COMEDK UGET 2017: Consortium of Medical Engineering and Dental Colleges of Karnataka (COMEDK) has released the schedule for COMEDK UGET counselling extended round 2. Option entry for the second extended round of COMEDK UGET to start from July 31 to August 05, 2017. The second round of COMEDK UGET counselling was held from July 12 to 24, 2017. Whereas, the first round of COMEDK UGET counselling was conducted from June 12 to July 10, 2017. COMEDK UGET 2017 cutoff ranks for round 2 and 1 of allotment was announced on July 19 and June 27, 2017, respectively. Seats are allotted to the candidates on the basis of choices of courses & colleges, the rank of candidates and availability of seats. After the allotment of seats, candidates are required to report at allotted centre for document verification and completion of admission process. Only those candidates who have qualified the COMEDK UGET 2017 held on May 14 are granted admission provided they fulfil all the eligibility norms defined by the conducting authority. COMEDK UGET result 2017 was declared on May 27. Through COMEDK Under Graduate Entrance Test (COMEDK UGET) around 20,000 undergraduate engineering seats will be offered to 29 B.Tech courses in around 145 engineering colleges. Check more details on COMEDK UGET 2017 counselling, seat allotment, cutoff etc. from the article given below on this page.
Latest: Vacant Seats for COMEDK UGET 2017 Extended Round 2- Check here
- The Counselling of COMEDK UGET 2017 is an online counselling, which started from June 12
- Only the candidates qualifying the examination are eligible for the counselling
- Before COMEDK UGET counselling process, the candidates had to register from June 12 to 20, 2017
- After the registration, candidates had to enter their colleges and courses preferences
- The counselling is done on the basis of the rank secured by the candidates in the examination
- Candidates appearing in the counselling need to submit their Online Rank card and other documents as required for verification. Candidates will not be allowed to enter the counselling venue without it
COMEDK UGET 2017 Counselling Extended Round 2 – Apply Here
- The document verification of second round has been published online. Seat Allotment round 2 has been released along with vacant seats.
- Selection of seats for the Under Graduate course in the Participating Institutes of COMEDK UGET 2017 is based on the performance of the candidates in the main examination.
- The seat selection process involves two rounds of counselling.
- Candidates need to be physically present to participate in the seat allotment process.
- Candidates had to register in the counter to participate in the seat allotment process.
- Candidates are not allowed to change the seat selected by them during the same counselling round.
The COMEDK UGET 2017 Cutoff is the minimum score that the candidates have to secure to be eligible for taking admission in various Participating Institutes of COMEDK UGET 2017. The cutoff of COMEDK UGET 2017 for the 1st round of seat allotment has been declared on June 27.
- The final COMEDK UGET 2017 answer key is published on May 26
- Candidates can use the answer key to calculate their expected score
- The Provisional Answer Key of COMEDK UGET 2017 released on May 17
- The candidates can challenge the provisional answer key of COMEDK UGET 2017 on May 22
- Candidates can also submit their clarification regarding the answer key online.
- Candidates will have to pay Rs.500 per clarification.
- If the clarification sought is upheld, the money will be refunded to the candidates after the COMEDK UGET 2017 process is completed
- The Admission committee of COMEDK UGET will take the final decision regarding the answer keys. This decision will be binding on all the candidates.
COMEDK UGET 2017 Salient Features:
- Candidates from different states across the country applied for COMEDK UGET 2017.
- COMEDK UGET 2017 was held for admission in various undergraduate engineering courses offered by the COMEDK Participating Institutions in the state of Karnataka.
- There are around 145 Participating Institutes that offers a total no. of 29 undergraduate engineering courses.
- Candidates had to COMEDK UGET 2017 has registered online and filled up the application form of COMEDK UGET 2017.
- Candidates have fulfilled the prescribed eligibility criteria in order to appear in the examination.
- Candidates from across the country have applied for COMEDK UGET 2017 as it is not mandatory for the candidates to hold a domicile of Karnataka.
- Candidates who had successfully applied for the examination were able to download the COMEDK UGET admit card 2017, which was made available.
- The examination was held in 151 cities across the country.
- The question paper consisted of 60 multiple choice questions for each section.
- The answer key has been released after the conclusion of the examination.
- The result of COMEDK UGET 2017 has been announced online.
- The counselling will be done in two rounds and it will be a single window counselling.
- Candidates will have to attend the counselling in person. Registration is mandatory for every candidate in order to take part in the seat allotment process.
|COMEDK UGET 2017 Application begins on||February 13, 2017|
|COMEDK UGET 2017 Application ends on||April 20, 2017|
|COMEDK UGET 2017 Mock test available form||February 20, 2017|
|Download COMEDK UGET 2017 Admit Card||May 5, 2017|
|Last date for downloading of COMEDK UGET 2017 Online Test Admission Ticket(TAT)||May 13, 2017|
|COMEDK UGET 2017 Exam Date||May 14, 2017|
|Publishing of Provisional Answer Keys of COMEDK UGET 2017||May 17, 2017|
|Last date for challenging Provisional Answer Keys||May 22, 2017|
|Publishing of Final Answer keys||May 26, 2017|
|COMEDK UGET 2017 Result and score||May 27, 2017|
|COMEDK UGET 2017 Counselling|
|Registration for counselling||June 12 to 20, 2017|
|Option Entry||June 12 to 20, 2017|
|Option Changing/Freezing||June 21 to 23, 2017|
|Result of seat allotment round-I||June 25, 2017|
|Confirmation of seats allotted||June 25 to 29, 2017|
|Document Verification||June 27 to 30, 2017|
|Date of Withdraw||July 06 to 10, 2017|
The examination authority COMEDK has declared result of COMEDK UGET 2017 on May 27, 2017. The COMEDK UGET result is being generated based on the scores obtained in the entrance test. Candidates can check their COMEDK UGET 2017 result and rank list by entering their user ID and password. The examination authority will conduct counselling based on the COMEDK UGET 2017 rank list for allotment of around 20,000 B.Tech seats in member institutions of COMEDK.
Highlights of COMEDK UGET 2017 Result
- The Result of COMEDK 2017 is available on May 27, 2017
- The result can be checked only in online mode.
- No Hard copy of the score card is to be issued to the qualified candidates.
- The Rank List of COMEDK UGET 2017 ha been generated based on the performance of the candidates in the entrance test.
- The Rank list will be released on May 27, 2017.
Tie- Breaking Resolution
In case, there is a tie in the test scores, the following method will be used to resolve the tie:
- The principle of least negative responses (number of wrong answers) in Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry will be taken into account.
- If this does not resolve the issue, candidate securing higher aggregate marks in Physics and Mathematics will be assigned higher rank.
- If there is still a tie, the candidate who obtains higher marks in Mathematics will be assigned higher rank.
- If the tie still exists, the age of the Candidate will be taken into consideration. The elder candidate will be allotted higher rank.
COMEDK UGET 2017 Programmes
There are 29 undergraduate engineering courses offered by the Participating Institutes of COMEDK UGET 2017. Candidates can check the name of the programmes in the table given below.
|S. No.||Name of Programmes|
|3||Automation & Robotics Engineering|
|5||Information Technology & Engineering|
|10||Computer Science Engineering|
|11||Ceramic & Cement Technology|
|12||Construction Tech & Management|
|13||Electronics & Communications Engineering|
|15||Telecommunication Nano Technology Engineering|
|21||Manufacturing Science & Engineering|
|22||Instrumentation Technology also known as Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering|
|24||Industrial Engineering and Production|
|25||Industrial Engineering and Management|
|27||Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering|
|28||Electrical & Electronics Engineering|
COMEDK UGET 2017 Participating Institute includes various Universities, Government colleges, and private colleges of Karnataka. There are about 145 colleges that offer a total no. of around 20,000 seats to the candidates. The participating Institutes will provide admission to various undergraduate engineering colleges. Candidates can check the first 10 Participating Institutes of COMEDK UGET 2017 in the table give below.
|S No.||Name of Institutes|
|1||Acharya Institute of Technology, Bangalore|
|2||Acharya’s NRV School of Architecture, Bangalore|
|3||A.C.S. College of Engineering, Bangalore|
|4||Adichunchanagiri Institute Of Technology, Chikmagalur|
|5||Alpha College of Engineering Bangalore|
|6||Alva’s Institute of Engineering & Technology, Moodbiri|
|7||AMC Engineering College, Bangalore|
|8||Appa Institute of Engineering & Technology, Gulbarga|
|9||Atria Institute of Technology, Bangalore|
|10||Nandi Institute of Technology and Management Sciences, Bangalore|
Before applying for the examination, candidates should check the Eligibility Criteria of COMEDK UGET 2017. All the candidates should fulfil the specified eligibility criteria to be eligible for COMEDK UGET 2017. Candidates who do not fulfil the eligibility criteria will not be granted admission under any circumstances. Candidates can check the COMEDK UGET 2017 Eligibility Criteria in the table given below:
- To be eligible for COMEDK UGET 2017, it is not mandatory for every candidate to hold a domicile of Karnataka. Therefore, candidates hailing from different states of the country can apply for COMEDK UGET 2017.
- Diploma holders cannot apply for COMEDK UGET 2017.
- The Admit Card for COMEDK UGET 2017 also known as Online Test Admission Ticket (TAT).
- The admit card was available online from May 5, 2017. No Test Admission Ticket (TAT) was dispatched either by email or post/courier or in person to the candidates under any circumstances.
- Before downloading COMEDK UGET 2017 admit card, candidates had to ensure to check all the details mentioned in the admit card and read the instructions printed in it carefully.
- Candidates should have ensured to take COMEDK admit card 2017 along with them on the examination day. Candidates without the admit card were not be allowed to appear in the examination under any circumstances.
- Candidates also have to produce the admit card at the time of counselling and retain it until the completion of the admission process.
- COMEDK UGET 2017 was conducted in 151 cities across the country.
- Candidates were allotted the exam centres on first come first serve basis.
- Candidates had to select COMEDK UGET 2017 exam centres at the time of filling up the application form.
- Candidates cannot change the option of city chosen as the exam centre after the submission of the application form under any circumstances.
Candidates can check the first 10 Exam Centres of COMEDK UGET 2017 in the table below:
To check the complete list of COMEDK UGET 2017 click on the link given above.
The syllabus of COMEDK UGET 2017 provided the subject wise syllabus prescribed for the examination. The examination was based on the existing syllabus of 10 + 2 / 12th STD / 2nd PUC. The syllabus consist units from Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. Candidates must have complete knowledge about the syllabus and make sure to cover the entire syllabus to excel in the examination. The Syllabus is given in the table below.
|Physics||Electric charges and fields, Electrostatic potential and capacitance, Current electricity, Moving charges and magnetism, Magnetism and Matter, Electromagnetic Induction, Alternating Current, Electromagnetic Waves, Ray Optics and Optical Instruments, Wave Optics, Dual nature of radiation and matter, Atoms, Nuclei, Semiconductor electronics, Communication Systems.|
|Chemistry||Solid state, Solutions, Electrochemistry, Nuclear chemistry, Organic chemistry,Bio-molecules, Chemical kinetics,Transition of metals, Chemistry in action, Polymers, Chemistry of carbon compounds, Electrochemistry, General Principles and Processes of Isolation of Elements 5 hrs,p-Block Elements, d and f Block Elements, Coordination Compounds, Haloalkanes and Haloarenes, Alcohols, Phenols and Ethers, Aldehydes, Ketones and Carboxylic acids, Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen 6 hrs.|
|Mathematics||Calculus, Three-dimensional geometry, Vectors, Differential equations, Coordinate geometry, Logarithmic series, Trigonometry, Matrices and Determinants, Circles Probability, Co-relation and regression, Relations and Functions, Algebra,|
The exam pattern of COMEDK UGET 2017 list all important information related to the question pattern. Candidates have cross-checked the test pattern and related information in the table given below.
|Mode of Examination||Computer Based test|
|Type of Questions||Multiple choice questions|
|Total no. of sections||3 – Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics|
|Total no. of questions||180 – 60 marks in each subject|
|Total no. of marks||180|
|Marking scheme||Correct answer will be awarded 1 mark. No negative marking for incorrect answer.|
COMEDK UGET 2017 Mock Test
COMEDK UGET 2017 mock test has been made available on February 20, 2017. The mock test of COMEDK UGET 2017 will help the candidates to get a prior experience of the examination. As the computer based test (CBT) was introduced in the previous years, candidates might face difficulty in the main examination. The mock test will familiarize the candidates to the computer based test. It will also aid the candidates to get a better understanding of the pattern of the online test. Candidates can also analyse their preparation level by the taking the test. They will be able to self-evaluate their performances which will make them perform better in the main examination. Candidates are advised to practice Mock test of COMEDK UGET 2017 on a regular basis to revise in a more precise way.
Interested candidates can take the Mock test by clicking on the link given in the table below:
Mock Test Series I
Mock test Series II
The application form of COMEDK UGET 2017 has been made available on February 13, 2017. The entire application process will be carried out in the online mode. Candidates also have to pay the application fee of Rs. 1200 only in the online mode through Net banking or Credit card/ Debit card.Candidates have to follow few basic steps as given below to successfully apply for COMEDK UGET 2017.
Registration: Candidates have to register online and create their individual account. On the login page, candidates have to enter their name, date of birth, mobile number, email ID etc. Upon successful registration, the user ID and password will be sent to the applicants via email and SMS. Candidates have to use the credentials to login and to start filling up the application form.
Filling up of Application Form: Applicants have to enter the following details in the application form:
- Applying for
- Personal details
- Category details
- Academic details
- Uploading of Images and Documents
- City preference and payment
Print out of Application Form
After submitting the form successfully, candidates have to take a print out of the application form and get the signature of the principal of the college/ institution where they have last studied along with the seal of the Institute/ College. Candidates will have to take the attested application form at the time of counselling.
Only Candidates who belong to Hyderabad- Karnataka region or belongs to Tulu or Telugu or Tamil Linguistic Minorities are entitled to seat reservation. There is no reservation of seats for any other category. Candidates claiming Minority / Hyderabad Karnataka status have to produce a valid certificate at the time of Counselling. Candidates who fail to produce the required documents will not be allotted seats under the reservation claimed
Official Website: https://www.comedk.org/
Stay tuned to, http://engg.entrancecorner.com/ for more information on COMEDK UGET 2017.