The AMU engineering entrance exam eligibility criteria is a pre-defined benchmark which a candidate must fulfill to get admission in UG engineering courses offered by the Aligarh Muslim University. The AMU Eligibility Criteria is as given below.
AMU Eligibility Criteria 2016
AMU 2016 Engineering Eligibility Criteria for Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech.):
- Candidates must have passed 10+2 form a recognized university.
- Candidate must have scored at least 50% marks in their qualifying exam.
- Candidate should have passed their qualified exam with physics, chemistry, and mathematics.
- If candidate does not posses certificate of qualifying exam then he/she must have a Diploma in engineering from AMU
- In the above mentioned Diploma candidate should have scored at least 50% marks.
AMU Engineering Eligibility Criteria for Bachelor of Engineering (B.E., Evening):
- Candidate must have passed his/her qualifying exam for a recognized university and should have acquired equivalent or more than 50% marks in it.
- OR candidate should have a Diploma in engineering, in relevant branch, from AMU.
- In Diploma candidate should have scored 50% marks.
AMU 2016 Eligibility Criteria – Points to Note
- Candidates should fulfill all the eligibility criteria otherwise they will be dismissed from the admission process.
- If candidates qualifying the written examination but not fulfilling the eligibility criteria will be disqualified.
- If a candidate fails in their qualifying exam but qualifies AMUEEE, they will be not be considered to grant admission in AMU.
- If the board of qualifying exam is not recognized by AMU, the candidate will be declared as in ineligible.
- Candidates who will be waiting for their Compartmental/Supplementary/Improvement result do not fall under AMUEEE eligibility criteria 2016.
Candidates are advised to check the eligibility criteria thoroughly before applying for AMUEEE 2016. If the payment of application fee is made and then candidate realize that they do not fulfill the laid down eligibility criteria of AMU. Their application fee will not be reimbursed, irrespective of whether they give the exam or not.