AEEE Exam Pattern 2018 – The exam pattern of AEEE 2018 is defined by Amrita University. AEEE exam pattern 2018 consist details about various aspects of the entrance test such as exam mode, sections, number of questions, total marks, marking scheme etc. As per AEEE exam pattern, Amrita University will conduct the entrance test in offline as well as computer based test mode. However, students can appear in only one of the two modes as per their choice. Candidates have to attempt 100 multiple choice questions from three sections namely, Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry. AEEE exam pattern for both the mode of exam is similar. According to AEEE exam pattern 2018, three marks will be awarded for every correct response while one mark will be deducted for each incorrect answer. The total duration of the test will be 2 hours 30 minutes. It is important for candidates appearing for the entrance exam to be well acquainted with the exam pattern of AEEE. To get complete information about AEEE exam pattern 2018 read the article given below on this page.
AEEE Exam Pattern 2018 – Overview
The overview of AEEE 2018 exam pattern as prescribed by Amrita University is given below:
|S.No.||Particulars||AEEE exam pattern 2018|
|1.||Exam mode||Computer Based Test (CBT) mode and Pen & Paper Based Test (P&P) mode|
|4.||Type of questions||Multiple choice questions|
|5.||Total number of questions||100|
|7.||Marking scheme||Correct response- +3
Incorrect response- -1
|8.||Duration||2 hours 30 minutes|
AEEE Exam Pattern 2018- In detail
The computer based test as well as the pen and paper test mode of AEEE will be conducted by Amrita University in various cities of the country. Candidates must go through AEEE exam pattern given below to have a clear understanding of the structure of the question paper.
AEEE Exam Pattern 2018- Examination mode
AEEE 2018 will be conducted in two different modes- Computer Based Test (CBT) mode and Pen and Paper Based Test (P&P) mode. Candidates can appear in either of the modes as per their choice. Candidates have to select their preference of exam mode at the time of filling AEEE 2018 application form.
- CBT mode – In the CBT mode candidates have to sit in front of a computer which is connected to a server. All the questions are displayed on the computer monitor and candidates have to answer the questions on the computer through the use of keyboard or mouse.
- P&P Test – The p&p mode is a traditional test in which printed question booklets are distributed to the candidates. Students have to mark their answers in the printed OMR answer sheets.
AEEE Exam Pattern 2018- Exam Duration
The duration for both the test modes is 2 hours and 30 minutes. Candidates have to complete the paper within the given period of time. No student will be allowed to leave the examination hall before the end of the examination.
AEEE Exam Pattern 2018- Number of sections
The entrance examination will have one question paper containing questions from the following three subjects:
AEEE Exam Pattern 2018- Type of questions
As per AEEE exam pattern 2018, all the subjects of the question paper will have objective type multiple choice questions. Each question will have four options out of which only one choice will be correct.
AEEE Exam Pattern 2018- Distribution of question and marks
Candidates have to attempt a total number of 100 questions with total marks 300. The subject wise distribution of questions and marks is given below in the table:
AEEE exam pattern 2018 – Question and marks distribution
|S.No.||Subjects||No. of questions||Marks distribution|
AEEE Exam Pattern 2018- Marking Scheme
Candidates can check the marking scheme of the entrance test as defined in AEEE exam pattern below:
|S.No.||Particulars||AEEE marking scheme|
|1.||Correct response||For every correct answer, candidates will be awarded 3 marks.|
|2.||Incorrect response||For every incorrect answer, 1 mark will be deducted.|
|3.||No response||If no response is indicated for a particular question, no mark will be awarded or deducted.|
|4.||More than one answer||If candidates give more than one response to a particular question, it will be treated as ‘incorrect answer’ and 1 mark will be deducted.|
AEEE 2018- Exam Guidelines
According to AEEE exam pattern 2018, the CBT mode of exam will be held on multiple dates and slots. While the offline test will be a single day examination. Amrita University has laid some important rules that candidates have to follow during the examination. The exam guidelines of AEEE 2018 are listed below:
- Reporting at AEEE Exam Centre: Candidates must report at AEEE exam centre 45 minutes prior to the commencement of the examination.
- Banned items: Candidates must ensure not to carry any electronic devices as mobiles, cellular phones, pagers, blue tooth devices, printed or written bits of paper, Mathematical and Physical Tablet etc. to the examination hall.
- Items to be carried to exam centre: It is mandatory for each and every candidate to carry AEEE admit card along with a valid identity proof to the exam centre for verification purpose. Candidates must also bring black ball point pen, HB pencils, pencil sharpener and eraser.
- Rough sheet– For working purpose, three sheets will be provided for rough work and no additional material will be given. These sheets must be returned after completion of exam to the invigilator
- Code of Conduct: During the examination, candidates must follow all the rules and regulations defined by the examination authority. If any candidate is found to be involved in any kind of malpractice the test administrator has the authority to dismiss him/her from the test.
About AEEE 2018
Amrita engineering entrance exam (AEEE) is conducted in two separate modes, namely Computer Based Test (CBT) mode and Pen & Paper Based Test (P&P) mode. AEEE 2018 will be administered by Amrita University and it will be held in 114 cities of the country. On the basis of AEEE rank list candidates will be shortlisted for the counselling and seat allotment process. Every year over 1 lakh students appears in the entrance test. Through AEEE 2018, candidates are offered admission in various engineering courses offered at the four campuses of Amrita school of engineering located in Coimbatore, Amritapuri, Chennai and Bengaluru.
Stay tuned to https://engg.entrancecorner.com/ for latest updates on AEEE 2018
For any doubt or query – Comment below