UPSEE 2017 Eligibility Criteria: UPSEE 2017 will be conducted by Dr. A P J Abdul Kalam Technical University Uttar Pradesh in April 16, 2017. Candidates seeking admission into 44 undergraduate programmes offered by various Participating Institutes will require applying for the examination. However, before applying for the examination, candidates must ensure that they fulfill all the required conditions for UPSEE 2017. If any candidate is found to be ineligible, the application form of that particular candidate will be rejected. The application fee will not be refunded either. Therefore, candidates are advised to go through the UPSEE 2017 eligibility criteria in the article given below on this page.
Latest: UPSEE 2017 Application Form Available Now
UPSEE 2017 Eligibility Criteria
Every candidate must satisfy the following criteria for being eligible to appear in UPSEE 2017 and for admission in various participating institutes of UPSEE 2017:
There is no age limit specified by the concerned authority to appear for UPSEE 2017. Therefore, any candidate can apply for the examination.
- Candidates must qualify intermediate examination of Uttar Pradesh board or Class XII examination or its equivalent examination from any recognized board.
- Candidates must secure minimum aggregate of 45% without grace. For, SC/ ST category candidates, the minimum aggregate required to be eligible is 40%.
- Candidates appearing in the qualifying examination in the year 2017 are also eligible to apply for UPSEE 2017.
- The subject combination required in the qualifying examination are as follows:
|S.No.||Name of, course||Compulsory Subjects||Optional subjects (Any one)|
|1.||B.Tech.||Physics and Mathematics||Chemistry/ Technical Vocational Subject/ Biology/ Bio-Technology|
|2.||B.Tech. (Bio- Technology)||Physics and Mathematics/ Biology||Chemistry/ Technical Vocational subject/ Bio- Technology|
|3.||B.Tech. (Agriculture Engg.)||Agriculture discipline|
UPSEE 2017 Eligibility Criteria to NRI Quota:
5% of seats of total intake in the Participating Institutes of UPSEE 2017 are reserved for candidates belonging to NRI Quota. Candidates have to fulfill the following qualification for being eligible for admission.
- Candidates must pass the qualifying examination with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics from an institution situated in foreign countries.
Candidates from Cambridge/London/Sri Lanka must have qualified high school certificate education exam with Physics, chemistry and Higher Mathematics.
- Candidates must have appeared in SAT-II examination with Mathematics level II C, Physics and Chemistry.
- The relative merit of candidates will be decided based on the total marks obtained by them in physics, chemistry and mathematics. Such candidates need not appear in UPSEE 2017.
- Minimum aggregate required in the qualifying examination is 50%. SC/ ST candidates must secure at least 45% marks in aggregate.
Note: As per the state Government, 10% of the total sanctioned seats available in Private Institutes affiliated to Dr. A P J Abdul Kalam Technical University (AKTU), Uttar Pradesh has to be filled through combined merit of domicile and non-U.P Domicile candidates. Therefore, 10% of the seats will be open for candidates who belong to other states and have passed the qualifying examination outside the state of Uttar Pradesh.
Candidates who fulfil UPSEE 2017 Eligibility Criteria mentioned above can proceed to apply for the examination. They will require filling up the Application Form of UPSEE 2017. To get instruction and relevant details about the application process, CLICK HERE.