WBJEE 2017 Counselling – The counselling of WBJEE 2017 has started from June 12 with the commencement of online registration and choice filling process. The first list of WBJEE 2017 seat allotment has been released in online mode on June 23. WBJEE 2017 counselling is being conducted online in three rounds by the West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Boards (WBJEEB). Candidates who are allotted seats must report at the Reporting Centres (RCs) from June 24 to July 1, for document verification, payment of an initial fee, allotment card collection etc. After completing all the formalities of WBJEE counselling at the RCs, candidates have to report at the allotted institute to complete the admission formalities. As per the official data, through WBJEE counselling 2017, around 104 institutes will fill approximately 36, 288 B.Tech seats. Candidates were required to register for WBJEE counselling 2017 before June 19 and fill their choices of institutes and Branches online in order of their preference by June 20, 2017. Candidates who appeared in WBJEE 2017 and listed in the merit list were called for WBJEE Counselling 2017. Candidates who qualified in JEE Main 2017 were also able to apply for WBJEE 2017 counselling. To know about WBJEE 2017 counselling procedure, schedule, seat matrix etc. read the article given below on this page.
Latest: WBJEE 2017 Seat Allotment Round 1 Result – Click here
WBJEE 2017 Counselling Dates
WBJEEB has announced the dates for all the crucial events related to WBJEE counselling 2017. Check the schedule from the table given below:
|S.No||WBJEE 2017 Counselling Event||Date|
|1.||Announcement of WBJEE result 2017||June 5, 2017|
|2.||Online registration, creation of password and payment of registration fee||June 12, 2017|
|3.||Last date for registration||June 19, 2017|
|4.||Online choice filling||June 12 to 20, 2017|
|5||Choice locking||June 18 to 20, 2017 (till 11:59 pm)|
|6||Automatic choice locking by system||June 20, 2017 (at midnight)|
|7.||WBJEE 2017 seat allotment round 1||June 23, 2017|
|8.||Reporting for document verification, initial fee payment, collection of allotment card at RCs, withdrawal of admission etc.||June 24 to July 1, 2017 (till 6:00 pm)|
|9.||Physical reporting and admission at allotted institute (PI) by candidates allotted seats in WBJEE counselling round 1||June 24, 2017 onwards|
|10||WBJEE seat allotment round 2||July 4, 2017|
|11.||Reporting at RCs for document verification, collection of allotment card, initial fee payment, withdrawal of admission etc||July 5 to 7, 2017 (till 6:00 pm)|
|12.||WBJEE Seat Allotment round 3||July 12, 2017|
|13.||Reporting at RCs for document verification, collection of allotment card, initial fee payment, withdrawal of admission etc||July 13 to 14, 2017 (till 6:00 pm)|
|14.||Physical reporting and admission at allotted institutes (PI) by candidates who have been allotted seats||Up to July 17, 2017 (till 6:30 pm)|
|15.||e- admission process closes||July 17, 2017|
WBJEE College Predictor – Click here
WBJEE 2017 Counselling
The Counselling of WBJEE 2017 is being held online in three rounds. Candidates who have qualified WBJEE 2017 and secured a rank were able to participate in the counselling. JEE Main qualifiers are also eligible for WBJEE counselling. Candidates have to register themselves, fill in and submit their choices of institutes and Branches. Registration for WBJEE counselling was started from June 12. The entire counselling procedure is given below in detail.
WBJEE 2017 Counselling Online Registration
- Click on the link provided below and then click on ‘New candidate registration’
- On the registration login window, enter registration for, roll number, application number, Candidate’s name, Date of birth, security
- After entering all the required information, click on the ‘Submit’ button
- On the registration form, fill the basic details such as Category, PwD status, TFW status, Domicile status, Religion, Gender etc.
- Once the candidates have submitted the details in the form, it cannot be edited in any circumstances. Therefore, aspirants are advised to fill the form carefully.
- Eligible candidates are allowed to register only once in the first round of counselling. No fresh registration will be allowed in the subsequent round of counselling
Click here to register for WBJEE 2017 Counselling & Choice Filling
Payment of WBJEE 2017 Counselling Fee
After successful registration, candidates should have registered fee of Rs. 500. The counselling fee can be remitted through Debit card/Credit card or e-challan of Allahabad Bank. It is mandatory for each and every candidate to register online and pay the counselling fee to fill in their choices
WBJEE 2017 Counselling Online Choice Filling & Locking
- Candidates have to submit their choices of institute and branch in order of preference within the specified period
- Choice filling is allowed only once before the 1st round of WBJEE counselling. Candidates will not be allowed to submit/alter choices in the 2nd or 3rd round of counselling
- Candidates can fill and submit as many numbers of choices from the list of available choices
- Candidates can change, re-order their choices, delete earlier choices and add new choices any number of times until they lock their final choices
- for choice locking, candidates have to click on the ‘Lock’ button, enter password, confirm the locking etc. Candidate should follow all the steps carefully to complete the locking procedure.
- Once the choices are locked by the candidates, a printable version of the choices along with the terms and conditions agreed by the candidate at the time of registration is displayed on the screen
- The last saved choices of candidates will be automatically locked after the last date. Candidates are therefore strongly advised to lock their choices themselves and secure a printout of these locked choices.
- Registered candidates who do not exercise any choices or fail to save them will not be considered for admission and seat allotment.
- Candidates can login again after locking the choices; the locked choices will be displayed but cannot be modified or altered.
WBJEE 2017 Seat Allotment
The choices submitted by the candidates will be processed centrally and seats will be provisionally allotted in the order of merit as per GMR on the basis of the locked choices. The allotment result will be available online for all the three rounds of WBJEE counselling 2017. No individual allotment letters will not be sent to the candidates by post. Candidates have to take a print out of the allotment result and retain it for future reference. Candidates who are allotted a seat first time in any round; have to report in person to the Reporting Centres to complete the admission formalities.
WBJEE 2017 Seat Acceptance Fee
All candidates who have been allotted a seat are required to pay the Seat Acceptance Fee using e- Challan of Allahabad Bank or Debit/Credit Card as per the following and then download the Provisional Seat Allotment letter. The category wise seat acceptance fee is given below:
|S.No.||Allotted Quota||Seat Acceptance Fee|
|1.||TFW||Rs 4, 000|
|2.||State Aided/ Govt Institutes||Rs 5, 000|
|3.||Self financing Universities/ Institutes||Rs 20,000|
WBJEE 2017 Counselling- Round 1
Candidates who have been allotted a seat have to report to Reporting Centres for document verification, initial fee payment, collection of allotment cards, etc. Candidates have to take provisional admission at the Rcs from June 24 to July 01, 2017, failing which their seat allotment shall stand cancelled. Candidates participating in the first round of counselling will not be considered for further online rounds of seat allotment.
WBJEE 2017 Counselling- Round 2
There is no fresh registration and choice filling in 2nd round of counselling. Choices of main counselling will be considered in this round of allotment. The criteria for eligibility and non-eligibility for WBJEE counselling round 2 is as given below:
|Eligible for Round 2 Counselling||Non- Eligible for Round 2 Counselling|
|Group–I: Registered candidates who did not get any seat allotment in the 1st round.||Not reported at RC after seat allotment in 1st round|
|Group-II: Registered candidates who were allotted a seat in the first round of counselling and reported at the reporting centre but their allotted seat has been cancelled due to non-fulfillment of eligibility criteria.||Reported & Withdrawn from RC.|
|Group–III: Registered candidates who were allotted a seat in the first round of counselling and reported at the reporting centre and completed admission formalities and also submitted willingness “Yes” for up-gradation in the subsequent rounds of counselling.||Became non-eligible due to non-conformity of documents.|
|Group–IV: Candidates who were allotted a seat in the first round of counselling and reported at the reporting centre and completed admission formalities and submitted willingness “NO” for up-gradation. Their old allotted seat will be retained in the same category or in the upgraded category.|
Business Rule for WBJEE 2017 Seat Allotment
Group-I & II: All the choices will be processed. They have to report in person to the RCs for provisional admission within the given period of time.
Group-III: Only the higher preferred choices will be processed. Those candidates need not report at the reporting centre for document verification unless they desire a change in their willingness from“Yes-Upgradation” to “No-Upgradation”.
Group-IV: only the previous allotted choices will be processed for category upgradation. Such candidates are not required to report at the reporting centre.
WBJEE 2017 Counselling- Round 3
The 3rd round of WBJEE counselling will be conducted on July 13 and 14, 207. Candidates have to report to any reporting centres to complete admission formalities. The eligibility criteria and Business rule for WBJEE counselling 2017 round 3 are similar to that of round 2.
After each round of counselling, candidates who have been allotted seats have to finally report to allotted Institute as per schedule to complete the online admission process.
WBJEE 2017 Counselling- Withdrawal of Seats
Candidates who want to Withdraw their allotted seat and seek the refund of fee will have to personally report for withdrawal and refund at the same reporting centre where provisional admission was obtained as per given schedule.
WBJEE Counselling 2017 – Flowchart
WBJEE 2017 Provisional Seat Matrix Click here or check window below:
http://engg.entrancecorner.com/ for more updates on WBJEE 2017