Anna University has opened admissions to Part-Time B.E/B.Tech Self Supporting Degree Programmes for the 2014-15 session. The Degree programmes will be offered to working professionals in the College of Engineering Guindy and Madras Institute of Technology. The programme will be for a duration of three and a half academic years, comprising 7 semesters. Interested candidates can register for the relevant programmes via Anna University’s official website. Details regarding the eligibility for admission, procedure of application, selection procedure etc has been described in detail below.
Important Dates for Anna University Admission 2014-15:
- Opening of online window for download of Application Forms: 3 November, 2014.
- Closing of online window for download of Application Forms: 22 November, 2014.
- Last Date for receipt of Filled-in Application Forms: 28 November, 2014 till 5:45 p.m.
Anna University lays down the following eligibility specifics for admission of candidates:
- Candidates should have passed the Qualifying Diploma examination in Engineering/ Technology in the relevant branch of specialization conducted by the State Board of Technical Education, Tamil Nadu or any other state or an equivalent examination that is recognized by Anna University.
- Candidates should have passed the qualifying examination before 28 November, 2012.
- Anna University also lays down an additional eligibility clause that the candidate’s workplace should be located within 90 km from the college to which he/she is seeking admission, so that the candidate can attend classes regularly.
Reservation of Seats:
Reservation of seats to the Degree Programmes of Anna University will be done as per the rules of communal reservation of the Government of Tamil Nadu. Only candidates belonging to Tamil Nadu will be eligible for communal reservation. Differently abled persons will be eligible for 3% reservation of seats.
Application Form for Anna University Admission 2014-15:
Candidates can download the application forms for self supporting degree programmes of Anna University from Anna University’s official website. The filled in application forms along with the required enclosures and a DD for Rs.600 (Rs.300 in case of SC/ST/SCA candidates belonging to Tamil Nadu), drawn in favor of the “Director (Admissions), Anna University”, payable at Chennai should be send to the following address:
Center for Admissions,
Anna University, Chennai -25
Candidates should also enclose a present employer certificate along with their application form. Applications that are send in without this certificate, will be rejected.
Anna University Admissions 2014-15 Selection Procedure:
Anna University will prepare a rank list for candidates on the basis of the candidate’s marks in the Qualifying examination and relevant work experience. 75% weightage will be given to the marks obtained by the candidate in the qualifying examination and 25% weightage will be given to a candidate’s work experience. In case two candidates’ secure the same marks in the common rank list, the inter-se rank among these candidates will be determined(in order of priority) in the following manner:
- Total years of work experience
- Total marks obtained in the Qualifying Diploma Examination
- Date of Birth (the senior candidate will be placed above).
Counseling for Anna University Admissions 2014-15:
Counseling will be conducted for allotment of college and branch to candidates, as per their rank and criteria of communal reservation. The counseling schedule will be posted by Anna University on its official website. Candidates’ will also be informed of the date and time of counseling through individual call letters. Candidates should bring their original certificates along when they come for the counseling session.