CEED 2017: IIT Bombay has conducted the Common Entrance Examination for Design (CEED) 2017 on January 22, 2017 from 10:00 am to 1:00 pm. All the candidates who have appeared in the entrance test will be able to check the result of CEED 2017 on March 11, 2017. The score cards of CEED 2017 exam will be available for download on March 15, 2017. The candidates who will be shortlisted will be offered admission to Master of Design programme in any of the five participating institutes. Only those candidates who have secured the category wise minimum prescribed marks will be able to participate in the counselling of CEED 2017 at the institutes. However, candidates have to apply separately for admission. The seats will be allotted to the candidates based on their marks and availability of seats at the participating institutes of CEED 2017.
Latest – CEED 2017 Result announced
- From 14, the number of exam centres for the examination has been increased to 19. The new addition includes Bhubaneshwar, Indore, Jaipur, Kozhikode, Patna, and Raipur. Whereas, Bhopal has been excluded from the list.
- A properly defined syllabus was provided for both the Parts of CEED 2017.
- The cutoff for Part A has been mentioned. Check both syllabus and cutoff from respective sections below.
About CEED 2017: IIT Bombay conducts the Common Entrance Examination for Design (CEED) on a national level for the admissions to the Masters in Design Programmes offered at IIT Bombay, IIT Delhi, IIT Hyderabad, IIT Kanpur, IIT Guwahati and IISc Bangalore. This design entrance exam is primarily designed to test the applicant’s ability and aptitude for design. The entrance exam tests the drawing skills, logical reasoning, creativity, communication skills as well as the visual perception ability of the candidates who appear for this exam.
Some Important Points to Note about CEED 2017
- Only candidates who qualify in Paper A will be eligible to appear for Paper B.
- Paper A is an online and computer based test. This paper will be used as a screening test for the candidate’s eligibility to appear for Paper B.
- Paper B is pen and paper based and involves questions about drawing and other designing skills including creativity and visual perception.
- Candidates who qualify in CEED will have to apply to the individual IITs and other institutes for M.Des admissions. There is no common counselling involved.
- For all M.Des Admissions, candidates have to appear for an interview where they have to present a portfolio of their work.
- CEED 2017 score will be valid for one year from the date of the declaration of the results.
Candidates can use the schedule given below to keep track of the important dates for CEED 2017. The application deadlines, download of admit card, exam schedule, result declaration, download of answer keys, availability of score card and more can be tracked with the help of the CEED 2017 Important Dates given below.
|1||Start of CEED 2017 Application Form||October 17, 2016|
|2||Last Date for CEED Application Form 2017||November 11, 2016|
|3||Downloading of Admit Card||December 29, 2016|
|4||Last Date to Rectify Errors in Admit Card||January 09, 2017|
|5||CEED 2017 was held on||January 22, 2017|
|6||Availability of Draft Answer Key||January 28 to 30, 2017|
|7||Last date to challenge the answer key||January 31, 2017|
|8||Final Answer Key will Release on||February 02, 2017|
|9||CEED Result 2017||March 10, 2017|
|10||CEED Score Card 2017 Download||March 15, 2017|
The answer key of CEED is only be provided online. IIT Bombay first released the draft answer key, which is open to challenges. The candidates may download and check the draft answer key from this page, between January 28 to 30, 2017. Candidates can challenge the answer key until January 31, 2017.
The final answer key will be provided on February 02, 2017. Candidates may use both the answer keys of CEED to predict their score in the exam. However, it should be noted that the answer key will only be available for the Part A of the exam.
The Admit Card of CEED 2017 can only be downloaded until January 21, 2017. To download it, the candidates will first have to access the link above and then follow the steps below:
- Enter Registration Number etc in the mentioned space.
- Click on ‘login’ button
- Check and download the displayed CEED 2017 Admit Card
The CEED 2017 Admit Card is the important document that will be the identification for the candidates hence candidates must carry a clear colour printout of the same to the exam hall. Candidates are also required to carry an original Photo ID which is valid along with the admit card to the CEED 2017 exam.
Photo Ids that will be allowed are:
- Driving license,
- PAN Card,
- Voter ID,
- College ID,
- Aadhar UID
Remember that photocopies of the Photo IDs will not be allowed. Candidates will not be permitted to take the test if original and valid photo identification is not presented
To appear for exam, candidates must have passed any one of the following qualifying exams by July 2017:
- A 4 years degree/diploma course, after 10 + 2.
- A Professional Diploma in Design (NID/CEPT) or equivalent. This courses must be for a duration of 4 years after 10+2
- B.F.A. which is a 4 year programmes after 10+2
- G.D. Art which must be a 5 year programme after 10th. Candidates must also have one year professional experience post qualification.
- A Master’s degree in Arts / Science / Computer Applications
Note: Candidates who have passed a bachelor’s degree of three years are not eligible to appear for the CEED 2017 exam.
CEED 2017 Participating Institutes and Programmes
|M.Des||1||IISc Bangalore||Product Design and Engineering|
|2||IIT Bombay||Industrial Design, Communication Design, Animation, Interaction Design, Mobility and Vehicle Design|
|3||IIT Delhi||Industrial Design|
|5||IIT Hyderabad||Visual Design|
Note: Some of the above mentioned also allow GATE scores as the basis for admissions to the M.Des programmes. Candidates are advised to check the eligibility criteria of the institutes before applying for admissions to these institutes.
Other Guidelines for CEED 2017 Eligibility Criteria:
- Candidates must be Indian nationals.
- There is no age bar for CEED 2017.
- Candidates may appear for CEED infinite number of times.
The application process for CEED 2017 is over. However, for our readers, the step to submit the form is still mentioned below.
Step 1: Registration
- Submit a vaild e-mail id
- Check e-mail and access the link which will be e-mailed
- Register by submitting the required details.
Step 2: Filling the CEED 2017 Application Form
- After logging in successfully, candidates will be directed to the online Application form having a unique application number (C17 followed by a 6 digit number; eg., C17012345)
- They must choose three cities from the given list of CEED Exam Centres 2017.
They must also
- Next candidates have to upload their photograph, signature, eligibility certificate and other supporting documents.
- They must check all the details before saving and submitting the application form.
Step 3: Payment of application Fees for CEED 2017
CEED 2017 Application Fees:
|Category||Non-refundable Application fee|
|Women (All Categories)||1100|
Note: Additional bank charges may be applicable.
Payment Mode: Fees can be paid through State Bank of India Collect Facility
The exam consists of two parts – Part A and Part B
CEED 2017 Paper
|Details of Exam Pattern|
Important: Only candidates who qualify in this will be eligible to appear for Part B.
Some important guidelines to be followed by candidates in the exam hall:
- Charts, graph sheets, tables, calculator, cellular phone and other electronic gadgets are NOT allowed in the examination hall.
- A scribble pad will be provided for rough work which has to be returned to the invigilator at the end of the exam.
- Candidates must carry the photo ID along with their CEED 2017 Admit Card to the exam hall.
The syllabus of both Part A and B is as below:
Part A: Visualisation and spatial ability, Environment and social awareness, Analytical and logical reasoning, Language and creativity, Design thinking and problem solving, Observation and design sensitivity.
Part B: Drawing, Creativity, Communication Skills, Analytical and problem solving skills
CEED 2017 Sample Papers
Since CEED doesn’t have any prescribed text book, it becomes imperative that the candidates must attempt to solve the sample papers and previous year question papers to get an idea of the kinds of questions to expect.
It is important to have attempted all the available previous year question papers for CEED to be better prepared though there is no fixed syllabus or pattern for the CEED exam.
The centres for CEED 2017 will be situated in following cities:
- Candidates who have appeared for the CEED 2017 exam can check their results by logging in.
- They can see their Part A marks if they have not qualified and appeared in CEED 2017 Part B
- They can see the marks for Part B if they qualified and appeared for the same.
- The result allows candidates to know their performance in the CEED 2017 exam.
- Candidates who have qualified in CEED will be able to download their score cards.
CEED 2017 Score Card
- The Score Card for CEED 2017 will be available for download from March 15, 2017.
- Only candidates who have qualified in CEED 2017 Part A and B can download their Score Cards.
- The Score Card will be valid for a period of one year from the date of declaration of results.
- Candidates will be required to furnish the Scorecard for M.Des admissions when they apply for the same.
The cutoff marks in both the Parts of CEED 2017 are as mentioned below:
Part A: To qualify in CEED Part A and be shortlisted for Part B, candidates will have to score upto or more than the below-mentioned minimum qualifying marks.
|S.No.||Category||Minimum Qualifying Marks|
However, it should also be noted that if the number of seats is ‘N’, then approximately top 10(x)N candidates will be shortlisted.
- Only candidates who score above the CEED 2016 cutoff for their respective categories will be issued the CEED 2016 Score Card
- The Cutoff will be 5n where “n” is the number of seats available for admissions at the CEED 2017 participating Institutes
CEED 2017 Counselling
- There is no common counselling for the CEED . Candidates who qualify in the exam must apply for admissions separately for the courses at the institutes they wish to apply.
- They must check the eligibility criteria, apply online and if shortlisted must attend a personal interview.
- If they get selected, they must pay the admission fees and confirm their admissions by completing all the required formalities.
Address: Chairperson, JEE (advanced)-UCEED-CEED 2017,
Indian Institute of Technology Bombay
Phone Number: +91 22 2576 9093
E-mail Id: firstname.lastname@example.org
Official CEED 2017 Website: http://ceed.iitb.ac.in/2017/