BITSAT 2017 Eligibility Criteria are the conditions that each and every candidate aspiring to appear in BITSAT 2017 must satisfy. Candidates who don’t fulfill the prescribed criteria will not be allowed to appear in the examination. Only those candidates who meet the required norms will be granted admission to the desired course in BITS, Pilani. After the final submission of the application form, if any candidate is found to be ineligible, his/ her application will be rejected. Therefore, before filling up the application form, every aspirant must be aware about the set of term and condition required to apply for the exam. Check BITSAT 2017 Eligibility Criteria along with other relevant details from the list mentioned below.
Latest: BITSAT 2017 Application form Available Now
BITSAT 2017 Eligibility Criteria
Every aspirant must fulfill the Eligibility Criteria of BITSAT 2017 given below for admission into the desired engineering course in BITS, Pilani.
- Candidates must pass class XII examination from a recognized Centre or state board or equivalent examination with Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry. They should also have an adequate proficiency in English.
- A minimum aggregate of 75% marks must be secured by the candidates in PCM for being eligible for BITSAT 2017
- Candidates must secure at least 60% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics separately.
- Students who have passed the qualifying examination in the year 2016 or appearing in 2017 are also eligible to apply.
- If a candidate has appeared more than once in the qualifying examination, his/ her latest performance in the exam will be considered.
- Students who have passed in the year 2015 or earlier are not eligible for BITSAT 2017.
- Students currently studying in any of the campus in BITS are not eligible either to apply for the examination.
Direct Admission to Board Toppers
As per the eligibility criteria, toppers in the qualifying examination of the central and state boards across India for the year 2017 will be given direct admission to the desired programme, irrespective of their BITSAT 2017 Score.
All the aspirants fulfilling BITSAT 2017 Eligibility Criteria mentioned above can proceed forward to fill up the Application Form of BITSAT 2017. The application procedure has been made available. To validate the form, candidates will have to pay the application fee either in online or offline mode, as per the candidate’s convenience. The application fee for male candidates is Rs. 2750, Rs. 2250 for female candidates and the US $ 60 for those who will be opting for the centre in Dubai.
In addition to the application for appearing in BITSAT 2017, aspirants will also require applying for admission in BITS, Pilani. After the conclusion of the examination, the prescribed application form for admission will be available online. Candidates who have appeared in BITSAT 2017 have to apply for admission.
BITSAT 2017 Programmes
On the basis of BITSAT 2017, candidates who are eligible for BITSAT 2017 will be granted admission to the following degree courses given below:
- BITS, Pilani , Pilani Campus
B.E.: Manufacturing, Chemical, Computer Science, Civil, Electronics & Instrumentation, Mechanical, Electrical and Electronics.
- BITS, Pilani, Hyderabad Campus
B.E.: Chemical, Manufacturing, Electronics & Instrumentation, Civil, Computer Science, Electronics & Communication, Electrical and Electronics, Mechanical.
- BITS, Pilani , K. K. Birla Goa Campus
B.E.: Chemical, Electrical and Electronics, Electronics & Instrumentation, Mechanical, Computer Science.
For any query regarding BITSAT 2017 Eligibility Criteria, leave a comment below.