Assam CEE 2017 – The Directorate of Technical Education (DTE), Assam, is conducting the counselling of Assam CEE on August 09, 2017. Candidates securing the prescribed marks in the notification released by DTE Assam are eligible to participate in Assam CEE counselling. The first round of Assam counselling was held from July 10 to 15, 2017. Candidates who qualified in the entrance examination are offered admission to various undergraduate engineering programmes at the affiliated colleges in the state of Assam. The candidates must report to the allotted institute after verification and take the admission on the same day by paying an amount of Rs 7450 as admission and Rs 600 as counselling fees. The candidates must bring Form B along with the required documents during the Assam CEE counselling 2017. The result of Assam CEE was declared on June 09 in online mode. The Assam CEE 2017 exam was conducted on June 04 in 9 cities across the state of Assam for admission to around 1200 seats in 6 engineering institutes in Assam. The entire Assam CEE 2017 application process was carried out in the online mode and the last date to apply for the examination was May 05, 2017. The candidates who are shortlisted in the merit list must appear in the Assam CEE counselling 2017 according to their category and merit ranks as given in the table below. All the detailed information of the Assam Combined Entrance Examination (CEE) 2017 regarding the important dates, counselling, seat allotment, merit list are given below in the table.
The counselling of Assam CEE round 2 is being conducted by DTE Assam on August 09, 2017 at Assam Engineering Institutes, Chandmari, Guwahati. For the Counselling process of Assam CEE 2017 to B.Tech courses candidates need to fill up an Admission Form (Form-B) and submit it during the counselling.
Counselling Fees: Candidates have to pay counselling fee of Rs. 600 during interview round. Candidates must make sure they bring the following documents during the Counselling in original for verification along with self-attested photo copies with Form B for submission.
- 10th Admit/Pass Certificate for Age Proof issued by Board/Council
- Admit Card of the Assam CEE 2017
- 10th Mark sheet
- 12th Admit Card
- 12th Mark sheet
- Academic Gap Certificate (if applicable)
- Character Certificate from Head of the Institution last attended.
- 4 (four) copies of recent passport-size photograph.
- Permanent Residence Certificate (PRC) (to be issued by D.C./S.D.O.(Civil) of concerning District/Sub-Division)
- The Caste/Category Certificate as mentioned (If Applicable)
All original certificate and testimonials will have to be produced at the time of the Counseling/Admission. Any documents attached along with this form must also bear the signature of the candidate. The candidate must be present in person at the time of interview.
Assam CEE 2017 Admission Fees: After verification candidates have to pay an amount Rs 7450 as an admission fees by reporting at the allotted institute on the same day of Assam CEE counselling.
- The result of Assam CEE announced on June 09, 2017.
- The candidates can check the result of Assam CEE from the link provided on this page
- The evaluation of the OMR Answer Sheet submitted by candidates during the time of the exam and the processing of results are done with the help of computer. No separate provision for the manual evaluation of the OMR Sheets are made by DTE Assam
The Admit Card of Assam CEE 2017 was released by DTE Assam for download on May 25, 2017. Candidates were required to enter their application number and date of birth to download the Assam CEE hall ticket. Only those candidates who registered successfully for the exam were issued the admit card. The admit card contains the name of the candidate, the examination address, time and date, roll number and other important instructions to be followed by the candidates at the examination hall.
Exam Cities of Assam CEE
The following are the exam centers of Assam CEE 2017
The syllabus for Assam CEE was decided by the authorities. Candidates were to study the given topics in detail to prepare well for the exam. The syllabus was based on class XI and XII/ NCERT books. as prescribed by Assam Government. The link to the Syllabus for Assam CEE 2017 was made available here for Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and students can prepare accordingly for the exam.
To appear the Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics paper candidates should have followed the exam pattern. There were 120 objective type questions. The paper was of 3 hours. Four marks were awarded for every correct response whereas for each incorrect answer, 1 mark was deducted. The total number of questions and marks is given below
|Subjects||Total No. of Questions||Total Marks|
Assam CEE 2017 Sample Papers must be solved by all the candidates who are planning to appear in the Assam Combined Entrance Exam 2017 for taking admission in B.Tech engineering UG program. It is considered to be the best groundwork method once a candidate has completed the syllabus as prescribed. Direct link to download the sample papers for practice would be hosted here for candidate’s convenience.
Benefits of using Assam CEE 2017 Sample Papers:
- It will help the candidates to understand the format aswell as the marking scheme of Assam CEE.
- It will help candidates to note down the important topics from the syllabus.
- It will improve time management skills of the candidates
- It will increase the speed and accuracy level and improving the candidates’ ability to solve questions.
- Candidates will be able to examine their performance, discover their weak points and work on it.
The Answer Key of Assam CEE 2017 was released after completion of the examination. Candidates should compare their answers with that of the answer key to get an idea about their performance in the main examination. The answer key benefits candidates to cross check their answers with of the ones given in the answer key. They can calculate their expected marks and evaluate their performance.
Candidates shall be selected strictly on the basis of merit of the Entrance Examination CEE 2017 to be conducted by DTE, Assam. Candidates can avail the merit list of Assam CEE 2017 by clicking the given link. On the basis of merit list of CEE 2017 candidates will be selected for Admission.
With the release of the result, a fixed cutoff will be set to screen the candidates during the admission process.
- The candidates scoring the marks more than or equal to the cutoff will be registered in the merit list.
- They will be called for counselling process.
- Candidates will be called for counselling as per their result in the Assam CEE exam.
- The candidate with highest marks will get rank 1 whereas the candidate with marks equal to the cutoff will be placed at the bottom of the list.
- There shall be different Cutoff marks for different categories.
State Engineering Colleges of Assam:
|Bineswar Brahma Engineering College, Kokrajhar||120|
|Jorhat Institute of Science & Technology, Jorhat||240|
|Jorhat Engineering College, Jorhat||315|
|Assam Engineering College, Guwahati||420|
Private Engineering Colleges :
|Scholar’s Institute of Technology and Management, Garchuk, Guwahati|
|Assam Down Town University, Guwahati|
|Dibrugarh University Institute of Science & Technology Dibrugarh|
|Gauhati University Institute of Science and Technology jalukbari, Guwahati|
|Don Bosco College Of Engineering & Technology, Airport Road, Guwahati|
|NITS, Mirza, Guwahati|
|Royal School of Engineering & Technology, Guwahati|
|Girijananda Chowdhury Institute of Management and Technology Azara Hatkhowpara Guwahati|
Candidates must make sure that they hold the following eligibility norms for the admission in any of the colleges of Assam:
- The candidate should be an Indian National and also a permanent resident of Assam.
- The Candidate must not be above 21 years or below 17 years of age as on 1st August 2017.
- The upper age limit mentioned above is relaxed to 22 years in case of B.Sc. passed Candidates.
- The upper age limit mentioned relaxed by 3 years for Scheduled Cast and Scheduled Tribe.
- For admission into B.E. Courses the candidate must pass the Qualifying Examination individually in the same sitting without any grace marks in the subject
- They must appear in all the four subjects i.e. Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English together.
- They must pass Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English with a minimum of 50 % (45 % in case of SC and 40 % in case of ST)
- The Candidate must appear in the Entrance Examination ( ASSAM CEE 2017) for admission
The Candidate must hold a good moral character.
Candidates can check the important dates of Assam CEE from the table given below:
|S.No.||Assam CEE 2017 Events||Important Dates|
|1.||Online Application Form will be available from||April 20, 2017|
|2.||Last date to submit the application form||May 05, 2017|
|3.||Admit card issued on||May 25, 2017|
|4.||Assam CEE 2017 Exam||June 04, 2017|
|5.||Assam CEE Result 2017 declared||June 09, 2017|
|6.||Counselling of Assam CEE||4th week of June 2017|
Candidates were required to fill in the application form online. There was no need to submit any documents while filling the application form. Candidates can check the brief steps to fill the application form below.
Step 1) Filling up of Assam CEE 2017 Application Form- Candidates have to enter their personal, academic and contact details. They will also require selecting the exam centre as per their preference. After entering the required details, applicants have to upload scanned images of their recent passport sized photograph and signature. The format of the scanned images is as given below:
|Details||File Size||Dimension||File Format|
|Photograph||100 KB (Max)||200×230 (Weight x height)||JPEG or JPG|
|Signature||100 KB (Max)||140×60 (Weight x height)||JPEG or JPG|
After filling up all the details and uploading the required images, candidates have to click on the ‘submit’ button to save Assam CEE application form 2017.
Step 2) Generating of Assam CEE application number– Once the application form is saved, the application number will be generated. Candidates must note down the number and keep it safely for future reference
Step 3)Payment of Assam CEE 2017 Application Fee– Applicants have to pay Rs. 600 in order to validate the application form. The application fee can be paid through electronic payment gateway or through challan mode at any branch of State Bank of India (SBI).
Salient Features of the Assam CEE 2017 Exam
Exam Name: Assam Combined Entrance Exam (Assam CEE)
Conducted By: Directorate of Technical Education (DTE), Assam
- There are about 1700 seats available through the Assam CEE 2017 exam.
- The CEE 2017 was conducted as per the latest syllabus of Assam Higher Secondary Education Council/NCERT.
- The Candidates should have registered online to fill up the Application Form for Assam CEE 2017
- All candidates must make sure that they fulfil the eligibility criteria for qualifying in the exam.
- The candidates were able to download the Assam CEE 2017 Admit Card online.
- The result will also be announced online.
Directorate of Technical Education: Assam