VITEEE 2017 Cutoff – VIT Engineering Entrance Examination (VITEEE) will be conducted from April 5 to 16, 2017. The result will be declared tentatively on or before April 24, 2017. The VITEEE does not announce any cutoff marks as such for admissions for the B.Tech courses in their two campus- Vellore and Chennai. Only on the basis of the allocated VITEEE percentile rank, candidates will be called for the counselling round. The candidates in the top merit list are called for counselling on different days in the first phase of counselling. Based on their percentile merit, seats are offered to candidates in different branches. The closing rank for a specific branch in the first phase can be termed as the VITEEE cutoff rank for that particular branch. Given below are the complete details regarding the VITEEE 2017 Cutoff.
VITEEE Cutoff – Important Information:
- In 2015, Vellore campus of VIT University was chosen more by candidates than its Chennai campus. The seats were filled up first at Vellore Campus.
- At Vellore Campus, admissions were closed at Production and Industrial Engineering and at its Chennai campus; admissions were closed at Mechanical Engineering.
- During the counselling procedure, Computer Science and Engineering appeared as the most preferred branch at VIT Vellore campus. At VIT Chennai campus, Civil engineering was the most preferred branch
Cutoff marks of VITEEE 2017 – Factors:
The following are the important factors on the basis of which the cutoff marks are listed:
- Based on candidate’s performance in the entrance exam
- Number of seats available for seat allotment
- Previous year’s Cutoff of the exam
- Lowest and the highest exam marks
- Number of candidates who are appearing in the VITEEE 2017 exam
- Annual intake under the exam.
VITEEE 2016 Expected Cutoff:
|Marks obtained by the candidates in VITEEE 2016||Expected Ranks|
|113 — 117||500 -250|
|90 — 113||2,500 – 501|
|81 — 90||5,000 -2,501|
|72 — 81||5,001 – 6500|
|60 — 72||6,501 – 8500|
|43 — 60||8,501 – 11000|
|31 — 43||15,001 -20000|
|Less than 31||20, 000|
VITEEE 2015 Cutoff Marks:
We will update the latest figures of VITEEE 2017 Cutoff if they are released. Till then candidates may check the following table for getting an idea of the Cutoff for various B.Tech courses
|Subjects||2015 Cutoff Marks|
|Electronics and Electronics Engineering||6,600|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering||5,600|
|Computer Science and Engineering||8,1000|
|Production and Industrial Engineering||8,000|
VITEEE 2017 Cutoff – Significant Guidelines:
Candidates must keep in mind the following points concerning the VITEEE 2017 Cutoff:
- Equating Method is used for calculating the rank of a candidate in entrance exam. VITEEE 2017 computer-based / online test will be conducted in three sessions each day.
- There is no minimum qualifying marks that will be declared by VIT University for admission of students to its various courses.
- Equating method is based on percentile method in which candidates with equivalent percentile in different test forms will be considered on same rank.
For more updates on VITEEE 2017 keep visiting this page