To bring an end to the practice of impersonation and to establish an authentic identity of the candidates, the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) made the Aadhaar Card a mandatory document for applying. The Board is likely to use the UIDAI’s data for establishing Aadhaar-linked Biometric attendance in the exam centres. The Board is also planning to go digital by shifting to Digi-Scoring OMR sheets, instead of the earlier used OMR.
All about Aadhaar Linked Biometric
- CBSE suspired the aspirants by removing the requirement of thumb impression in the JEE Main 2017 Application Form.
- The reason for such, UIDAI already possesses the thumb and retinal data.
- At the exam centre, the Aadhaar-link biometric machines will be set up and the candidate’s identity, including the thumb impression, will be matched.
- Since there is no Aadhaar Card in the state of Meghalaya, Jammu and Kashmir, and Assam, relaxation will be given this year.
- The official sources say that the aim of such introduction is not only to bring transparency in the conduct of the examination but is also to delimit the ineligible candidates, before taking the exam.
What is Digi-Scoring?
CBSE is also planning to introduce Digi-Scoring for the pen and paper based examination of JEE Main, which is due on April 02, 2017. Through it, the response marked by the candidates, on the OMR Sheet, will be digitally captured. This will be possible using the image based technology.
The Board used the Digi-Scorning system during the Principals and Assistance Commissioners of NVS exam. It was marked as a success and now the Board aim to use it for the JEE Main as well.
In it, under the supervision of Centre Superintendent, the Center Observer, four witnesses and a Board representative the captured images will be uploaded on the central server of the CBSE.
Digi-Scorning to bring efficiency in system
R.K Chaturvedi, the Chairman of CBSE, said that through the Digi-Scoring, the long process of transferring the answer sheet from the exam centre to the CBSE office will be enhanced. Also, the result will also be determined more accurately and with more transparency.
The data of each individual can now be secured in a tamper proof format, without wasting time. The scheme is also said to be cost effective.
JEE Main 2017 will be held on April 2, 08, and 09, 2017. On April 02, it will be conducted in Pen and Paper mode, whereas, on April 08 and 09, 2017, it will be held in Computer Based Mode. The candidates interested in taking the examination can apply until January 02, 2017. However, the last date to submit the application fee is January 03, 2017. Check more details on JEE Main 2017 – Here
Stay updated with http://engg.entrancecorner.com/