BITSAT 2017 Counselling – The counselling of BITSAT 2017 is commonly known as Iterations. The result of 1st round of BITSAT 2017 Iteration has been announced by BITs Pilani on July 1, 2017. For participating in BITSAT 2017 counselling, the candidates were required to fill the application form before June 30, 2017. For every iteration, the result will be announced, candidates can check the 1st round of BISAT 2017 counselling result by entering application number (as in BITSAT 2017 hall ticket) and password. Based on cutoff score as prescribed by BITs Pilani i.e. 287 for all candidates and 220 for waitlist candidates for admission in B.Tech courses will be considered for admission. The candidates who reaches the cutoff score will be eligible for admissions to over 2,000 seats in Integrated First Degree Programmes of Engineering and B.E. (Honours) programmes.
Central and state board topper candidates were required to apply separately for admissions under “Direct Admission to Board Toppers” category. Candidates will be called for BITSAT counselling 2017 on the basis of merit rank obtained in online entrance examination. All the candidates who have been allotted seats in the BITs Pilani Campuses must pay their fees before July 10. To know more about the procedure of BITSAT 2017 Counselling, scroll down and read the article below.
For direct admission of Board Toppers for First Rank Students – Click here
BITSAT 2017 Counselling Schedule
The 1st round schedule for admission process has been announced through the announcement of 1st round of Iteration result. Candidates can schedule of BITSAT 2017 Counselling from the table below.
|1.||Filling 12th marks and preferences in application form was available from||May 20 to June 30, 2017|
|1.||Result of BITSAT 2017 Iteration Round 1 declared on||July 01, 2017|
|2.||Last date for payment of fees||July 10, 2017|
|3.||Announcement of result of BITSAT 2017 Iteration 2||2nd week of July 2017|
|3.||Announcement of admission after Iteration 2||2nd week of July 2017|
|4.||Closing date for payment of balance fee by the candidates from the waiting list in iteration 2||4th week of July 2017|
|5.||Admission assignment after Iteration 3||4th week of July 2017|
|6.||Reporting to the campuses for admission||4th week of July 2017|
|7.||Admission after Iteration 4||1st week of August 2017|
|8.||Selected candidates of Iteration 4, reporting to the campuses for admission||1st week of August 2017|
BITSAT Score Analysis of 5 years
|S.No.||BITSAT Score Analysis||2013||2014||2015||2016||2017|
|1||No. of Candidates with score >=400||162||256||246||304||381|
|2||No. of Candidates with score >=350||1316||1926||2097||2319||2773|
|3||No. of Candidates with score >=300||5860||7171||8184||8789||9290|
|4||No. of Candidates with score >=250||17044||19341||21821||22441||23458|
|5||No. of Candidates with score >=225||25617||28720||31882||32565||33633|
Eligibility for BITSAT 2017 admissions
For admission to all the Integrated First Degree Programmes except B.Pharm. candidates should have passed the 12th class examination of 10+2 system from a recognized Central or State board or its equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics and adequate proficiency in English.
BITSAT 2017 Counselling Procedure
There will be four rounds of BITSAT 2017 counselling to be held for admission to B.Tech courses. The counselling of BITSAT 2017 is divided into various steps for filling up the seats into the engineering courses for the session 2017-18.
BITSAT 2017 Counselling Registration
Step 1 – Personal Details.
Step 2 – Educational Details
Step 3 – Filling of Preferences
Candidates whose Class 12th mark sheet were not available, must have taken print out of the fresh application form with the words written on the top – “Original Form submitted. Class XII marks being submitted now”. The fresh application form was to be sent to the institute by such candidates. No additional charges was charged for the fresh application form. The last date to apply for BITSAT 2017 admissions was June 30.
BITSAT 2017 Iteration 1 Result announced– Check here
All the candidates who have registered successfully can view their result of BITSAT 2017 for round I in online mode. Direct admission is also being conducted for Board Toppers. A link to check result of allotted seat has also been provided on this page.
BITSAT 2017 Admission Fees
All the candidates who are allotted seats must pay an amount of Rs 32,300 as an admission fee. The admission fee remains same for three campuses – Pilani, Goa and Hyderabad. Without paying the admission fees along with other subsequent fees candidates are not eligible for admission.
Waiting List after 1st round of BITSAT 2017 Iteration
If the seats are left vacant, the candidates from the waiting list will be called for subsequent rounds of counselling. The waiting list will be announced by BITs Pilani in online mode. The candidates who will secure more than the cutoff i.e. 220 will be selected for second round of BITSAT 2017 counselling. Such candidates have to pay the admission fee.
Eligibility for Direct Admission for Board Toppers
- To be eligible for admission under the ‘Direct admission to Board toppers’ scheme, the candidate should be the topper from the science stream having taken Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics subjects in 12th. To identify the topper, the following criteria will be adopted.
- The topper is the student who fulfills the following criteria:
- The candidates must had taken Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics subjects in 12th class examination and
- They should obtained the highest aggregate percentage of marks in 12th class among all the students who have taken Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics subjects in 2017 from the Board.
- For the purpose of calculating the aggregate percentage, the aggregate marks should include the marks of Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics subjects in addition to other subjects which are required to pass the 12th class examination from the Board under consideration. Further, the Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics subject marks should be included in the aggregate, irrespective of whether the Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics subjects are identified as main/optional/elective in his marksheets
Important Details about BITSAT 2017 Counselling
- The BITSAT Counselling 2017 is a fully computerized process.
- On the basis of merit rank obtained in the BITS Admission Test the Birla Institute of Technology and Science will allocate seats for admission in the three campuses.
- The institute will be allotted to the candidates according to the order of preferences filled by the candidates.
- The computer process has been designed for the allotment of seats to the candidates assigning seats from the first candidate and going down the entire list until all the seats will be filled up.
Stay tuned to, http://engg.entrancecorner.com/ for more information on BITSAT 2017.