COMEDK UGET 2017 Reservation of Seats – “Consortium of Medical, Engineering and Dental Colleges of Karnataka” (COMEDK) will conduct Undergraduate Engineering Test (UGET) 2017 on May 7, 2017. The online registration has been started from Feb 13, 2017. Candidates belonging to the reserved category must fill up the Application Form and specify their category therein. Candidates who belong to Hyderabad- Karnataka region or belong to Tulu or Telugu or Tamil Linguistic Minorities are allowed for seat reservation. Candidates need to produce a valid reservation certificate at the time of Counselling. Candidates who fail to proof will not be allotted seats under the reserved categories. There is no reservation for any other category. Given below are the complete details regarding the Reservation of Seats for COMEDK UGET 2017.
COMEDK UGET 2017 Reservation of Seats (Categories Wise)
- General Merit (GM) and Scheduled Caste (SC) or Scheduled Tribe (ST) or Other Backward Classes (OBC) on Karnataka Basis
- Tulu / Telugu / Tamil/Christian minority communities
- Candidates belonging to Hyderabad-Karnataka (HK) Region
COMEDK UGET 2017 Reservation of Seats – Requirements
- Candidates who belong to the General Merit (GM) must have passed with minimum aggregate marks of 45% and ST /SC/ OBC minimum marks required is 40% in the three subjects such as Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics individually.
- Candidates must be careful while claiming under the Reserved Category such GM/ST/SC/OBC/ Minority and H-K Region as they will not be able to change after filling it up in the COMEDK UGET 2017 Application Form.
- Candidates must produce a valid document regarding their reservation at the time of COMEDK UGET 2017 Certificates, if found invalid or not produced and do not fulfil the COMEDK UGET 2017 Eligibility Criteria they will not be called for counselling or will not be allowed to participate in the process.
- The candidates who have claimed under the Minority/ Hyderabad Karnataka Region should produce a valid certificate at the first appearance in the counselling.
- If the Reserved Category certificates are different and exclusive then the candidates have to produce not only Category Certificate but also Caste and Income in original at the time of counselling.
COMEDK UGET 2017 – Reservation Criteria:
- In the COMEDK UGET 2017 Application Form, the Karnataka candidates will be asked to fill in the appropriate section.
- Candidates can select from General Merit/ Schedule Cast/ Schedule Tribe/ Other Backward Classes.
- In this part Karnataka candidates have to choose their Linguistic Minority.
- Candidates belonging to Karnataka can select from Tulu/Telugu/Tamil to get admission in Linguistic Minority.
- If selected through this category the applicants can get admission in institutions declared as ‘Linguistic Minority’.
- If the candidate has none of these, they will select, ‘Not Applicable’.
- The candidates also have to fill in the ‘Religious Minority’ section.
- To fall under religious minority and get admission in institutions which are stated as Religious Minority, candidates can choose between the Christian Karnataka and Christian-Non Karnataka.
- If candidates do not belong to any of them, they will select, ‘Not Applicable’.
Hyderabad- Karnataka Region:
- The candidates will be impelled to answer whether they belong to the Hyderabad region.
- If they do belong to Hyderabad – Karnataka Region candidates will further choose the regions from: Gulbarga/ Yadgir/ Raichur/ Koppal/ Bidar/ Bellary.
Note: Candidates must note that information stated above is based on the previous year’s data. We will update the article as soon as the new COMEDK UGET 2017 brochure is released.
To know more about COMEDK UGET 2017 comment below