DTE Maharashtra has released a notification for the Maharashtra State Common Entrance Test (MHT CET) 2018 stating few changes in the exam pattern, syllabus and weightage. As per the official notification, while preparing the question paper for the entrance test, around 80 % weightage will be given to class XII curriculum and the remaining 20% will be based on class XI syllabus.
DTE Maharashtra will conduct MHT CET 2018 in pen and paper based mode in May. The entrance test will be held for two papers – Paper I for Mathematics and Paper II for Physics and Chemistry. The question paper of MHT CET will be set based on the syllabus prescribed by Maharashtra State Board of Secondary and Higher Education.
MHT CET question paper will have multiple choice questions of 100 marks. Each subject in MHT CET exam will consist of approximately 10 questions from class XI syllabus and 40 questions from class XII syllabus. In paper I, each question will carry two marks, while in paper II, each question will carry one mark. The entrance test will be conducted for a duration of 1 hour 30 minutes.
DTE Maharashtra has also notified that there will be no negative marking for incorrect answers. However, the difficulty level of the entrance test will be at par with JEE Main.
DTE Maharashtra will conduct MHT CET 2018 in across 46 districts of Maharashtra. Qualified candidates will be granted admission into various B.Tech courses offered by around 360 engineering institutes of Maharashtra.
stay tuned to https://engg.entrancecorner.com for latest updates on MHT CET 2018. For any queries or doubts comment below