VITEEE 2017 Counselling – The counselling process for VITEEE 2017 will be held in 1st or 2nd week of May, 2017. The counselling will be held in two sessions, phase-I and phase-II. All the candidates who will qualify the test will be eligible to attend the counselling session. The counselling for the allocation of branches to the shortlisted candidates will be on the basis of the All India Rank of the candidate. A new merit list will be prepared after the announcement of results. The admission procedure will be done through single window admission system for all the B.Tech. programmes offered in all the campuses of VIT University. The counselling will be done in Vellore and Chennai campuses of VIT university. Read the article, VITEEE 2017 Counselling for more information regarding counselling procedure, fees payment and more.
Procedure of VITEEE 2017 Counselling
- The candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of All India Rank of the candidate in VITEEE 2017.
- A common selection and admission process will be followed for all the B.Tech. programmes offered in Vellore and Chennai through single window admission system.
- Shortlisted candidates have to report for the counselling in personal at their preferred campus, Vellore and Chennai. The counselling is now expected to be held in Amaravati and Bhopal campus.
- Every year, the number of qualified candidates is more than the number of seats available in VIT university, to take care for the absentees.
- For the help of the candidates to make their choice, the total number of seats allocated in each branch and the total number of seats still left available will be displayed at the counselling centres. The allotment of the seats will strictly depend on availability of seats.
- University will not accept any request for changes in the date/time of the counselling. If a candidate will be unable to appear for VITEEE 2017 Counselling session in person on scheduled date/time, his/her seat will be offered to the next candidate as per the merit.
- VIT University takes no responsibility, in case information regarding the counselling does not reach the candidate. Therefore, candidates are advised to check the official website of the university on a regular basis.
- However, due to unforeseen reasons, a candidate can not attend the counselling session on the specified date and time, he/she can attend the counselling on the subsequent date/time after duly intimating the concerned authority about the same. But such candidates can not claim for any branch as per their rank/seniority, and can only opt for the branch available at that point of time.
- If the seats will be vacant after the counselling session, the number of seats available will be published on the website and will be displayed on the notice board of the institute, for the benefits of candidates.
- Candidates who will not receive their statement of marks for the qualifying exam will have to furnish an undertaking stating that he/she will abandon the seat that has been allotted, if he/she fails to qualify for the admissions.
Fees to be paid for VITEEE 2017 Counselling
Candidates have to pay Rs. 50,000/- in the form of Demand Draft, in favor of ‘VIT University’, payable at Vellore for the confirmation of seat and the acceptance of branch allotted. It includes Rs. 10,000/- as the counselling fee. The counselling fee is non-refundable but it will be adjusted in the tuition fees once the candidate joins the University.
Documents to be furnished at the time of counselling
During counselling, the candidates should produce the following original documents with two set of photocopies.
- VITEEE 2017 e-Admit Card, Counselling Admit Card and VITEEE 2017 Result Copy
- Class X board certificate as a Date of Birth proof or any other age proof certificate
- Marksheet of Qualifying Examination (if available)
- Caste Certificate
- Nativity Certificate (for candidates from Jammu and Kashmir and Northern Eastern states of Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim and Tripura.
- Demand Draft of Rs. 50,000/- drawn in favor of ‘VIT University’ payable at Vellore.
Candidates will only be allowed to participate in the counselling process, after verification of documents and Demand Draft. If a candidate fails to produce any of the documents, he/she will not be considered for admission.