WBJEE 2017 Eligibility Criteria – All the candidate must go through the Eligibility Criteria of WBJEE 2017 in order to take admission in the colleges of West Bengal. The article below will specify all the necessary Eligibility Criteria of WBJEE 2017 entrance examination, that a candidate needs to fulfil. The West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination 2017 enlist all the complete criteria such as Age, Citizenship, Domicile Requirements and Academic details. Permission to appear in WBJEE 2017 and ranking in the General Merit List (GMR), will be on the basis of eligibility criteria. There are also requirements of certain participating institutes of WBJEE 2017 to be fulfilled by the candidates in order attend counselling/admission. The documents will be verified at the time of counselling process only. Any candidate found ineligible during the selection process will be disqualified. To know complete details of WBJEE 2017 Eligibility Criteria read the article below.
Latest- A correction has been announced in the date of birth criteria of WBJEE 2017. As per the information brochure, the candidates who were born on or after January 01, 2000 were ineligible to apply. However, WBJEE Board has rectified the error and have stated that candidates born on or after January 01, 2001 are not eligible to appear in the entrance examination.
Important Information on WBJEE 2017 Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates who are appearing in their class XII Standard examination in 2017 may appear in the WBJEE 2017 but shall not be made eligible for seat allotment for admission if such candidates do not pass the Qualifying Examination with the required eligibility criteria as mentioned above.
- WBJEE Board will neither verify the eligibility criteria at the time of WBJEE 2017 Application Form and at the time of issuance of the Admit Card of WBJEE 2017. The admit card will be made available on the basis of the information provided by the candidate. No, candidate will be allowed to change the information after online submission of the form.
- The verification will be done at the time of counselling, admission process at the University. If the candidate is found ineligible then the admission of such candidates will be cancelled at the rtime of admission, process.
WBJEE 2017 Eligibility Criteria
It is mandatory for the candidates to fulfil certain eligibility criteria, listed below, set by the admission committee, before filling the application form.
A candidate must be a citizen of India.
- For Engineering/Technology(other than Marine Engineering) the candidate must be 16 years as on December 31, 2017. There is no upper age limit. A candidate born on or after
January 1, 2000January 01, 2001, is not eligible to appear in WBJEE 2017.
- However, for Marine Engineering Courses the candidates must be of 16 years and should not be above 25 years as on December 31, 2017.
General educational qualification
- Candidates must have passed the Qualifying Examination, Class XII examination with Physics and Mathematics along with any one of Chemistry / Biotechnology / Biology / Computer Science / Computer Application as compulsory subjects with individual pass marks (in both theory and practical wherever applicable) in all the three subjects as stated above in regular class mode.
- All the candidates must pass at least 45% marks (40% in case of candidates belonging to reserved category) in the above three subjects taken together. All the applicants must pass English in their Class XII examination with at least 30% marks
The resident/domicile requirement for admission in different institutes for General and Reserved Category as listed below in the table.
|S. No.||Types of Institutes||Category and Domicile Requirements|
|1.||State-Aided Universities offering Engineering||
|2.||Government Engineering Colleges||
|3.||Colleges offering Engineering||
Eligibility Criteria for Residential/Domicile
- There is no particular Residential/Domicile requirement to appear in the WBJEE 2017.
- However, the State (West Bengal) Residential/Domicile requirement is applicable for WBJEE-2017 admission to any Government Engineering / Technology / Pharmacy Colleges of the State as well as for admission to any reserved category of seats in respect of any course in any of the enlisted Universities/University Departments as well as in any Engineering / Technology / Pharmacy Colleges of the State.The candidates who will be treated as domicile of West Bengal should fulfil the following details.
Criteria to be treated as domicile of West Bengal and applicable proforma of certificate
- The candidate must be residing in West Bengal, continuously for at least 10 years as on December 31, 2016. or
- Parents of the candidate must be the permanent resident of West Bengal and should have permanent, address and certified documents as a proof.
Academic Eligibility Criteria for Different Universities
The academic criteria varies as per the Universities and is as mentioned below:
1. Calcutta University –
For all the B.Tech courses except Jute or Fibre Technology
- Candidates must pass the Higher Secondary Examination (10+2) from West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education or equivalent examination from a recognized Council/Board with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as compulsory subjects.
- The aggregate of 60% marks should be obtained by the candidates. 55% of marks taken together for SC/ST/PWD/OBC-A and OBC-B candidates. Minimum of 30% marks in English for all the category candidates.
For Jute & Fibre Technology Course
Candidates must pass Class XII standard or equivalent Examination with Physics and Mathematics along with any one of Chemistry / Biotechnology / Biology as compulsory subjects with at least 45% (40% for Reserve Category Students) marks in all the above three subjects taken together, individual pass marks (both in theory & practical where ever applicable) in each of the subjects and with at least 30 % marks in English.
2. Jadavpur University
A candidate must have passed Higher Secondary Examination from WBCHSE or an equivalent examination from a recognised Council/Board with
All the candidates must secure 60% marks taken together in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics(45% marks for SC/ST/PWD/OBC-A and OBC-B). He/She must obtain 60% marks in Mathematics and 30% in English as well.
3. The Neotia University
All available B. Tech courses except Marine Engineering
- Pass ‘10+2’ or equivalent Examination with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics, as compulsory subjects with at least 60% marks in the above three subjects taken together.
4. In other Institutes
A candidate secure aggregate of 45% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics in Higher Secondary Examination from WBCHSE or an equivalent from recognized Council/Board (40% marks for Reserved category candidates) and 30% marks as well as in English.
5. For Marine Engineering
- Candidates should have passed Higher Secondary Examination from WBCHSE or any equivalent examination from a recognized council or board.
- 60% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics taken together with individual marks in particular subjects.
- Minimum of 50% marks obtained in English as a subject in 10th or 10+2.