About Exam (UPES 2012):
UPES 2012 is India's First Energy University and Asia's First and only Energy & Core Sector University. UGC and NAAC recognised, UPES 2012 offers over 42 graduate and postgraduate programs to approximately 4200 students in the high growth sectors of Oil & Gas, Power, Aviation, Shipping, Automobile, Infrastructure and Logistics & Supply Chain. The Centre for Continuing Education (CCE), UPES 2012 also offers part time Doctoral and Executive Programs. A statutory university, UPES 2012 was established in 2003 through an act of the State Legislature of Uttarakhand with a picturesque, 27-acre mother campus in Pondha valley, Dehradun .
UPES 2012 is a non profit organisation dedicated to promoting education. Set up with an aim of catering to the demand for domain specific and Industry ready Management & Engineering Professionals, UPES 2012 is committed to provide training, research, consultancy or outreach services in Energy & allied areas. Since its inception, UPES 2012 has become the "Institution of Choice" for students and corporates in the Energy and Core sectors.
Reservation of seats :
- Open for all states ( Based on UPESEAT 2012 score (UPES Entrance Exam 2012) / AIEEE 2012 score / Board Merit score )
- 80% seats filled through UPESEAT 2012 score
- 20% seats filled through AIEEE 2012 score / Board Merit score
- Board Merit score: Eligibility in PCM (80% in 10th,12th)
B.Tech Aerospace Engineering
B.Tech Aerospace Engineering with specialization in Avionics Engineering
B.Tech Applied Chemical Engineering with specialization in Refining & Petrochemicals
B.Tech Applied Petroleum Engineering with specialization in Gas
B.Tech Applied Petroleum Engineering with specialization in Upstream
B.Tech Automotive Design Engineering
B.Tech Electronics Engineering
B.Tech Geo Science Engineering
B.Tech Geo-Informatics Engineering
B.Tech Infrastructure Engineering
B.Tech Mechatronics Engineering
B.Tech Power System Engineering
B.Tech Fire & Safety Engineering
B.Tech Material Science Engineering with specialization in Nano Technology
B.Tech in CS with specialisation in Cloud Computing & Virtualisation Technologies in association with IBM
B.Tech in CS with specialisation in Mainframe Technology in association with IBM
B.Tech in CS with specialisation in Open Source & Open Standards in association with IBM
B.Tech in CS with specialisation in Oil & Gas Informatics in association with IBM
B.Tech in CS with specialisation in Telecom Informatics in association with IBM
B.Tech in CS with specialisation in Retail Informatics in association with IBM
B.Tech in CS with specialisation in Infrastructure Management in association with IBM
B.Tech in CS with specialisation in Business Analytics and Optimization in association with IBM
Detailed information regarding eligibility is available on the website: http://www.upes.ac.in
Admission Procedure 2012
Candidates desirous of seeking admission to any of the program may procure the prospectus and application form from UPES Enrolment Offices at Dehradun/ Delhi on payment of Rs.1600 ( Rs.1700 if required through post or courier payment) The payment should be made in the form of demand draft drawn in favor of "UPES Fee Account", payable at Dehradun/ Delhi.
Cost of Prospectus & Application form for International Students:
USD $ 75 by Demand Draft.
Mode of Payment of Fee / other charges:
By crossed Demand Draft in favour of “University of Petroleum & Energy Studies Fee Account”, payable at New Delhi (India).
Applications can be submitted ONLINE at http://upes.ac.in/application-form.html
Candidates can collect UPES Prospectus & Application form by sending a demand draft in favour of "UPES Fee Account", payable at New Delhi / Dehradun alongwith request letter or by Cash payment from admission counters at Ahmedabad / Chandigarh/ Cochin / Coimbatore / Delhi / Dehradun / Hyderabad / Kolkata / Mumbai. Respective addresses can be viewed from the link: http://upes.ac.in/contactus.html
Last date to receive the filled application (OMR Form) is 4th Febuary 2012 (Saturday).
BTECH- All Streams (UPES 2012) 19 May 2012 (Saturday)
There are 2 ways to take admission in UPES for B.Tech.
- UPES Engineering Aptitude Test (UPESEAT 2012) followed by Centralised Counseling.
- Board Merit/AIEEE Merit through Merit Ranking.
- Minimum 80% marks at Higher & Senior Secondary level (10th & 12th)
- Minimum 80% aggregate in Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics at Senior Secondary level also mandatory
- Minimum 60% marks at Higher & Senior Secondary level (10th & 12th)
- Minimum 60% aggregate in Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics at Senior Secondary level also mandatory
- AIEEE 2012- upto 1 Lakh All India Rank
- *Upto 20% seats shall be filled through Board Merit / AIEEE 2012 Merit category. In case candidates for such seats are not available, UPES has the right to fill these through any other means.
- University also reserves the right to conduct further physical (paper pencil test) / online test for admission through UPES Engineering Aptitude Test (UPESEAT 2012)
- Minimum 60% marks at Higher & Senior Secondary level (10th & 12th).
- Minimum 60% aggregate in Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics at Senior Secondary level.
- Age Criteria: Only candidates whose date of birth falls on or after October 1, 1989 are eligible to apply for admission. Date of Birth as recorded in the Secondary Education Board/ University certificate only will be taken as authentic.
UPES under College
- College of Engineering Studies (COES)
The College of Engineering Studies (COES) at UPES offers B.Tech programs across multiple fields like conventional & non-conventional energy inducting LPG, CNG, LNG, Nuclear Energy etc., Energy systems, Refining & Petrochemicals, Pipelines, Geo-sciences, Aerospace, Automotive Design, Mechatronics, IT and Infrastructure etc.
Bidholi Campus Office Energy Acres,
P.O. Bidholi Via-Prem Nagar
Tel : 0135-2102690/91, 0135-2694257/58,
Fax : 0135-2694204
New Delhi (Corporate Office)
PHDCCI, 3rd Floor, PHD House, 4/2 Siri Institutional Area,
August Kranti Marg,
New Delhi -110016
Tel : 011-41730151/152/153, 011-46022691/92-95
Fax : 011-41730154
Other Related Links:Discuss Your Doubts