UPESEAT 2017 – The University of Petroleum and Energy Studies (UPES) has conducted the UPES Engineering Aptitude Test (UPESEAT) 2017 on May 13, 2017. The result of UPESEAT has been announced on May 29. Candidates can check their result using the link provided in the article. Along with the result, candidates can also check UPESEAT merit list. UPESEAT result will display the aggregate and subject-wise scores as well as overall and category-wise rank secured by candidates in the merit list. As per the rank secured in the entrance examination, candidates will be called for UPESEAT counselling to start from June 22 to 30. All the qualified candidates have to secure minimum UPESEAT cutoff marks in the exam to be eligible for counselling process. Through UPESEAT, candidates will be granted admission to 29 undergraduate engineering courses offered by University of Petroleum and Energy Studies. Interested candidates can get all important of UPESEAT 2017 result, counselling, cutoff, dates, vacant seats and more details from the article below on this page.
Latest: UPESEAT 2017 Result Announced!
Exam name: University of Petroleum and Energy Studies Engineering Aptitude Test. (UPESEAT) 2017
Organized by: University of Petroleum and Energy Studies.
Exam Type: UG Entrance Exam.
UPESEAT 2017 Salient Features:
- Through the UPESEAT 2017, admission will be offered into 29 undergraduate engineering courses.
- To apply for UPESEAT 2017, candidates had registered online and filled up the application form.
- The examination was held online. The examination consisted of multiple type questions.
- All the candidates, Indian as well as foreign nationals must fulfil the eligibility criteria to appear in the examination.
- The admit card was available to students only through online mode. Candidates must download and take a print out of the admit card.
- The result of UPESEAT 2017 has been made available online. No other mode is available to check the result.
- The counselling of UPESEAT 2017 will be held after the result is declared. It will be a centralised process. Only the candidates who meet the minimum cutoff of UPESEAT 2017 will be allowed to take part in the counselling process.
The admit card of UPESEAT 2017 has been issued from May 09, for all the registered candidates. To download the admit card, candidates have used the application number, date of birth and email ID. It was mandatory to carry the admit card to the exam centre, else the candidates were not be allowed to appear for examination. Therefore, candidates must keep it safe.
Candidates should always be aware of the important to make sure they don’t miss out any important event. All the important dates, from the availability of application forms till the commencement of classes are provided here. Candidates can check all the important dates and events in the table below.
Note: UPES has announced some of the dates of crucial events related to UPESEAT 2017. The entire schedule of the aptitude test will be updated as soon as the dates are officially announced.
|1||Availability of Application Form||December 05, 2016|
|2||Last date for filling up Application Form||May 05, 2017|
|3||Admit Card available for downloading||May 09, 2017|
|4||UPESEAT 2017 Exam||May 13, 2017|
|5||Result announcement||May 29, 2017|
|6||Counselling for Board merit candidates||June 16, 2017|
|7||Counselling for JEE Main 2017 candidates||June 17, 2017|
|8||Counselling for UPESEAT qualified candidates||June 22 to 30, 2017|
Candidates must follow the eligibility criteria in order to appear in the UPESEAT 2017. Only the candidates who fulfill the eligibility criteria set by the concerned authority will be able to appear in the examination. The Eligibility criteria for UPESEAT 2017 are given in the table below:
|Age Limit||Candidates born on or after October 1,1995 will be eligible for the examination. The date of birth recorded in the Secondary Board Education will be taken into account to check its authenticity.|
|Admission on the basis of UPESEAT 2017 ( up to 80% seat distribution)||
|Direct admission (up to 20% seat distribution)||
On the basis of Board Merit: Candidates must score a minimum of 80% marks at Higher & Senior Secondary level (10th & 12th). The aggregate in Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics at Senior Secondary level should be at least 80%. On the basis of JEE Main 2017 Merit: Candidates must fulfill the below mentioned conditions:
Note: No Reservations/ quota exist for taking admissions to any undergraduate engineering course in UPES.
The Application Form of UPSEAT 2017 has been made available from December 5, 2017. Candidates had applied online or offline as per their convenience. The last date to register for the examination was May 5, 2017. For the offline mode, candidates had collected the application form and prospectus and have send a demand draft in favour of “UPES Fee Account”, payable at New Delhi / Dehradun along with request letter or by Cash payment from admission counters at Ahmedabad / Chandigarh/ Cochin / Coimbatore / Delhi / Dehradun / Hyderabad / Kolkata / Mumbai.
Candidates have filled up the application form online can check instruction given below:
- Candidates have registered online with their email at first to log in
- Candidates were needed to provide their basic details and the program that they were interested in
- Click on the ‘Submit’ button
- Candidates received an email from UPES on the email id that they used for registration
- Candidates had to click on the link provided in the email from UPES to verify their email id and activate their account on the UPES website
- After the account was verified, candidates needed to fill up the application form online and follow all the instructions
- Candidates had to upload their scanned photograph
- After submitting the Application Form, candidates have to paid online by Credit card/ Debit card /Net Banking for UPES prospectus and application form
- Take a print out of the application form for future reference
Cost of Application Form and Prospectus:
|Indian Resident||Online/ Demand Draft||Rs 1850 ( for all programs)|
|By Cash||Rs 1750 ( for all programs)|
|Foreign Resident||US$ 75 (as per prevailing Indian conversion rate)|
UPESEAT 2017 Exam Centres
The UPESEAT 2017 was held across 46 cities of India. The candidates were required to make their choice of Examination centres at the time of filling up the Application Form of UPESEAT 2017. The candidates gave their first and second choice of examination centre according to their preference. Candidates had to be careful while choosing the exam centres as it cannot be changed later. The Exam Centres along with their centre code is given in the table below:
|S.No||Exam Centre||City Code|
UPESEAT 2017 Sample Paper
UPESEAT 2017 Sample Paper was similar to the actual question paper of the examination. Solving sample papers have multiple benefits .It helped the candidates to prepare better for the examination. Candidates have practiced through sample papers anytime as per the convenience of the candidates. Candidates got an idea about the pattern of the examination, division of marks and the type of question they can expected in the UPESEAT 2017. Candidates were able to figure their strength and weakness, improve their time management skills and prepare better for the examination. It helped to get a prior experience of the actual examination. Candidates were advised to check and download the sample papers of all the subjects and practice them on a regular basis to score good marks in the examination.
UPESEAT 2017 Exam Pattern
- The UPESEAT 2017 has been conducted in online mode.
- The candidates were given a duration if 3 hours to complete the examination.
- One mark was awarded for each correct answer. There was no negative marking for wrong answers.
- The Aptitude test consisted of a total no. of 200 questions. The total no. of questions were divided among different subjects. The subjects and the no. of questions in each subject is given in the table below:
|Subject||No. of Questions|
|English Language Comprehension||30|
|Current Affairs Awareness||20|
|Total no. of questions||200|
UPESEAT 2017 Result
The result of UPESEAT 2017 has been announced on May 29, indicating the aggregate and subject-wise scores and overall and category-wise ranks. Candidates can check and download the result online. Use the link provided in the article above to check UPESEAT result. There was no other mode available to check the result.
UPESEAT 2017 Cutoff
The Cutoff for UPESEAT 2017 will be released after the Result of UPESEAT 2017 is announced. Candidates have to secure at least the minimum cutoff set by the concerned authority to qualify the examination and take admission. Candidates whose score is less than the cutoff announced will not be admitted to any of the undergraduate engineering courses.
UPESEAT 2017 Counselling
The University of Petroleum and Energy studies will conduct the counselling after the result of UPESEAT 2017 is announced. Candidates can check the details about UPESEAT 2017 Counselling in the list below:who wish to fill
- The Counselling of UPESEAT 2017 will be a centralized process.
- Only the candidates who meet the minimum cutoff set by the university will be able to take part in the counseling.
- UPES will grant admissions to 80% of the total seats on the basis of UPESEAT 2017 Result.
To the remaining 20% of the seats, the University will grant admission on the basis of the candidates’ respective Board Merit or JEE Main 2017 All India Rank.
- The eligible candidates have to attend the counselling in person at the given venue on the allotted day and time.
- Candidates have to submit all the required documents for verification at the time of counseling.
- In case, a candidate is unable to produce the required documents or if any discrepancy is found in the documents, admission will not be granted to that candidate.
FEE Structure for all undergraduate Engineering Courses for Indian Nationals (in Rupees):
|Years||Tution Fee||Academic Service Fee||Total Fee|
FEE Structure for all undergraduate Engineering Courses for Foreign Students (in USD):
|One time fees (1st year)||1,380|
P.O. Bidholi Via-Prem Nagar,
Fax : +91-135-2776095,2776090
E-mail : email@example.com
Official Website: http://www.upes.ac.in/
Stay tuned to, http://engg.entrancecorner.com/ for more information on UPESEAT 2017.