WBJEE 2017 will be held on April 23, 2017. The WBJEEB will conduct the entrance examination in offline mode, in the 22 centres, in the state and the nearby areas. The facility to apply for WBJEE ended on February 04, 2017. Candidates, who submitted the application form and fee in the prescribed format will be able to make corrects in the form now. The correction facility for uploaded images has been extended until February 20, 2017 (5:00 pm). This is a one-time opportunity, which the candidates must avail. As the Admit Card of WBJEE will only be issued against those applications, which will be submitted successfully. When the Application Correction Window will open, the link to access it will be provided on this page. Read the article further to check the WBJEE 2017 correction process, eligibility criteria, exam pattern, syllabus, exam centres, schedule of exam and more details.
Latest: WBJEE 2017 Application Form Correction Facility Started!
WBJEE Board has made correction in the Date of Birth criteria – Check Here
- WBJEEB has released a notification clarifying that the lower limit of the Date of Birth mentioned in the Information Brochure was incorrect. Earlier it was stated that candidates born on or after 01.01.2000 are not eligible to appear in the exam. However, now the Board has corrected it and has notified that students born on or after 01.01.2001 are not eligible to appear in WBJEE 2017.
- For the academic year 2017-18 candidates need to upload their Photograph, Signature and Thumb Impression only. If any candidate receives an SMS/Email regarding discrepancies in their Photograph, Signature and LTI it must be corrected within one day.
- The dimension of Photograph and Signature has been changed. The photograph must be 10 to 100 kb and signature must be 3 to 30 kb.
- During the application form correction, candidates cannot change their Registration details such as Candidate’s Name, Father’s Name, Mother’s Name and Date of Birth. Other information can be corrected.
- The exam is officially called as WBJEEM as it is common for engineering and medical aspirants of West Bengal.
- There are in total 104 Participating colleges of WBJEE 2017, which offers around 36,000.
- The examination will be held across 20 districts of West Bengal and in the states of Assam and Tripura.
- The exam will be held in offline mode. Candidates should ensure to carry their admit card along with them to the examination centre.
- The Rank list will be released after the result is announced. The rank list will have the score of the candidates in descending order.
The Important Dates of WBJEE 2017 will allow the aspirants to track important events of the examination. Candidates can check the dates for availability of application form, issuing of admit card, WBJEE examination date and other important dates below in the table.
|S no.||Event||Important Dates|
|1||Information bulletin is available from||December 28, 2016|
|2||Start of Online application form fill-up||January 5, 2017|
|3||Last date of filling up of application form and registration and payment of fees||February 4, 2017|
|4||Image correction window is available||February 6 to 20, 2017|
|5||Availability of Admit card for download||April 12, 2017 (tentative)|
|6||WBJEE 2017 to be held on||April 23, 2017
11:00 a.m. to 1.00 p.m.
2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
|7||Declaration of Result||June 5, 2017|
Events related to WBJEE 2017 Application Form given below:
WBJEE 2017 Application Form Correction window – The WBJEE Board has made operational the correction facility online from February 6, 2017. All candidates who want to correct the particulars including image correction in the application form can avail the facility from the link provided on this page. However, the details must be corrected within the time period since no correction can be made thereafter.
Particulars that can be corrected in WBJEE 2017 Application Form Correction Window
If any applicant has received an SMS alert or email regarding modifications in the uploaded images or any other detail entered in the application form must correct the details within one day. All other candidates can correct details such as educational, communication details, personal details etc.
Particulars that cannot be corrected in the WBJEE 2017 Application Form Correction Window
It must be noted that the candidates cannot correct the following particulars:
Date of Birth of the candidates
The Application Form of WBJEE 2017 was available from January 05 to 04, 2017. Though the last date to submit the application form is over but the candidates may still check the process of it, from below.
The application from of WBJEE 2017 was only available online. In order to submit the application form, the candidates were first required to click on the link on this page and then follows the steps below:
- Click on ‘Apply’ button.
- Read all the mentioned instructions.
- Access the ‘Click here to Proceed’ button.
After this, the WBJEE Application Form was displayed. The candidates were required to furnish the following details in it:
- Personal Information
- WBJEE 2017 Course and Exam City Details
- Education Details
- Communication Details
- Choosing a Password – The candidates were to choose a password as such that it should contain at least one numeric value, one upper and lower case in alphabets, and one special character (#@^$). Candidates must also ensure that the Password must be between 8 to 13 character long.
- Entering the displayed security pin.
Once the form is filled and submitted the candidate had to upload the photograph, signature, and thumb impression. Following it, the application fee was to be submitted. The Application Fee for WBJEE 2017 is Rs. 500. Candidates can either submit it via Allahabad Bank e-challan or through Online Payment Gateway.
WBJEE 2017 Participating Institutes
The Participating Institutes of WBJEE grant admission to students on the basis of their performance in WBJEE 2017. The Participating Institutes includes various Universities, Govt. colleges, and Self-financed Institutions and Minority Institutes of West Bengal. There are around 104 Participating Colleges which provide admission to undergraduate engineering courses. The total no. of seats available is around 36,000.
Check the top 10 Participating Institutes below:
|S no.||Name of Institutes|
|1||Jadavpur University, Kolkata|
|2||Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology, Salt Lake|
|3||University Institute of Technology, Burdwan University, Burdwan|
|4||University of Calcutta|
|5||University of Kalyani- Science Instrumentation Centre, Kalyani|
|6||Government College of Engineering and leather technology, Salt Lake|
|7||Government College of Engineering and Textile Technology, Serampur|
|8||Jalpaiguri Government Engineering College|
|9||Kalyani Government Engineering College|
|10||Coochbehar Government Engineering College|
All the candidates should fulfill the specified eligibility criteria to apply for West Bengal JEE 2017. Candidates who do not fulfill the eligibility criteria will not be granted admission under any circumstances. Therefore, before applying for the examination candidates should have complete understanding of the eligibility criteria. Candidates can check the WBJEE 2017 Eligibility Criteria in the table given below:
There is no maximum age limit. However, a candidate should be at least 16 years old, as on December 31, 2017.
However, for admission to the degree level Marine Engineering Course. The lower age limit is 16 (seventeen) years as on December 31, 2017, and the upper age limit is 25 Years as on December 31, 2017.
|Domicile||Candidates must have domicile of West Bengal|
WBJEE 2017 Reservation of Seats
Certain no. of seats is reserved for candidates on the basis of their category. Candidates who belong to SC/ ST/ OBC- A/ OBC- B/ PwD categories and also a domicile of West Bengal will be allotted seats under reservation by the Participating Institutes. Candidates can check the rules of reservation applicable in various institutes in the table given below:
|Nature of Institution||Reservation Rules|
|University||Concerned University Act/ Rules.|
|Government Colleges||Reservation Rules of Government of West Bengal|
|Self-financed colleges||As notified by concerned Institution Authority.|
Note: 10% of the seats will be reserved for admission to candidates based on the merit list of JEE Main 2017.
WBJEE 2017 Exam Cities
WB Joint Entrance Examination 2017 will be held in various districts of West Bengal and in two other states. Candidates will require choosing 3 exam centres in decreasing order of their preference at the time of filling up the application form. Candidates can check the name of the districts and states of WBJEE 2017 Exam Centres in the table given below:
|19.||24 pgs North|
|20.||24 pgs south|
- The Admit Card of WBJEE 2017 will be available for download from April 12, 2017, tentatively.
- Candidates will require to enter their application no. and password to download the admit card.
- Candidates should ensure to go through all the details mentioned in the admit card.
- Candidates need to take a print out of the admit card and keep it safe.
- Candidates without the admit card will not be allowed to sit in the examination.
The syllabus of WBJEE 2017 consist units from Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. Candidates can check the subject wise syllabus and prepare accordingly for the examination. The Syllabus for WBJEE 2017 is given in the table below.
|Physics||Physical World, Measurements, Units & dimensions, Kinetics, Law of motion, Motion of centre of mass, connected systems, Friction, Gravitation, Bulk properties of matter, Viscosity, Thermodynamics, Kinetic theory of gases, Oscillations and waves, Electrostatics, Current electricity, Magnetic effect of current, Magnetics, Electromagnetic induction & alternating current, Electromagnetic waves, Optics I (Ray optics), Optic II (Wave optics)|
|Chemistry||Atoms, Molecules and Chemical Arithmetic, Atomic Structure, Radioactivity and Nuclear Chemistry, The Periodic Table and Chemical Families, Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure, Coordination Compounds, Solid State, Liquid State, Gaseous State, Chemical Energetics and Chemical Dynamics, Physical Chemistry of Solutions, Chemistry of Non-Metallic Elements and their Compounds, Chemistry of Metals, Chemistry in industry, surface Chemistry, Environmental Chemistry, Application Oriented chemistry, Chemistry of Carbon Compounds|
|Mathematics||Algebra, Trigonometry, Coordinate geometry for two dimensions, Coordinate geometry for three dimensions, Calculus,|
The Exam Pattern of WBJEE 2017 will help the candidates to get an understanding of the question pattern, scheme of marks and other important details. The Exam pattern will help the candidates prepare for the examination in a more effective way. The Exam Pattern of WBJEE 2017 is given in the table below
|Type of Question||Multiple Choice Question|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Duration||2 hours for Chemistry + Physics 2 hours for Mathematics|
|Subjects||Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics|
|Total no. of Questions||Physics- 40 Chemistry- 40 Mathematics- 75|
|Total no. of marks||Physics + Chemistry – 100 Mathematics- 100|
|Marking scheme||Q Category 1: Candidates will be awarded one mark for correct answer. ¼ marks will be deducted for incorrect answer for combination of more than one option. Q Category 2: Candidates will be awarded 2 marks for correct answer. ½ marks will be deducted for incorrect answer. Q Category 3: Candidates will be awarded 2 marks for correct answers; no marks will be deducted for incorrect answer.|
Category of questions
|Subject||Question Category 1||Question Category 2||Question Category 3|
|Physics + Chemistry||30×1 marks + 30×1 marks||5×2 marks + 5×2 marks||5×2 marks + 5×2 marks|
|Mathematics||50X1 mark||15×2 marks||10×2 marks|
Candidates should make a habit to practice WBJEE 2017 Sample Papers to score better in the examination. The Sample Papers have many advantages and candidates should use this tool to prepare for the examination in a more productive way. Regular practice of sample papers will help candidates to figure out their strength and weakness. Candidates will be able to analyse their level of preparation. They will also be able to calculate the time they should devote to solve each question. By getting a prior experience of the examination, candidates will feel confident on the examination. Candidates, thus, should download WBJEE 2017 Sample Papers and keep practicing it to score well in the examination.
The Answer Key of WBJEE 2017 will officially be released after the conclusion of the examination. Candidates can use the Answer key to calculate their expected score. By cross checking with the answer key, candidates can compare their answers and analyse their performance. They can calculate their expected marks and analyse their performance. Therefore, candidates must ensure to download the answer key to get check their expected score.
WBJEE 2017 Result
- WBJEE 2017 result will be announced on June 05, 2017, tentatively.
- The result will be declared online.
- No hard copy of the result will be issued to the candidates.
- The candidates have to login with their WBJEE 2017 application no. to view their result.
- Candidates are advised to take a print out of the result and keep it safe for future reference.
WBJEE 2017 Rank List
The Rank List for WBJEE 2017 will be released after the Result of WBJEE 2017 is announced. The rank list will have the scores of the qualified candidates in descending order. If two or more candidates score the same rank, the following resolution will be taken into consideration to break the tie:
- Less negative marks in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry taken together.
- More positive marks in Mathematics and Physics taken together.
- More positive marks in Mathematics and Chemistry taken together.
- Less negative marks in Mathematics and Physics taken together.
- Less negative marks in Mathematics and Chemistry taken together.
- More positive marks in Mathematics for only the 2 marks questions.
- More positive marks in Physics for only the 2 marks questions.
- More positive marks in Chemistry for only the 2 marks questions.
- Less negative marks in Mathematics for only the 2 marks questions.
- Less negative marks in Physics for only the 2 marks questions.
- If the tie still exists, the date of birth of the candidates will be taken into consideration. The older candidate will be given the higher rank.
The cutoff of WBJEE 2017 is the closing rank to be announced by the Participating Institutes of WBJEE 2017. The candidates who meet the cutoff set by the participating Institutes will be able to take admission to their desired courses and Institution. The cutoff will vary across institutions. The cutoff will be calculated on the basis of availability of seats, difficulty level of exam, total no. of students appearing in the exam etc.
WBJEE 2017 Counselling
- There will be three rounds of counselling.
- Eligible candidates have to register online in the 1st round of counselling.
- After the registration is successful, candidates will require paying the registration fee of Rs 500 through Debit/ Credit card or e- challan of Allahabad Bank.
- After the payment of registration fee, candidates will be allowed to fill the choices.
WBJEE 2017 Seat Allotment
- Seat allotment will be done in three rounds through online counselling.
- Candidates will be allotted seats on the basis of their rank vis-à-vis choice submitted by them.
- Choice filling will be allowed only once before the 1st round of seat allotment. Candidates will not be allowed to fill in or change their choices in the 2nd or 3rd round of seat allotment.
- Candidates will be allotted seats in the order of merit and on the basis of the choice filled by the candidates.
- Candidates have to report at the reporting centre in person to complete the admission formalities.
West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board
AQ-13/1, Sector-V, Salt Lake City, Kolkata- 700 091.
Examination Helpdesk:-1800-3450-050, 03323671149, 59, 99.
Phone :(033) 23671198/1199/1159/1148
Email : email@example.com
Official Website: http://wbjeeb.nic.in/