, and other leading centrally funded institutes in addition to many state universities as well as private universities. The Public and Private Sector Undertakings such as IOCL, ONGC, BHEL, NTPC, BPCL, etc will also take GATE scores 2018 for employment processes.
Important Dates of GATE Admit Card 2018
|1||Last Date to fill Online Application Form||October 5, 2017|
|2||Release of GATE 2018 Admit Card||January 5, 2018|
|3||Last date to download the admit card||February 11, 2018|
|4||GATE 2018 Examination||February 3, 4, 10 and 11, 2017|
How to download GATE admit card 2018
- Click on the given link to download GATE admit card
- Enter GATE enrollment Id, registration ID, date of birth, and captcha
- Click ‘Submit’ button after entering the required information
- GATE 2018 admit card will appear on screen
- Save soft copy of admit card and take colour printout of the same
Documents permitted as Photo IDs for GATE 2018
|Indian Candidates (anyone in original)||International Candidates (anyone in original)|
|Aadhaar Card||Government issued ID|
|PAN Card||College ID|
|Valid College ID|
Note: It is important for the candidates to save a copy of the GATE 2018 admit card for future references. Candidates will need to furnish the admit card for GATE 2018 during the M.Tech admission and PSU Recruitment. The Admit Card of GATE 2018 will be valid if the photograph and signature of the candidate are legible and accurate. The printout of the GATE 2018 Admit Card should be in colour only.
Highlights of GATE admit card 2018
- The GATE admit card 2018 will be made available only in online mode. It will be not sent through post.
- After downloading GATE admit card 2018, candidate must carefully examine all the entries made therein. In case of any discrepancy, the candidate must immediately contact the examination authority
- Candidate must not mutilate the GATE 2018 admit card or change any entry made therein otherwise they will be disqualified and their candidature will be cancelled
- Candidates must preserve their admit card till completion of examination process as it will be required at several stages of admission or recruitment
Information mentioned in GATE 2018 Admit Card
Below are the details mentioned in GATE admit card 2018. candidates must cross check all the information before downloading it.
- Exam date
- Exam time
- Exam slots
- GATE 2018 registration number
- Enrollment ID
- Name of candidates
- GATE 2018 paper name
- Exam centre address and
- Important instructions about the exam
Replica of GATE 2018 Admit Card
The image will be replaced with the original one as and when GATE admit card will be made available by IIT Guwahati on January 5, 2018.
What to do if I forget GATE enrollment ID or password?
Candidates can recover GATE enrollment id and password by following the guidelines given below:
- If remember the Enrollment ID and forgotten Password, click on ‘Request for an OTP’ to get One Time Password. Request for an OTP.
- If you already have an OTP, click on “Already have an OTP?” to reset the password. Already have an OTP?
- If you do not remember the Enrollment ID, click on “Forgot Enrollment ID” to get Enrollment ID via SMS.
Frequently Asked Questions of GATE Admit Card 2018
Q. When will I receive my GATE admit card?
Ans. Admit Card can be downloaded from the GATE websites from January 5, 2018. The admit cards will not be sent by post or as email attachment. The last date for downloading GATE admit card it before the exam.
Q. Is the GATE 2018 admit card alone sufficient to gain entry to the exam?
Ans: No. The GATE admit card has to be brought to the test canter along with at least one original (not photocopied/scanned copy) and valid (not expired) photo identification, whose details have been entered while filling the application. Only one of the following photo identifications is permitted: Driving license, Passport, PAN Card, Voter ID, Aadhaar UID, valid College ID, Employee Identification Card or driving License. Candidates will not be permitted to take the exam if the original and valid photo identification is not presented.
International Candidates must bring only a valid Passport/ Government issued ID/College ID/ Employee ID shall be accepted as the recognized identification.
Q. Is it necessary to take out a colour printout of GATE admit card?
Ans: The admit card is valid only if the candidate’s photograph and signature images are legible. To ensure this candidate must take colour print out of GATE 2018 admit card on an A4 size paper.
Q. Till what date will the GATE Admit Card be available?
Ans: The GATE Admit Card is available till the exam is completed. So candidates must download and safe keep the same.
Q. If some details are wrong in my Admit Card or my photo is not proper, what should I do?
Ans: Please email your Zonal Centre for GATE 2017 with the details and send them the admit card copy via email after conversing with them. The details must be right as well as the photograph.
Q. When should I reach to my exam centre?
Ans. Candidates must report at the examination venue before the scheduled commencement of the examination. They will be permitted to appear for examination only after their credentials are verified by centre officials.
- Candidates will be permitted to occupy their allotted seats 35 minutes before the scheduled start of examination.
- Candidates can login and start reading the necessary instruction 20 minutes before the start of examination
- Candidates will not be allowed to enter the examination hall after 09:30 am in the morning session and 02:30 pm in afternoon session
- Candidates will not be allowed to leave examination hall before the end of the examination
Q. What should I carry with me to my exam centre?
Ans: Candidates do not have to carry any electronic gadgets like calculator, mobile phones or any textual materials or rough sheets expect admit card and valid photo id proof. A virtual scientific calculator will be available on computer screen during the exam. Personal calculator, mobile phones or any other electronic devices are not allowed in the examination hall. Candidates should not bring any charts/tables/papers into the examination hall.
Q. Will I get rough sheet in GATE exam?
Ans: Scribble pads will be provided to candidates for rough work. Candidates have to write their name and registration number on the scribble pass before start using it. The scribble pad must be returned to the invigilator at the ends of examination
Q. What is the exam schedule of GATE 2018?
Ans: The GATE 2018 will be held in online on 3, 4, 10 and 11 for 23 papers. The timings will be released in due course of time.
Stay tuned to http://engg.entrancecorner.com or more news and information on GATE 2018 Admit Card