AMUEEE 2017 Merit List – The merit list of AMUEEE 2017 will be released by Aligarh Muslim University tentatively in the 1st week of June, 2017. The authority will publish the merit list online, on the basis of scores obtained by candidate. The Merit List of AMUEEE 2017 will be in PDF file, which will comprise of rank and marks secured by candidates in entrance examination. The rank of the candidates will be calculated as per the scores secured by the candidate. AMU will prepare five separate merit list for the different criteria candidates – total general merit list, select list – general, select list – internal, chance memo list/waiting list, nomination categories list. The list will be published for the candidates who will appear and qualify in AMUEEE 2017 entrance examination for the admission into various engineering courses offered by the university. No announcement letter will be sent to the candidates by post. Go through the article AMUEEE 2017 Merit List for more details on merit list of AMU.
AMUEEE 2017 Merit List
Five AMUEEE Merit List will be prepared by the conducting authority, which is as follows:
- Total General Merit List – It is the AMUEEE 2017 Rank List of candidates belonging to all the categories determined on the basis of marks obtained by the candidates in various sections of the test. This list will be sorted on Roll Numbers of the candidates and will also display the time, date and venue of admission.
- Select List – General – This list will include the names of a candidate who will get selected on General Merit. 40% of the seats will be filled by the candidates as per the merit from Total General Merit List.
- Select List – Internal – This AMUEEE Merit List 2017 will consist of 40% of the candidates selected on Internal Merit, who will not be selected under General Merit as per the merit list of from the Total General Merit List.
- Chance Memo List/Waiting List – Only a single chance Memo List will be prepared. It is mandatory for the university to issue a number of Chance Memos to ensure that all the vacant seats will be filled and no other list will be required. The date, time and venue of reporting and date, time and venue of admission will be indicated in this Merit List of AMUEEE 2017.
- Nomination Categories List – The Vice-Chancellor will nominate and prepare the Merit List of AMUEEE 2017 of each nomination categories except General and Internal category candidates. After the nomination by Vice-Chancellor, the list will be prepared along with the other list. A single list of nominated candidate in special categories will be included in this list with an adequate number of chance memos and will be sorted on Roll Numbers.
Note: A candidate securing marks less than 10% marks in the admission test will not be eligible for admission and will not be considered in Select List or Chance Memo List.
Tie Breaker Mechanism
In case, the rank of two or more candidates will be equal, the university will follow the Inter-Se Merit or Tie-Breaking method to resolve the issue in following ways.
- First preference will be given to the elder candidate than the younger one in terms of age.
- If the tie still exists, the candidate senior in age who will attempt fewer questions in the test will be given preference.
Special Categories under Nomination Category List
In the nomination category list, the special category and their codes, which will be included in the table are given below.
|S. No.||Special Category||Code|
|4.||Children of University Employees||CE|
|5.||Children of Alumni||CA|
|6.||Children of Central Government Employees||CG|
|7.||Candidates belongs to Distant States/Union Territory||DS|
|9.||Children of Armed Forces died in Combat||CF|
Note: The candidates under CE category includes the students of retired candidates and those who died while working.
Stay updated from, http://engg.entrancecorner.com/ for the latest news and notifications on AMUEEE 2017.