DRDO Recruitment through GATE 2018: Defence Research And Development Organisation commonly known as DRDO will consider GATE score 2018 for recruitment for the post of Scientist ‘B’. Candidates who have applied for GATE 2018 can also fill DRDO recruitment form but only those candidates who have required cut off score will be allowed to participate in the selection process. DRDO recruitment through GATE to be done based on the candidates score in GATE 2018 and their performance in personal interview. The application process of DRDO Recruitment through GATE 2018 will begin in March 2018. The DRDO 2018 recruitment application form can be filled in the online mode only. The application procedure to apply for DRDO recruitment through GATE will continue until April. While filling the application for DRDO recruitment through GATE 2018, candidates have to pay the requisite application fee. Candidates have to enter their GATE registration number while applying for DRDO recruitment 2018. To know more about DRDO recruitment through GATE 2018 application process, eligibility criteria, important dates read the article given below on this page.
DRDO Recruitment through GATE 2018 – Highlights
Name of organisation: Defence Research And Development Organisation
Vacancy details: Scientist ‘B’
Number of posts: To be notified
Application dates: Third week of March to first week of April 2018
Application fees: To be notified
Pay scale: Rs. 15,600-39,100, Grade Pay- Rs. 5400
DRDO Recruitment through GATE 2018 – Dates
The recruitment of candidates in DRDO for the post of Scientist ‘B’ will be done on the basis of GATE 2018 scores. The application form of DRDO recruitment will be available from the third week of March 2018. Important dates related to DRDO recruitment through GATE 2018 is given below. The tentative dates will be updated as and when DRDO releases notification for recruitment.
DRDO recruitment dates through GATE 2018
|S.No.||DRDO recruitment through GATE events||Important dates|
|1.||GATE 2018 applications started on||August 31, 2017|
|2.||Last date to submit GATE 2018 application||October 5, 2017|
|3.||GATE 2018 admit card||January 5, 2018|
|4.||GATE 2018 exam date||February 3, 4 10 and 11, 2018|
|5.||Application form of DRDO recruitment available from||Third week of March 2018|
|6.||Last date to fill DRDO recruitment form||First week of April 2018|
DRDO Recruitment through GATE 2018- Eligibility Criteria
- Nationality: Candidates belonging to India are eligible to apply for DRDO recruitment through GATE 2018
- Academic Qualifications: The applicant should have passed first Master’s degree in Physics or Chemistry from a recognised university with a minimum 60% marks in aggregate or CGPA/CPI of 6.75 (for a 10 point scale). Candidates appearing in the final examination of qualifying degree may also apply. However, if selected, the appointment of such candidates will be subject to availability of their final result of qualifying degree at the time of interview.
- Age Requirements: DRDO has set specific age limits for different categories. The category wise age requirement for DRDO recruitment through GATE 2018 is given below:
DRDO recruitment through GATE 2018- Age requirement
|S.No.||Category||Upper age limit|
|4.||Ex servicemen||As per rules for ex‐servicemen|
|5.||Central Civilian Govt. employees working in posts which are in the same line or allied cadres as deemed by DRDO.||31 years|
|6.||Persons With Disability (PWD) (Gen)||38 years|
|7.||Persons With Disability (PWD) (OBC)||41 years|
|8.||Persons With Disability (PWD) (SC/St)||43 years|
- Desirable: Knowledge of German, French, Russian, Japanese or Chinese
DRDO Recruitment through GATE 2018- Discipline
The details about the disciplines, qualification, equivalent acceptable subjects of qualifying degree required for the screening of students for DRDO recruitment through GATE 2018 is given below
|Discipline||Eligibility||GATE paper code||Equivalent acceptable subjects of qualifying degree|
|Electronics & Comm. Engg||First class bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Technology in Electronics & Communication Engg from a recognized university or equivalent.||EC||
|Mechanical||First class bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Technology in Mechanical Engg from a recognized university or equivalent.||ME||
|Computer Science & Engg*||First class bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Technology in Computer Science & Engg from a recognized university or equivalent.||CS||
|Mathematics*||First class master’s degree in Mathematics from a recognized University or equivalent||MA||
|Electrical Engg||First class bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Technology in Electrical Engg from a recognized||EE||
|Physics*||First class master’s degree in Physics from a recognized University or equivalent||PH||
|Aeronautical Engg||First class bachelor’s degree Technology in Aeronautical Engg from a recognized university or equivalent.||AE||
|Chemical Engg||First class bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Technology in Chemical Engg from a recognized university or equivalent||CH||
|Chemistry*||First class master’s degree in Chemistry from a recognized University or equivalent||CY||
|Textile Engg*||First class bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Technology in Textile Engg from a recognized university or equivalent.||TF||
|Civil Engg*||First class bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Technology in Civil Engg from a recognized university or equivalent||CE||
|Material Science & Engg/ Metallurgical Engg*||First class bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Technology in Metallurgy (Material Science & Engg/Metallurgical Engg) from a recognized university or equivalent.||MT||
Note: * marked Subjects/Disciplines are those in which Persons with Disabilities (PWD) (Orthopaedic Handicapped (OH) and Hearing Handicapped (HH)) can apply.
How to apply for DRDO recruitment through GATE 2018?
Candidates interested in applying for DRDO recruitment through GATE have to complete the following two stages:
- Filling up GATE application form 2018
- Filling up DRDO recruitment form 2018
GATE Application Form 2018: The application form of GATE 2018 has been made available online by IIT Guwahati on August 31. Candidates can fill and submit their applications through GOAPS till October 5, 2017. GATE 2018 will be conducted across 199 cities in India and 6 cities abroad on February 3, 4, 10 and 11, 2018. Candidates who want apply for DRDO recruitment through GATE 2018 have to fill GATE application form.
DRDO Recruitment Form 2018: The application form of DRDO recruitment through GATE 2018 will available online and the applicants will be able to fill and submit the application form from the link which will be provided on this page. Eligible applicants may apply online using GATE 2018 registration number which will be mentioned on GATE admit card 2018 to be issued by IIT Guwahati on January 5. The application process of DRDO recruitment through GATE 2018 consists of four steps as explained below.
Step 1) Filling DRDO application form– Candidates have to enter their personal details, communication details, Educational qualifications, work experience etc. in the application form
Step 2) Uploading of scanned images– While applying for DRDO recruitment through GATE, after filling all the required details candidates have to upload scanned images of their recent passport sized coloured photograph and other necessary self-attested copies of important documents. The specification required for the scanned images can be checked from the table given below.
DRDO recruitment through GATE application form- Specification of images
|1.||Photograph||30 KB||110 x 140 pixels|
|2.||Certificates||500 KB||200dpi grey scale|
After entering all the details, click on save and next, the preview of the application form will pop up on the screen. Applicants should check all the details entered by them in the application form, as no changes will be allowed in the application form after submission.
Step 3) DRDO recruitment application fee – General/OBC candidates are required to pay the application fees of Rs.100. However, there is no application fee for SC/ST /PWD and women candidates.
Step 4) Print out of filled in DRDO recruitment application form– After submission of the application form for DRDO recruitment through GATE 2018, the acknowledgment slip will be generated. Candidates are advised to retain a copy of the form along with slip for future reference.
DRDO Recruitment through GATE 2018- Important documents
At the time of filling DRDO recruitment form candidates have to upload the following documents:
- Certificates stating educational qualification– Certificates/testimonials regarding qualifications along with mark‐sheet of the candidates.
- Category certificate– Candidates applying under reserved category, ex-servicemen, PwD category have to submit their respective certificates, whichever applicable.
- GATE score card 2018– Candidates have to upload valid score card of GATE.
DRDO Recruitment through GATE 2018- Screening/ Shortlisting
Based on GATE score 2018 eligible candidates will be shortlisted for further selection process. The screening will be done in the ratio of 1:5 subject to their availability in order of the discipline and category wise merit list.
DRDO Recruitment through GATE 2018- Selection procedure
- The shortlisted candidates have to appear for the personal interview to be held at Delhi/Bangalore/Hyderabad/Pune or any other place as decided by RAC/ DRDO in May 2018.
- The interview call letter for DRDO recruitment through GATE 2018 will be available online. Shortlisted candidates have to download their interview call letter along with date/ venue of personal interview and other relevant documents through the candidate login.
- Candidates serving in Govt. Service or in Govt. owned organisations will be required to produce No Objection Certificate (NOC) from their respective Department/Employer at the time of interview failing which candidate will not be allowed to appear for the interview.
- The final selection of the candidates will be purely on the basis of discipline wise category wise merit of aggregate. 80% weightage will be given to GATE score and 20% weightage to marks in personal interview.
- For consideration for selection, a candidate has to secure minimum qualifying marks of 70% for General candidates and 60% for OBC/SC/ST/PWD candidates in Personal Interview.
DRDO Recruitment through GATE 2018- Training
All selected candidates for the post of Scientist ‘B’ at DRDO may be required to initially undergo Post Induction Training.
DRDO Recruitment through GATE 2018- Pay scale
The pay scale for DRDO recruitment through GATE 2018 for the post of Scientist ‘B’ in DRDO, the pay scale will be Rs. 15600‐39100 along with grade pay of Rs. 5400. Total emoluments at the time of joining will be approximately Rs. 60,000 per month.
Phone no.- 011‐23810965; 011‐23830599
email id: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Stay with https://engg.entrancecorner.com for latest updates on PSU Recruitment through GATE 2018.
For any doubt or queries on leave your comment below.