AP EAMCET 2017 Eligibility Criteria: Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Kakinada will conduct AP EAMCET 2017 for admission into various professional courses offered in various University/Institutes. Students seeking admission in various institutes in the state of Andhra Pradesh must apply for the examination. But, before filling up the application form, candidates must ensure that they are eligible to appear for the entrance test. Only those candidates who will satisfy the Eligibility Criteria of AP EAMCET 2017 will be able to take admission. The norms defined for eligibility includes nationality, age, academic qualification etc. Interested candidates may scroll down to avail details regarding AP EAMCET 2017 Eligibility Criteria given below on this page.
AP EAMCET 2017 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates satisfying the following requirements will be eligible to appear in AP EAMCET 2017:
Nationality: Candidates must be of Indian Nationality or Persons of Indian Origin (PIO)/ Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) Card Holders.
Nativity: Candidates must belong to the state of Andhra Pradesh/ Telangana. The candidates should satisfy Local/Non-local status requirements as laid down in the Andhra Pradesh/ Telangana states.
- Candidates must complete 16 years of age on December 31, 2017. There is no upper age limit.
- Candidates applying for B.Tech in Dairy Technology, B.Tech in Agricultural Engineering, B.Tech in FS & T and B.Sc(CA and BM) must complete 17 years of age as on December 31, 2017. The upper age limit is 22 years for all the candidates except candidates belonging to scheduled caste and scheduled tribe whose upper age limit is 25 years.
Academic Qualification: Candidates must satisfy the following academic requirement to be eligible for the common entrance test:
- Applicants must have passed the final year of Intermediate Examination (10+2) with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry as optional.
- Candidates qualifying in vocational courses in the fields of Engineering and Technology, conducted by the Board of Intermediate Education and Technology are also eligible to apply for the exam.
- The vocational courses must be conducted by the Board of Intermediate Education, Andhra Pradesh/Telangana. Along with bridge course or courses conducted by it for candidates enrolled during the academic year 2001 onwards, or any other examination recognized as equivalent thereto by the Board of intermediate Education, Andhra Pradesh/Telangana.
- Candidates who have qualified the final year of the Diploma examination in Engineering are also eligible to apply for the common entrance test.
- The diploma examination must be conducted by the State Board of Technical Education and Training, Andhra Pradesh/Telangana.
- Candidates qualifying in any other examination recognized as equivalent to the diploma examination by the State Board of Technical Education and Training, Andhra Pradesh/Telangana are eligible.
- Candidates must obtain a minimum aggregate of 45% marks in the subjects mentioned above taken together in the qualifying examination.
- Applicants belonging to Scheduled Tribe and Scheduled Caste must secure at least 40% in the subjects specified taken together in the qualifying examination.
Keep visiting engg.entrancecorner.com for more updates on AP EAMCET 2017