BPCL Recruitment through GATE 2018: Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited (BPCL) is considering GATE 2018 score for recruitment of Management Trainees from the field of Mechanical engineering. Candidates who have applied for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) 2018 can fill the application form of BPCL recruitment through GATE but only those candidates securing the required qualifying marks will be called for further selection stages. BPCL recruitment through GATE is done on the basis of candidates score in GATE 2018 and their performance in further selection stages i.e. personal interview/group discussions. The application process of BPCL 2018 recruitment through GATE will commence from January 5, 2018. The application form of BPCL recruitment via GATE can be filled online only and the last date to apply for BPCL recruitment 2018 is February 2. Applicants will have to fulfil the eligibility conditions as decided by the PSU before filling the application form. According to the eligibility criteria, applicants should be within the age group of 20 – 25 years and should have qualified B.E., B.Tech, B.Sc degree from a recognised university. While applying candidates will also have to enter their GATE 2018 registration number and select the disciplines. Read below for complete details of application process, eligibility criteria, important dates as well as previous year’s cutoffs for BPCL recruitment through GATE 2018.
BPCL Recruitment through GATE 2018 Highlights
- Name of Organisation: Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited
- Vacancy Details: Management Trainees
- Number of Posts: To be notified
- Application Dates: January 5, 2018 – February 2, 2018
- Pay Scale: Rs. 24,900/- (Scale of Pay Rs. 24,900 – Rs. 50,500)
BPCL Recruitment through GATE 2018 Important Dates
BPCL, a Navratna PSU has announced the dates for recruitment of Management Trainees on the basis of GATE 2018 scores. The application form of BPCL GATE 2018 recruitment will be made available on the official website of the PSU on January 5. The last date to submit the BPCL recruitment application form is February 2, 2018. Candidates can check the important dates for BPCL recruitment through GATE 2018 as given in the table below. The dates will be updated as and when notified by BPCL.
BPCL recruitment dates through GATE 2018
|S.No.||BPCL recruitment through GATE 2018 events||Dates|
|1||GATE 2018 Application process start date||August 31, 2017|
|2||Last date to register for GATE 2018||October 9, 2017|
|3||Date for availability of GATE 2018 admit card||January 5, 2018|
|4||GATE 2018 exam date||February 3, 4 10 and 11, 2018|
|5||BPCL Recruitment through GATE 2018 starts on||January 5, 2018|
|6||Last date to fill the application for BPCL recruitment via GATE||February 2, 2018|
BPCL Recruitment through GATE 2018 Eligibility Criteria
BPCL will decide the eligibility conditions for all the applicants participating in the recruitment process. Check the eligibility criteria of BPCL recruitment through GATE 2018 as given below.
Eligibility Criteria of BPCL Mechanical Engineer
Full time, B.E./B.Tech/B.Sc (Engineering) through AICTE/UGC approved Indian Universities / Institutes
Candidates should have passed the degree in first attempt.
Candidates with integrated courses or courses with 5 year or more course duration would not be eligible to apply for the position.
The courses offered by autonomous institutions should be equivalent to the relevant courses approved / recognised by Association of Indian Universities (AIU)/UGC/AICTE
Note: Candidates in the final year of their engineering can also apply provided they fulfil the eligibility conditions in all respects of educational qualification, percentage of marks, age, etc. and if short-listed for interview/s, they have to submit documentary proof of having passed the degree examination with the required percentage of marks.
General Candidates : Maximum 25 years (born on or after 2nd June 1993)
OBC (Non Creamy layer) : Maximum 28 years (Born on or after 02.06.1990)
SC/ST: Maximum 30 years (Born on or after 02.06.1988)
PWDs with degree of disability 40% or above : Age relaxation of up to 10 years. (Born on or after 02.06.1983)
Candidates domiciled in Jammu & Kashmir between 1.1.1980 and 31.12.1989 : Age relaxation of up to 5 years.
Ex-servicemen & Commissioned Officers (including ECOs & SSCOs, subject to rendering minimum 5 years’ military service and fulfilment of other conditions prescribed by Government of India): Age relaxation of up to 5 years.
Percentage of Marks
Candidates belonging to General and OBC (Non- Creamy Layer/NCL) categories should have secured minimum 60% marks in the qualifying degree examination.
The minimum percentage of marks for scheduled caste (SC) / scheduled tribe (ST) /persons with disability (PWD) candidates is 50%.
Candidates in the final year of engineering belonging to General and OBC (NCL) categories should have secured minimum 60% marks( in aggregate up to last semester), relax able to 50% for SC/ST/ PWD candidates.
Percentage of marks would be the aggregate of all semesters irrespective of the norms / system being followed in the institute/university.
Wherever CGPA/OGPA/DGPA or letter grade is awarded, its equivalent percentage of marks must be indicated in the application form as per norms adopted by University / Institute.
Rounding off of percentage would not be allowed.
Myopia & Hypermetropia (vision), if any, should be within permissible limits i.e. (-) 6.00 & (+) 4.00.
Color blindness or squint, partial or full, is not acceptable in any case
Any major medical ailment will debar a candidate from being eligible for the job.
The mentioned medical standards are only indicative and not exhaustive.
How to Apply for BPCL Recruitment through GATE 2018
Candidates who are willing to participate in the BPCL Recruitment through GATE will have to apply and appear for GATE 2018 examination. The application form for GATE 2018 exam was released by IIT Guwahati on August 31 and the last date to apply for the exam is October 9, 2017. The exam will held online on February 3, 4 10 and 11, 2018. Aspirants of BPCL recruitment through GATE will have to apply separately after submitting the GATE 2018 application form.
The application form of BPCL recruitment 2018 via GATE will be made available from January 5, 2018 and the aspirants will be able to apply till February 2, 2018. Applicants will have to provide details of their GATE registration number while filling the application form. The registration number will be mentioned on the GATE 2018 admit card. Candidates will also have to mention their engineering stream/discipline in the application form of BPCL recruitment through GATE 2018.
Stage 1: Filling up GATE 2018 application form
- Graduate Engineers from Mechanical field only will be able to apply for GATE 2018 examination
- The application form of GATE 2018 was released on August 31 and the last date to apply online is October 9, 2017
- After successful submission of application form, download the GATE 2018 admit card before filling the application form of BPCL recruitment
Stage 2: Filling up BPCL Recruitment through GATE 2018 application form
- After downloading the GATE admit card, click on the link that will be provided on this page to apply online for BPCL recruitment through GATE.
- Candidates will require their GATE-2018 registration number for applying to BPCL.
- In the application form of BPCL recruitment through GATE 2018 candidate will have to mention post applied for, email ID and date of birth
- While filling up the application form candidates have to select the qualifying exam, after that they have to enter personal, academic as and professional details
- After completion of the online application form for BPCL, candidates must click on ‘Submit’ button.
- Upon submission of the application form, the system will generate a unique application ID along with the completed application form, which would be emailed to the candidate.
- Candidate should take a print out of completed application, affix his/her recent passport size photograph and sign at the space provided. The same will have to be submitted in case the candidate is shortlisted for further selection process. The passport size photograph affixed by the candidate should be the same as that on the GATE-2018 application form & admit card.
BPCL Recruitment through GATE 2018 Selection Procedure
Candidates participating in BPCL recruitment through GATE 2018 will have to clear 3 stage selection procedure to be shortlisted for appointment. The first stage of the selection criteria is candidates will have to appear and qualify GATE 2018 exam as per the cutoff decided by BPCL those candidates who secure the required qualifying marks will be called for personal interview in order of merit in the ratio of 1:3 to the number of vacancies in each discipline and category. The final merit list will be prepared on the basis of 75% weight age to written test i.e. GATE 2018 score & 25% weight age to interview stage.
BPCL Recruitment 2018 via GATE Selection Process
|S.No||BPCL Selection Process||Parameters|
|1||Shortlisting||GATE 2018 Score|
Group discussions/ Alternate selection methodology/ Personal interviews
|3||Selection||Based on the medical fitness of the candidates in the pre-employment medical examination|
Note: Besides the listed shortlisting modes, at the preliminary level, the management may also conduct Psychometric tests and/or any other selection tools/ tests may also be considered.
BPCL Recruitment through GATE 2018 Cutoff score
BPCL will decide the cutoff scores for candidates participating in BPCL recruitment through GATE 2018. Only those candidates who qualify the GATE 2018 exam by securing marks as per the required cutoff will be called for the second stage of the selection procedure i.e. personal interview/group discussions. The cut off for BPCL recruitment through GATE 2018 will be updated as and when it will be announced. The table given below shows cut off for BPCL recruitment through GATE 2018.
BPCL Recruitment through GATE 2018 Emoluments
- Candidates who will be shortlisted after clearing the selection criteria of BPCL recruitment through GATE will be selected as “Management Trainee” and will be placed in group A.
- They will serve probation period in the company for 1 year.
- The total probation period for the candidates will be one year which can also be extended if the performance is non-satisfactory.
- Candidates who complete their probation period successfully will be placed as an “Executive” in their respective business unit/entity.
- According to the company, the candidates will be posted to any of the BPCL offices across the country.
- The candidates will be provided their work profile.
- Posts in Operations, process, sales and engineering at refineries may be provided. Those candidates who are posted in Operations will be required to work in shifts
Stay with https://engg.entrancecorner.com for latest updates on PSU Recruitment through GATE 2018. For any doubt or queries leave your comment below