WBJEE 2017 Merit List – The merit list of WBJEE 2017 will be released by WBJEEE Board after the declaration of WBJEE 2017 result on or before June 05. The WBJEE merit list to consist the list of candidates who have qualified in the entrance test conducted on April 23. The examination authority will prepare WBJEE 2017 merit list as GMR (General Merit Rank) for all the engineering aspirants. The merit list will be prepared based on the scores of the candidates appeared in the subjects Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry in the West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination (WBJEE) 2017. The WBJEE merit rank will be listed in descending order of the total marks obtained by the candidates in all the above-given subjects. The authority will apply the tie-breaking resolution if one or more candidates secure the same rank in the WBJEE merit list 2017. There will be separate WBJEE merit list for all the categories such as ST, SC, OBC, PWD and TWF candidates. The candidates shortlisted in the WBJEE 2017 merit list will be called for participating in the counselling and seat allotment process. To check the WBJEE 2017 Merit List for all the categories go through the article below.
WBJEE 2017 Merit List Dates
|S.No.||WBJEE 2017 Merit List Events||Dates|
|1.||WBJEE 2017 exam held on||April 23, 2017|
|2.||WBJEE 2017 Answer Key will be published on||After April 23, 2017|
|3.||WBJEE result 2017 will be declared on||June 05, 2017|
|4.||WBJEE 2017 merit list will be released on||After June 05, 2017|
How to check WBJEE 2017 Merit List
The WBJEE 2017 Rank List is expected to be available on June 05, 2017. In order to check the merit list, candidates can follow the steps given below.
- Click on the link provided on this page, which will lead to access the page of merit list.
- In the page, candidates will be required to submit the WBJEE 2017 roll number and date of birth.
- Clicking on ‘Submit’ will display the WBJEE Merit List 2017 of the candidate containing the rank of the candidate.
Details of WBJEE 2017 Merit List
The WBJEE Merit List 2017 will consist the rank of the candidate. On the basis of the marks of the candidates in WBJEE 2017, the Board will prepare a merit list as per the following details.
- Two separate merit list will be prepared for admission into pharmacy courses and engineering/medical courses.
- The WBJEE 2017 Merit List will be prepared in the style of general merit rank (GMR) for the admission of the eligible candidates into undergraduate engineering courses offered by technical institutes of West Bengal.
- The ranking in the merit list will be done in the descending order of the total marks secured by the candidates in all the subjects.
- A separate merit list will be prepared for the respective category such as SC rank, ST rank, OBC-A rank, OBC-B rank, PwD rank, TFW rank. However, for counselling and seat allotment process, general merit rank will be applied.
If two or more candidates will be allotted equal rank in the merit list, the West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board will follow the inter-se merit or tie-breaking mechanism. candidates can check the tie-breaking method below.
- Aggregate of less negative marks in Mathematics, Chemistry and Physics
- More positive marks in Mathematics and Physics taken together
- More positive marks in Mathematics and Chemistry taken together
- Aggregate of less negative marks in Mathematics and Physics
- Less negative marks in Mathematics and Chemistry taken together
- More positive marks in Mathematics for only the 02 marks questions
- More positive marks in Physics for only the 02 marks questions
- More positive marks in Chemistry for only the 02 marks questions
- Less negative marks in Mathematics for only the 02 marks questions
- Less negative marks in Physics for only the 02 marks questions
After implementing the above-mentioned tie-breaking steps, if the tie still persists, it will be broken by the date of birth (DOB) of the candidates. The older candidates will be preferred first rather than the younger one.
Keep following latest updates on, http://engg.entrancecorner.com/ for more information on WBJEE 2017.