WBJEE 2017 – The WBJEE 2017 was conducted by West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination on April 23. The conducting authority has released the 1st round of seat allotment result on June 23. Candidates have to report at the RCs from June 24 to July 01 for document verification and completion of admission procedure. The online registration for counselling process commenced from June 12 to 19, 2017. Candidates who were qualified in WBJEE 2017 were eligible to participate in WBJEE counselling 2017. The counselling process is held in 03 rounds. The result of WBJEE for all the candidates who appeared in WBJEE 2017 has been announced on June 05. The qualified candidates of WBJEE will be granted admission to around 36, 000 seats in 104 participating institutes of West Bengal. For more information on WBJEE 2017 counselling procedure, important dates, read the article below.
Latest: WBJEE 2017 Seat Allotment Result Round 1 – Click here
WBJEE 2017 Counselling – Click here
The first round result of WBJEE seat allotment has been released by WBJEE Board in online mode. Seat Allotment is done in three rounds through online counselling. In the seat allotment result, candidates can view their seat allotment result and pay the seat acceptance fee, institute wise seat allotment, opening and closing rank. Candidates can view their first round of seat allotment by entering registration number, roll Number and password. Candidates will be allotted seats in the order of merit and on the basis of the choice filled by them. Candidates have to report at the reporting centre in person to complete the admission formalities.
- Registration for WBJEE counselling 2017 was open from June 12 to 19, 2017
- Candidates were to fill in their choices latest by June 20, 2017.
- WBJEE counselling si being held in three rounds.
- After the registration was successful, candidates required to pay the registration fee of Rs 500 through Debit/Credit card or e- challan of Allahabad Bank.
- After the payment of registration fee, candidates were allowed to fill the choices.
- The result of seat allotment has been announced on June 23, 2017.
- The result of 2nd and 3rd round of seat allotment will be declared July 04 and July 12, respectively.
- WBJEE 2017 result was declared on June 05, 2017
- The result was declared online and no hard copy of the result was issued to the candidates.
- Candidates were required to login with their WBJEE 2017 application number and password to view their result.
- Candidates were advised to take a print out of the result and keep it safe for future reference.
The Important Dates of WBJEE 2017 will allow the aspirants to track important events of the examination. Candidates can check the dates for availability of application form, issuing of admit card, WBJEE examination date and other important dates below in the table.
|1.||Information bulletin is available from||December 28, 2016|
|2.||Start of Online Application form fill-up||January 5, 2017|
|3.||Last date of filling up of application form and registration and payment of fees||February 4, 2017|
|4.||Image correction window is available||February 6 to 20, 2017|
|5.||WBJEE admit card available for download from||April 10, 2017|
|6.||WBJEE 2017 was held on||April 23, 2017
11:00 a.m. to 1.00 p.m.
2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
|7.||WBJEE 2017 OMR Sheets available||May 16, 2017|
|8.||WBJEE 2017 Model Answer Key released on||May 18, 2017|
|9.||Declaration of Result||June 5, 2017|
|WBJEE 2017 Counselling|
|10.||Online Registration starts||June 12 to 19, 2017|
|11.||Choice Filling||June 12 to 20, 2017|
|12.||Result of round-I seat allotment||June 23, 2017|
Use Careers360 WBJEE College predictor to predict your College
The Answer Key of WBJEE 2017 by West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board (WBJEEB) was released on May 18. Candidates were able to use the Answer key to calculate their expected score. By cross checking with the answer key, candidates can compare their answers and analyse their performance. They have calculated their expected marks and analysed their performance. Therefore, candidates must have ensured to download the answer key to get check their expected score.
WBJEE 2017 Rank List
The Rank List for WBJEE 2017 will be released in the 3rd week of June 2017, tentatively. The rank list will have the scores of the qualified candidates in descending order. If two or more candidates score the same rank, the following resolution will be taken into consideration to break the tie:
- Less negative marks in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry taken together.
- More positive marks in Mathematics and Physics taken together.
- More positive marks in Mathematics and Chemistry taken together.
- Less negative marks in Mathematics and Physics taken together.
- Less negative marks in Mathematics and Chemistry taken together.
- More positive marks in Mathematics for only the 2 marks questions.
- More positive marks in Physics for only the 2 marks questions.
- More positive marks in Chemistry for only the 2 marks questions.
- Less negative marks in Mathematics for only the 2 marks questions.
- Less negative marks in Physics for only the 2 marks questions.
- If the tie still exists, the date of birth of the candidates will be taken into consideration. The older candidate will be given the higher rank.
The cutoff of WBJEE 2017 is the closing rank to be announced by the Participating Institutes of WBJEE 2017. The candidates who meet the cutoff set by the participating Institutes will be able to take admission to their desired courses and Institution. The cutoff will vary across institutions. The cutoff will be calculated on the basis of availability of seats, difficulty level of exam, total no. of students appearing in the exam etc.
- The Admit Card of WBJEE 2017 was released on April 10, 2017.
- Candidates had to enter their application number and password to download the admit card.
- Candidates had cross-checked all the details mentioned in the admit card
- Applicants were needed to take a print out of the admit card and keep it safe
- Candidates without the admit card were not be allowed to sit in the examination
WB Joint Entrance Examination (WBJEE) was held in various districts of West Bengal and in two other states. Candidates were required choosing 3 exam centres in decreasing order of their preference at the time of filling up the application form. Candidates have cross-checked the name of the districts and states of WBJEE 2017 Exam Centres in the table given below:
|19.||24 pgs North|
|20.||24 pgs south|
The Exam Pattern of WBJEE 2017 was helpful for the candidates to get an understanding of the question pattern, scheme of marks and other important details. The WBJEE Exam pattern helped the candidates for preparation for the examination in a more effective way. The Exam Pattern of WBJEE 2017 is given in the table below
|Type of Question||Multiple Choice Question|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Duration||2 hours for Chemistry + Physics 2 hours for Mathematics|
|Subjects||Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics|
|Total no. of Questions||Physics- 40 Chemistry- 40 Mathematics- 75|
|Total no. of marks||Physics + Chemistry – 100 Mathematics- 100|
|Marking scheme||Q Category 1: Candidates will be awarded one mark for correct answer. ¼ marks will be deducted for incorrect answer for combination of more than one option. Q Category 2: Candidates will be awarded 2 marks for correct answer. ½ marks will be deducted for incorrect answer. Q Category 3: Candidates will be awarded 2 marks for correct answers; no marks will be deducted for incorrect answer.|
Category of questions
|Subject||Question Category 1||Question Category 2||Question Category 3|
|Physics + Chemistry||30×1 marks + 30×1 marks||5×2 marks + 5×2 marks||5×2 marks + 5×2 marks|
|Mathematics||50X1 mark||15×2 marks||10×2 marks|
Events related to WBJEE 2017 Application Form given below:
WBJEE 2017 Application Form Correction window – The WBJEE Board has made operational the correction facility online from February 6, 2017. All candidates who want to correct the particulars including image correction in the application form can avail the facility from the link provided on this page. However, the details must be corrected within the time period since no correction can be made thereafter.
Particulars that can be corrected in WBJEE 2017 Application Form Correction Window
If any applicant has received an SMS alert or email regarding modifications in the uploaded images or any other detail entered in the application form must correct the details within one day. All other candidates can correct details such as educational, communication details, personal details etc.
Particulars that cannot be corrected in the WBJEE 2017 Application Form Correction Window
It must be noted that the candidates cannot correct the following particulars:
Date of Birth of the candidates
The Application Form of WBJEE 2017 was available from January 05 to 04, 2017. Though the last date to submit the application form is over but the candidates may still check the process of it, from below.
The application from of WBJEE 2017 was only available online. In order to submit the application form, the candidates were first required to click on the link on this page and then follows the steps below:
- Click on ‘Apply’ button.
- Read all the mentioned instructions.
- Access the ‘Click here to Proceed’ button.
After this, the WBJEE Application Form was displayed. The candidates were required to furnish the following details in it:
- Personal Information
- WBJEE 2017 Course and Exam City Details
- Education Details
- Communication Details
- Choosing a Password – The candidates were to choose a password as such that it should contain at least one numeric value, one upper and lower case in alphabets, and one special character (#@^$). Candidates must also ensure that the Password must be between 8 to 13 character long.
- Entering the displayed security pin.
Once the form is filled and submitted the candidate had to upload the photograph, signature, and thumb impression. Following it, the application fee was to be submitted. The Application Fee for WBJEE 2017 is Rs. 500. Candidates can either submit it via Allahabad Bank e-challan or through Online Payment Gateway.
The Participating Institutes of WBJEE grant admission to students on the basis of their performance in WBJEE 2017. The Participating Institutes includes various Universities, Govt. colleges, and Self-financed Institutions and Minority Institutes of West Bengal. There are around 104 Participating Colleges which provide admission to undergraduate engineering courses. The total no. of seats available is around 36,000.
Check the top 10 Participating Institutes below:
|S no.||Name of Institutes|
|1||Jadavpur University, Kolkata|
|2||Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology, Salt Lake|
|3||University Institute of Technology, Burdwan University, Burdwan|
|4||University of Calcutta|
|5||University of Kalyani- Science Instrumentation Centre, Kalyani|
|6||Government College of Engineering and leather technology, Salt Lake|
|7||Government College of Engineering and Textile Technology, Serampur|
|8||Jalpaiguri Government Engineering College|
|9||Kalyani Government Engineering College|
|10||Coochbehar Government Engineering College|
All the candidates should fulfil the specified eligibility criteria to apply for West Bengal JEE 2017. Candidates who do not fulfill the eligibility criteria will not be granted admission under any circumstances. Therefore, before applying for the examination candidates should have complete understanding of the eligibility criteria. Candidates can check the WBJEE 2017 Eligibility Criteria in the table given below:
There is no maximum age limit. However, a candidate should be at least 16 years old, as on December 31, 2017.
However, for admission to the degree level Marine Engineering Course. The lower age limit is 16 (seventeen) years as on December 31, 2017, and the upper age limit is 25 Years as on December 31, 2017.
|Domicile||Candidates must have domicile of West Bengal|
WBJEE 2017 Reservation of Seats
Certain no. of seats is reserved for candidates on the basis of their category. Candidates who belong to SC/ ST/ OBC- A/ OBC- B/ PwD categories and also a domicile of West Bengal will be allotted seats under reservation by the Participating Institutes. Candidates can check the rules of reservation applicable in various institutes in the table given below:
|Nature of Institution||Reservation Rules|
|University||Concerned University Act/ Rules.|
|Government Colleges||Reservation Rules of Government of West Bengal|
|Self-financed colleges||As notified by concerned Institution Authority.|
Note: 10% of the seats will be reserved for admission to candidates based on the merit list of JEE Main 2017.
The syllabus of WBJEE 2017 consisted of units from Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. Candidates have checked the subject-wise syllabus and prepare accordingly for the examination. The Syllabus for WBJEE 2017 is given in the table below.
|Physics||Physical World, Measurements, Units & dimensions, Kinetics, Law of motion, Motion of centre of mass, connected systems, Friction, Gravitation, Bulk properties of matter, Viscosity, Thermodynamics, Kinetic theory of gases, Oscillations and waves, Electrostatics, Current electricity, Magnetic effect of current, Magnetics, Electromagnetic induction & alternating current, Electromagnetic waves, Optics I (Ray optics), Optic II (Wave optics)|
|Chemistry||Atoms, Molecules and Chemical Arithmetic, Atomic Structure, Radioactivity and Nuclear Chemistry, The Periodic Table and Chemical Families, Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure, Coordination Compounds, Solid State, Liquid State, Gaseous State, Chemical Energetics and Chemical Dynamics, Physical Chemistry of Solutions, Chemistry of Non-Metallic Elements and their Compounds, Chemistry of Metals, Chemistry in industry, surface Chemistry, Environmental Chemistry, Application Oriented chemistry, Chemistry of Carbon Compounds|
|Mathematics||Algebra, Trigonometry, Coordinate geometry for two dimensions, Coordinate geometry for three dimensions, Calculus,|
Candidates have practiced WBJEE 2017 sample papers to score better in the examination. The Sample Papers have many advantages and candidates have used this tool to prepare for the examination in a more productive way. Regular practice of sample papers helped candidates to figure out their strength and weakness. Candidates were able to analyse their level of preparation. They were also able to calculate the time they should devote to solve each question. By getting a prior experience of the examination, candidates would have felt confident on the examination. Candidates, thus, should download WBJEE 2017 Sample Papers and keep practicing it to score well in the examination.
- WBJEEB had released a notification clarifying that the lower limit of the Date of Birth mentioned in the Information Brochure was incorrect. Earlier it was stated that candidates born on or after 01.01.2000 are not eligible to appear in the exam. However, now the Board has corrected it and has notified that students born on or after 01.01.2001 are not eligible to appear in WBJEE 2017.
- For the academic year 2017-18 candidates need to upload their Photograph, Signature and Thumb Impression only. If any candidate receives an SMS/Email regarding discrepancies in their Photograph, Signature and LTI it must be corrected within one day.
- The dimension of Photograph and Signature has been changed. The photograph must be 10 to 100 kb and signature must be 3 to 30 kb.
- During the application form correction, candidates cannot change their Registration details such as Candidate’s Name, Father’s Name, Mother’s Name and Date of Birth. Other information can be corrected.
West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board
AQ-13/1, Sector-V, Salt Lake City, Kolkata- 700 091.
Examination Helpdesk:-1800-3450-050, 03323671149, 59, 99.
Phone :(033) 23671198/1199/1159/1148
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Official Website: http://wbjeeb.nic.in/