WBJEE 2017 Application Form- The application form of WBJEE 2017 was released on January 05. The last date to apply for WBJEE was February 04, 2017. The correction window for WBJEE 2017 application form was activated from February 06 to 20, 2017. Candidates were allowed to correct their uploaded images as well as all the particulars except some of the registration data in the form. Only those candidates who successfully registered for the examination were able to make the required changes in the application form of WBJEE 2017. Now as the application process has been over, the examination conducting authority, the West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination board (WBJEEB) has released the admit card of WBJEE 2017 on April 10, 2017. Only those candidates whose application form were accepted by the Board has been issued the hall ticket.
Latest: Click here to download WBJEE 2017 Admit Card
Requirements for WBJEE 2017 Application Form
Before starting the application process, the following items was required to be kept ready by the candidates:
- Scanned copies of passport sized photograph, signature and left-hand thumb impression
- Valid Email ID
- Functional Mobile number
- Details of class XII or equivalent examination
- Annual Income details of candidate’s parents
Procedure to fill the WBJEE 2017 Application Form
The procedure to fill the application form included few simple steps. Candidates had to click on the ‘Apply’ button, read the instructions carefully and proceed to apply for WBJEE 2017. In the form, applicants had to enter the following details:
- Candidate’s name
- Father Name
- Mother Name
- Date of Birth
- Parent Domicile
- Person with Disability (if applicable)
- Home District
- Annual Family Income
- Do you belong to TFW?
- Have you Applied in JEE (Main) 2017
- If applied, enter JEE Main 2017 Application Number
Course and Exam City Options
- Apply for
- 1st Choice of Exam City
- 2nd Choice of Exam City
- 3rd Choice of Exam City
Educational Details (Class XII or Equivalent)
- Pass Status
- Course/Stream Name
- Board/University Name
- Passing Year
- Maximum Marks
- Marks Obtained
- Marks in Percentage
- Roll No./Enroll No.
- Institute Name and address
- Pin code
- Pin code
- Email ID
- Mobile No.
- Landline number with STD code or any other contact number
- Choose your Password
- Confirm Password
- Security Question
- Security Answer
- Enter security pin (Case sensitive)
After entering all the required details, candidates were required marking a tick on the declaration box and click on the ‘Submit’ button. The system generated a page confirming the completion of the 1st step pf the online application form. The unique application number of 7 digits will also be displayed on the screen. Candidates had to note down the same and keep it safe for future reference.
Uploading of Documents
After entering all the details mentioned above, applicants had to upload the scanned images of recent passport sized photograph, signature and left-hand thumb impression, enter the security pin and click on the ‘upload’ button. The format required for the images is given below:
|Photograph||4 kb to 100 kb||3.5cm x 4.5 cm||JPG|
|Signature||1 kb to 30 kb||3.5cm x 1.5 cm||JPG|
|Left hand thumb impression (LTI)||1 kb to 30 kb||3.5cm x 1.5 cm||JPG|
Important Features of the Photograph
- The photograph must be taken on or after December 01, 2016.
- Low-Quality Photographs taken by mobile phones and self-composed portrait will be rejected.
- Background of the photograph must be very light in colour.
- 50% of the face should be seen in the photograph.
- Spectacles of dark or tinted glasses or goggles are not permitted in the photograph.
- The photograph must match with the candidate’s appearance at the time of examination.
- A Copy of the same photograph must be produced at the examination centre, during counselling, admission, registration with the University etc.
Payment of Application Fee
After filling the application form and uploading the documents, candidates were directed to the page of fee payment. The amount of fee to be paid was Rs.500 + Bank’s Service Charges as applicable. The payment could be done through any one of the following modes:
Online Mode- In the online mode, candidates had to pay the application fee via Net banking/Debit/Credit Cards and follow the instructions to complete the payment process.
Offline Mode- Candidates had to use the Allahabad Bank E-Challan mode to pay the application fee. As soon as the candidate selected the option, a bank challan was generated containing specific details of the candidate and amount of fees required to paid by the candidate. Candidate were required download ing and taking a print out of the bank challan and deposit the fee with Core Banking Services (CBS) in any branch of Allahabad Bank.
Note: The fee once paid is non-refundable
On successful completion of all the above steps, the ‘Confirmation Page’ was generated by the system. An application number was also generated which was also be sent to the candidates via SMS/email. Candidates had to take a print out of the confirmation page and preserve the same till the completion of the admission process.
The correction window for WBJEE 2017 Application form and for uploaded images was activated for candidates who successfully applied for WBJEE 2017. Applicants were able to correct their uploading of images until Feb 20, 2017 (5:00 pm). Candidates had to follow the steps given below to make the required changes:
• Click on the link(s) provided above
• On the login page, enter the application number, password and Security pin
• Click on the ‘Sign in’ button
• Make the required changes in the form
Note: Candidates were given only one chance to make the corrections in the application form.
Particulars available for correction in WBJEE 2017 Application Form
Candidates had to make changes in all the fields except the following data entered by them during registration:
- Name of the candidate
- Father’s name
- Mother’s name
- Date of birth
Add Important Points of WBJEE 2017 Application Form Correction
• During the correction facility period, candidates could only make changes in the form they have duly submitted. New registration of applicants was not entertained by the Board.
• Candidates had to make the correction within the given period of correction window. After February 08, 2017, no candidate was allowed to make any correction.
• If candidates receive any SMS/email regarding any discrepancy in the photograph/ signature or Left thumb Impression uploaded by them, they had to rectify it within one day.