BVP CET 2017 : Bharati Vidyapeeth has conducted BVP CET 2017 for B.Tech courses on May 28, 2017, from 11:00 am to 2:00 pm. BVP CET result will be announced on June 05, 2017, at 05:00 pm. As per the marks obtained by candidates, the university will prepare a merit list containing rank. Candidates with higher marks will be allotted better rank. As per the rank of candidates, the university will call them for counselling and admission process. BVP CET 2017 counselling procedure will begin from June 19 to 28. During counselling, candidates must report at the venue, along with relevant documents for verification and prescribed amount of fees. BVP CET is the basis for admission to around 720 B.Tech seats offered for 09 undergraduate engineering courses. For more information on BVP CET 2017 admit card, important dates, exam centres, exam pattern, result, counselling and other details, read the article given below.
Salient Features of BVP CET 2017
- BVP CET 2017 was conducted by the Bhartiya Vidyapeeth Deemed University, Pune.
- The University provides 9 undergraduate engineering programmes with a total intake of 750 students.
- Candidates who appeared for the examination had applied for the same.
- Candidates have applied either through offline or online mode for the examination.
- It is mandatory for the aspirants to fulfill the Eligibility Criteria of BVP CET 2017.
- The examination was held in 11 cities across the country. Candidates were required to select the exam centre according to their preference at the time of filling up the application form.
- The admit cards has been issued to only those candidates who have successfully applied for the examination.
- Candidates took their admit card along with them to the centre on the examination day. Candidates without the possession of the admit card were not be allowed to appear in the examination.
- The Result of BVP CET 2017 will be announced in the June 05, 2017.
- A separate Rank List will be published after the declaration of result on the basis of the marks obtained by the candidates in BVP CET 2017.
- The counselling and the seat allotment process will be done on the basis of the Rank List of BVP CET 2017.
- The admit card of BVP CET 2017 has been issued to all the candidates who have successfully applied for the examination.
- The admit card was dispatched by post to candidates under certification of posting.
- Candidates also attained their admit card from their login account using username and password.
- The link to download BVP CET 2017 admit card was available above on this page.
- BVP CET admit card indicates the roll number, address of the Examination Centre allotted to the candidates along with other details.
- If the admit card have not received within May 27, candidates have to contact the concerned Designated Centres at Pune, Navi Mumbai and New Delhi or the concerned examination centres at Vadodara, Hyderabad, Indore, Bangalore to obtain a duplicate admit card.
- In order to obtain the duplicate admit card, candidates had to submit in possession two copies of their photograph and a proof of submission/ mailing of application form.
- Candidates had to be ensure to keep their admit card safe and secure as no candidate will be allowed to appear in the examination without the possession of their admit cards.
BVP CET 2017 Programmes
The university offers a total no. of 9 undergraduate engineering programmes with a total of 750 intakes of students. The names of all the available programmes along with the intake in individual programmes are listed in the table given below:
|S No.||Name of Programmes||Total no. of student intake|
|1||B Tech. Chemical||60|
|2||B Tech. Civil||60|
|3||B Tech. Computer||120|
|4||B Tech. Electrical||60|
|5||B Tech. Electronics||90|
|6||B Tech. Electronics & telecommunication||120|
|7||B Tech. Production||60|
|8||B Tech. Mechanical||120|
|9||B. Tech Information Technology||60|
BVP CET 2017 Eligibility Criteria
Only the Candidates who fulfill the relevant requirements will be considered eligible for BVP CET 2017. Before applying for the exam, candidates are advised to check the Eligibility Criteria of BVP CET 2017. Candidates who do not satisfy the requirements will not be considered for admission under any circumstances. Interested candidates can check BVP 2017 Eligibility Criteria in the table given below:
|Qualification||Candidates must qualify 10+2 examination or any other equivalent examination with physics and mathematics as main subjects along with chemistry/ Biotechnology/ Biology/ technical Vocational subject as one of the optional subject. Candidates must secure a minimum aggregate of 50% marks (SC/ST candidates must obtain a minimum aggregate of 45% marks) in the subjects taken together. Candidates appearing in the qualifying examination can also apply for the examination provided they have offered the above-mentioned subjects in the said examinations. However, candidates who qualify the BVP CET 2017 examination will have to produce their mark sheet of 10+ 2 exam at the time of counselling.|
The Important Dates of BVP CET 2017 contains dates of important events of BVP CET 2017. Candidates should keep track of the important dates to make sure they don’t miss out any important event. The list of important dates is given in the table below.
|1.||Information brochure and application form is available||February 09, 2017|
|2.||Last date for submission of application form||May 25, 2017 (5:00 pm)|
|3.||Admit Card of BVP CET 2017||May 23, 2017|
|4.||BVP CET 2017 Exam Date for B.Tech courses||May 28, 2017 (11:00 am to 2:00 pm)|
|5.||Declaration of result||June 05, 2017|
|6.||Counselling starts from||June 19 to 28, 2017|
|7.||Commencement of classes||July 05, 2017|
Candidates have applied for BVP CET 2017 either through online or offline mode. Details about both the modes of application procedure has been given below:
- The Application Form of BVP CET 2017 was available along with the brochure of BVP CET 2017.
- Candidates had to be careful while filling up the application form. Due to any discrepancy in application form led to rejection of candidate
- All the details in the application form have to be in BLOCK letters. Candidates have fill up the application form with only blue/ black pen.
- After entering all the details, candidates have affixed their passport size photograph at the provided space. It needed to be attested by a Gazetted officer or by the Principal/ head of the Institution where the candidates have studied.
- The declaration in the application form have to be signed both by the applicant and the mother/ father/ guardian of the applicants.
- The application fees for B.Tech courses was Rs. 1700.
- The application fee has to be submitted in person or by registered post/ speed post/ courier through Demand Draft drawn on any nationalized bank or Bharati Sahakari Bank Ltd. Payable at Pune, in favour of Registrar, Bharati Vidyapeeth Deemed University, pune and send it to the address given below:
Bharati Vidyapeeth Deemed University
Second floor, CET Department,
Bharati Vidyapeeth Bhavan, L.B.S.Marg, Pune 411030
- The name of the candidate and the number of the application form has to be mentioned on the back of the Demand Draft.
- Before applying for BVP CET 2017, candidates had to register online. Candidates were require submitting a valid and unique email ID.
- All the necessary details have to be filled in by the candidates and click on “Submit” to move to the next section.
- An email was sent to the candidates containing their username and password.
- Candidates had to login with their registered email and password to fill up the application form.
- After successful login, candidates have paid the registration fee of Rs 1700 through Credit Card/ Debit Card/ Net Banking or Demand Draft.
- After the payment of Registration fee, candidates have proceeded forward to fill up the application form.
- Candidates have entered all the details asked in the form.
- After filling up all the details candidates have uploaded the scanned images of their passport sized photograph and signature.
- After the completion of the application process, candidates were required to logout and login again to download the summary of the application.
- Candidates have to be ensured to save and print a copy of the application for future reference.
BVP CET 2017 Exam Cities
BVP CET 2017 was held in 11 Exam Centres across the country. Candidates have chosen the city of examination according to their preference at the time of filling up the application form. Candidates was careful while selecting the exam city as it was not be changed later. The list of Exam Cities of BVP CET 2017 along with their centre code is given in the table below:
|S.No.||Exam Centres||Centre Code|
The Syllabus of BPV CET 2017 consisted of chapters from physics and mathematics. Candidates must have knowledge about the syllabus prescribed for the exam and be thorough with it. The Syllabus of BVP CET 2017 can be checked in the table below:
|Physics||Physical World & Measurement, kinematics, Laws of Motion, Work, Energy and power, Motion of System of Particles and Rigid Body, Gravitation, Properties of Bulk Matter, Thermodynamics, Behaviour of Perfect gas and Kinetic theory, Oscillations and Waves, Electrostatics, Current Electricity, Magnetic Effect of Current and magnetism, Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Currents, Electromagnetic Waves, Optics, Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation, Atoms and Nuclei, Electronic Devices|
|Mathematics||Trigonometry, Determinant, Sets, Relations and Functions, Logarithm, Complex Numbers, Quadratic Equations, Sequences and Series, Permutations and Combinations, Mathematical Induction and binomial Theorem, Limits & Continuity, Differentiation, Applications of Derivatives, Integration, Application of Integral, Differential Equations, Boolean Algebra, mathematical Logic, Matrices, Plane Coordinate Geometry, Vectors, Three Dimensional Geometry, linear Programming, Statistics,|
The Exam pattern of BVP CET 2017 provided an insight about the question pattern of the examination. Check details about the BVP CET exam pattern and related details in the table given below:
|Total no. of Papers||One|
|Question Type||Multiple Choice questions (MCQs)|
|Total no. of Questions||200; Physics: 100, Mathematics: 100|
|Total no. of Marks||200|
BVP CET 2017 Sample Papers
The Sample Papers of BVP CET 2017 was similar to the question paper of the examination. The sample Papers were introduced to give the aspirants a prior experience of the main examination. Sample papers was of great benefit and students have practiced sample papers to prepare in a more effective way for the examination. Regular practice of sample papers gave an insight about the question pattern; total no. of questions, duration, marking schemes and most importantly the difficulty level of the question paper. The accuracy level of the candidates have improved and students were able to eliminate silly mistakes. As the examination was time bound, through sample papers, it also helped in improving time management skills of the students. Therefore, candidates who wished to qualify the examination with flying colour have downloaded and practiced Sample Papers of BVP CET 2017.
The Answer Key of BVP CET consists of the correct answers to the questions asked in the examination. It will be published officially after the conclusion of the examination. Candidates who have appeared in the examination can take the help of answer key to calculate their expected scores and analyse their performance.
- The Result of BVP CET will be declared on June 5, 2017.
- The result will be made available in both online and offline modes.
- The result will be available at the office of the Bharati Vidyapeeth Deemed University in Pune and at the designated centres at Navi Mumbai and New Delhi.
- Candidates who wish to check the result in online mode will have to enter their course name, roll no. and date of birth and click on “Submit” button.
BVP CET 2017 Rank List
- The Rank List of BVP CET 2017 will be prepared after the result is declared
- The rank list will be prepared for the qualified candidates on the basis of their performance in BVP CET 2017.
- The merit list will be prepared on the basis of the total marks obtained in Mathematics and Physics taken together.
Tie breaking Resolution:
In case, two or more candidates obtain equal marks in the examination, the following methods will be used to determine the ranks of such candidates:
- Candidates obtaining higher marks in Mathematics will be assigned higher rank.
- If this does not resolve the tie, candidates obtaining higher aggregate percentage of marks in H.S.C/ equivalent examinations will be given higher rank.
- If there is still a tie, candidates obtaining higher percentage of marks in Mathematics in 10th standard will be given better ranks.
- If the tie still persists, computerised random selection of candidate will be carried out.
- The Counselling of BVP CET 2017 will be done on the basis of the rank list.
- Candidates will require attending the counselling as per their ranks on the list.
- The counselling will be conducted at Bharati Vidyapeeth University College of Engineering, Pune- Satara Road, Pune, 411043.
- The invitation letters for the counselling will be sent to the qualified candidates on the basis of the ranks obtained by them.
- Candidates will have to attend the counselling in person as per scheduled.
- Failure to report for counselling on the scheduled date and time will lead to the candidate’s cancellation of admission.
BVP CET 2017 Seat Allotment
- The University will allot seats on the basis of the ranks obtained by the candidates and as per availability of seats.
- Candidates will be allowed to choose admission to their desired course when their turn for counselling arrives.
- Candidates have to produce all the necessary documents (original and two sets of photocopies) at the time of seat allotment process. Candidates who fail to provide the required documents will not be allotted seats.
- Candidates who are allotted seats have to pay the entire amount of annual tuition fee and other fees through Bank Draft drawn in favour of “ Registrar, Bharati Vidyapeeth Deemed University” payable at Pune.
|B.Tech courses||Regular Merit Category (In Rs)||Management Merit Category (In Rs)||Foreign/ NRI/ PIO/ OCI/ Merit Category|
|Annual fees||106000||150000||US$ 5400|
Candidates will also have to pay an additional fee mentioned below in the table along with the annual fees at the time of admission.
|Network Security||Rs. 6600|
|Caution Money Deposit||Rs. 2000|
|Smart Card||Rs. 450|
|Dress Code||For boys: Rs. 1000
For girls: Rs 850
|Total||For boys: Rs. 10, 050
For girls: Rs. 9,900
Note: caution money deposit will be refunded after completion of course.
Bharti Vidyapeeth University,
Pune-Satara Road, 411043,
Official Website: http://www.bharatividyapeeth.edu/
Stay tuned to, http://engg.entrancecorner.com/ for more information on BVP CET 2017.