BITSAT Eligibility Criteria 2018 – The eligibility criteria of BITSAT 2018 is defined by BITS Pilani. BITSAT eligibility criteria provide details about the norms that candidates need to satisfy to appear in the entrance test and for admission in the institute. As per BITSAT eligibility criteria 2018 candidates must have passed class 12 or equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. Candidates who have passed the qualifying examination in 2017 or appearing in 2016 are eligible for the entrance test. Before applying for BITSAT candidates must make sure that they are eligible for the entrance test. BITSAT 2018 will is a computer-based test to be held in the last week of December in around 47 cities of the country. BITSAT 2018 application form will be released in the last week of December 2017. To get complete information about BITSAT eligibility criteria 2018 read the article given below on this page.
BITSAT Eligibility Criteria 2018
BITS Pilani will offer admission to candidates in various B.Tech courses based on marks obtained by candidates in BITSAT 2018. However, candidates also have to satisfy BITSAT eligibility criteria laid down by the institute for admission in all undergraduate engineering programmes. Candidates can check BITSAT eligibility criteria 2018 below:
Academic qualification– Admission to B.Tech programmes in the campuses of BITS Pilani are subject to the conditions given below:
- Candidates should have passed class 12 or equivalent examination from recognised central or state board or its equivalent examination.
- Candidates must pass class 12 or equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. Also, candidates must have an adequate proficiency in English.
- In the qualifying examination, candidates must have secured a minimum aggregate of 75% in the three subjects taken together. In each subject candidates must have obtained at least 60%.
- Only Students who are appearing for class 12 in 2018 or who have passed in 2017 are eligible to appear in the BITSAT 2018 test.
- Candidates who have appeared in class 12 examination more than one time, only their latest performance will be considered.
- Students who have passed class 12 or equivalent examination in 2016 or earlier are not eligible to appear in BITSAT.
- Also, students who are presently studying in BITS at any of its campuses are not eligible to appear in BITSAT 2018.
BITSAT Eligibility Criteria 2018- Direct Admission
According to BITSAT eligibility criteria, candidates who have secured first rank in the qualifying examination conducted by the central or state board in 2018 will be given direct admission. Candidates will be offered admission to the program of their choice, irrespective of their BITSAT 2018 score as per the eligibility criteria mentioned above.
The application form of BITSAT 2018 will be released in the last week of December. The application procedure will be done completely in the online mode. BITSAT application form involves registration, filling of form, uploading of scanned images, fee payment and print out of duly submitted application form. Candidates will be given around 3 months to apply for BITSAT 2018. After the last date, no application will be accepted by BITS Pilani.
BITSAT Programmes 2018
Admissions at the three campuses of BITS Pilani will be made purely on merit and fulfilment of BITSAT eligibility criteria 2018. The merit position of the candidate for admission will be based on the score obtained by the candidate in the entrance test. The name of programmes offered at BITS Pilani, Hyderabad and Goa are given below in the table:
|Campus name||BITSAT programmes|
|Pilani Campus||Chemical, Civil, Computer Science, Electrical and Electronics, Electronics & Instrumentation, Mechanical, Manufacturing.|
|Hyderabad Campus||Chemical, Civil, Computer Science, Electronics & Communication, Electrical and Electronics, Electronics & Instrumentation, Mechanical, Manufacturing.|
|K. K. Birla Goa Campus||Chemical, Computer Science, Electronics & Communication, Electrical and Electronics, Electronics & Instrumentation, Mechanical.|
About BITSAT 2018
BITSAT 2018 will be conducted by BITS Pilani in May. Eligible candidates have to fill BITSAT application form 2018 and appear in the entrance test. BITSAT will be a computer-based test and candidates have to attempt questions from Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English. Based on the score obtained by candidates in the test they will be offered admission on its three campuses provided they fulfil BITSAT eligibility criteria 2018.
Stay tuned to https://engg.entrancecorner.com/ for latest updates on BITSAT 2018
For any doubt or query Comment below