UPSEE 2017 Reservation of Seats provides details of the seats that have been particularly earmarked for candidates belonging to special reserved category categories. UPSEE 2017 will be conducted by Dr. A.P.J Abdul Kalam Technical University, Uttar Pradesh. It will grant admission to eligible candidates into various B.Tech courses in various engineering institutes in the state of Uttar Pradesh. Candidates who wish to seek admission on a reserved seat will require producing the relevant certificates/documents issued by the proficient authority. Aspirants, who are entitled to the reservation of seats, must have complete knowledge regarding the same. Check the article given below on this page to get detailed information about UPSEE 2017 Reservation of Seats.
Aspirants, who are entitled to the reservation of seat must be well informed it. Detailed information about UPSEE 2017 Reservation of Seats can be checked in the article given below on this page.
Vertical UPSEE 2017 Reservation of Seats:
Check the category wise Reservation of Seats of UPSEE 2017 for eligible candidates belonging to the state of UP in the table given below:
|Category||Reservation of seats (In percentage)|
|Other Backward Classes||27%|
Horizontal UPSEE 2017 Reservation of Seats:
The reservation of seats available to the sub category of respective category is as follow:
|Sub Category||Code||Reserved seats (Maximum Percentage)|
|Girls of U.P||UPGL||20%|
|Sons/ Daughters of defence personnel of U.P. either retired or disabled/ killed in action or defence personnel posted in U.P/ defence domicile of U.P. & posted outside U.P||UPAF||05%|
|Handicapped candidates of U.P||UPHC||03%|
|Dependents of Freedom Fighters from U.P||UPFF||02%|
Highlights of UPSEE 2017 Reservation of Seats
- Other than the girl candidates of U.P, the rest of the applicants will be given only one type of horizontal reservation out of UPFF/ UPAF/ UPHC.
- Candidates have to mention their category at the time of filling up the online Application Form of USPEE 2017.
- Request of change of category/ sub- category will not be entertained at a later stage under any circumstances.
- Seats available under Fee Waiver scheme will be notified in respective category at the time of counselling.
- The benefits of UPFL subcategory will be provided automatically to all he female candidates.
- Candidates have to produce all the relevant certificates as per requirement at the time of counselling. Candidates failing to produce the required documents will be treated under General Category.
Weightage of marks for Candidates of Rural Areas of U.P:
- Candidates who have passed the qualifying examination from an institute located in rural area of Uttar Pradesh will be given a weightage of 3% of the total marks obtained by the candidates in UPSEE 2017.
- The institutions must be situated in the jurisdiction of Gram Panchayat provided that the area is not industrially developed.
- To avail this benefit, candidates have to produce the required certificate at the time of counselling.
- Rural weightage is not applicable for candidates opting for any other reservation
- Candidates who fall under UPGD category are also not applicable for the benefit of rural weightage.
Candidates belonging to the reserved category will be granted admissions only after the verification of relevant documents supporting the claim of belonging to the respective reserved category. In case, a candidate fails to submit the appropriate certificates as per requirement at the time of counselling, candidates will be considered for admissions only under the General category as per merit.
For any query regarding UPSEE 2017 Reservation of Seats, drop a comment below.
Stay tuned to engg.entrancecorner.com for more updates on UPSEE 2017