UPESEAT 2017: The University of Petroleum and Energy Studies (UPES) will conduct the UPES Engineering Aptitude Test (UPESEAT) 2017. UPES offers admission to 31 undergraduate engineering courses. The aptitude test will be conducted on May 13, 2017. The application form has been made available and the last date to apply is May 3, 2017. Before applying for the aptitude test, candidates must ensure that they are eligible for admission for the academic session 2017-18. Interested candidates can get all important details like application forms, eligibility criteria. , admit card etc. related to UPESEAT 2017 below on this page.
Latest: UPESEAT 2017 Application form Available Now!
Exam name: University of Petroleum and Energy Studies Engineering Aptitude Test. (UPESEAT) 2017
Organized by: University of Petroleum and Energy Studies.
Exam Type: UG Entrance Exam.
- Through the UPESEAT 2017, admission will be offered into 31 undergraduate engineering courses.
- To apply for UPESEAT 2017, candidates have to register online and fill up the application form.
The examination will be held online. The examination will consist of multiple type questions.
All the candidates, Indian as well as foreign nationals must fulfil the eligibility criteria to appear in the examination.
- The admit card will be available to students only through online mode. Candidates must download and take a print out of the admit card.
- The result of UPESEAT 2017 will be available online. No other mode will be available to check the result.
- The counselling of UPESEAT 2017 will be held after the result is declared. It will be a centralised process. Only the candidates who meet the minimum cutoff of UPESEAT 2017 will be allowed to take part in the counselling process.
Candidates should always be aware of the important to make sure they don’t miss out any important event. All the important dates, from the availability of application forms till the commencement of classes are provided here. Candidates can check all the important dates and events in the table below.
Note: UPES has announced some of the dates of crucial events related to UPESEAT 2017. The entire schedule of the aptitude test will be updated as soon as the dates are officially announced.
|1||Availability of Application Form||December 05, 2016|
|2||Last date for filling up Application Form||May 3, 2017|
|3||Admit Card available for downloading||May 10, 2017|
|4||UPESEAT 2017 Exam||May 13, 2017|
|5||Result announcement||Last week of May 2017|
|6||Exam Counselling||2nd or 3rd week of June 2017|
|7||Non- Exam Counselling||2nd week of June 2017|
|8||Commencement of classes||July, 2017|
Candidates must follow the eligibility criteria in order to appear in the UPESEAT 2017. Only the candidates who fulfill the eligibility criteria set by the concerned authority will be able to appear in the examination. The Eligibility criteria for UPESEAT 2017 are given in the table below:
|Age Limit||Candidates born on or after October 1,1995 will be eligible for the examination. The date of birth recorded in the Secondary Board Education will be taken into account to check its authenticity.|
|Admission on the basis of UPESEAT 2017 ( up to 80% seat distribution)||
|Direct admission (up to 20% seat distribution)||
On the basis of Board Merit: Candidates must score a minimum of 80% marks at Higher & Senior Secondary level (10th & 12th). The aggregate in Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics at Senior Secondary level should be at least 80%. On the basis of JEE Main 2017 Merit: Candidates must fulfill the below mentioned conditions:
Note: No Reservations/ quota exist for taking admissions to any undergraduate engineering course in UPES.
The Application Form of UPSEAT 2017 has been made available from December 5, 2017. Candidates can apply online or offline as per their convenience. The last date to register for the examination is May 3, 2017. For the offline mode, candidates can collect the application form and prospectus by sending a demand draft in favour of “UPES Fee Account”, payable at New Delhi / Dehradun along with request letter or by Cash payment from admission counters at Ahmedabad / Chandigarh/ Cochin / Coimbatore / Delhi / Dehradun / Hyderabad / Kolkata / Mumbai.
Candidates who wish to fill up the application form online can check instruction given below:
- Candidates need to register online with their email at first to log in.
- Candidates will need to provide their basic details and the program that they are interested in.
Click on the ‘Submit’ button.
- Candidates will receive an email from UPES on the email id that they used for registration.
- Candidates will have to click on the link provided in the email from UPES to verify their email id and activate their account on the UPES website.
- After the account is verified, candidates need to fill up the application form online and follow all the instructions.
- Candidates can upload their scanned photograph.
- After submitting the Application Form, candidates will have to pay online by Credit card/ Debit card /Net Banking for UPES prospectus and application form.
- Take a print out of the application form for future reference.
Cost of Application Form and Prospectus:
|Indian Resident||Online/ Demand Draft||Rs 1850 ( for all programs)|
|By Cash||Rs 1750 ( for all programs)|
|Foreign Resident||US$ 75 (as per prevailing Indian conversion rate)|
UPESEAT 2017 Exam Centres
The UPESEAT 2017 will be held across 46 cities of India. The candidates need to make their choice of Examination centres at the time of filling up the Application Form of UPESEAT 2017. The candidates have to give their first and second choice of examination centre according to their preference. Candidates should be careful while choosing the exam centres as it cannot be changed later. The Exam Centres along with their centre code is given in the table below:
|S.No||Exam Centre||City Code|
UPESEAT 2017 Sample Paper
UPESEAT 2017 Sample Paper is similar to the actual question paper of the examination. Solving sample papers have multiple benefits .It helps the candidates to prepare better for the examination. Sample papers can be practiced anytime as per the convenience of the candidates. Candidates will get an idea about the pattern of the examination, division of marks and the type of question they can expect in the main examination. Candidates will be able to figure their strength and weakness, improve their time management skills and prepare better for the examination. It helps to get a prior experience of the actual examination. Candidates are advised to check and download the sample papers of all the subjects and practice them on a regular basis to score good marks in the examination.
UPESEAT 2017 Exam Pattern
- The UPESEAT 2017 will be held in online mode.
- The candidates will be given a duration if 3 hours to complete the examination.
- One mark will be awarded for each correct answer. There will be no negative marking for wrong answers.
- The Aptitude test will consist of a total no. of 200 questions. The total no. of questions will be divided among different subjects. The subjects and the no. of questions in each subject is given in the table below:
|Subject||No. of Questions|
|English Language Comprehension||30|
|Current Affairs Awareness||20|
|Total no. of questions||200|
UPESEAT 2017 Result
The result of UPESEAT 2017 is expected to be announced in the last week of May, 2017. Candidates can check and download the result online. There will be no other mode available to check the result.
UPESEAT 2017 Cutoff
The Cutoff for UPESEAT 2017 will be released after the Result of UPESEAT 2017 is announced. Candidates have to secure at least the minimum cutoff set by the concerned authority to qualify the examination and take admission. Candidates whose score is less than the cutoff announced will not be admitted to any of the undergraduate engineering courses.
UPESEAT 2017 Counselling
The University of Petroleum and Energy studies will conduct the counselling after the result of UPESEAT 2017 is announced. Candidates can check the details about UPESEAT 2017 Counselling in the list below:
- The Counselling of UPESEAT 2017 will be a centralized process.
- Only the candidates who meet the minimum cutoff set by the university will be able to take part in the counseling.
- UPES will grant admissions to 80% of the total seats on the basis of UPESEAT 2017 Result.
To the remaining 20% of the seats, the University will grant admission on the basis of the candidates’ respective Board Merit or JEE Main 2017 All India Rank.
- The eligible candidates have to attend the counselling in person at the given venue on the allotted day and time.
- Candidates have to submit all the required documents for verification at the time of counseling.
- In case, a candidate is unable to produce the required documents or if any discrepancy is found in the documents, admission will not be granted to that candidate.
FEE Structure for all undergraduate Engineering Courses for Indian Nationals (in Rupees):
|Years||Tution Fee||Academic Service Fee||Total Fee|
FEE Structure for all undergraduate Engineering Courses for Foreign Students (in USD):
|One time fees (1st year)||1,380|
P.O. Bidholi Via-Prem Nagar,
Fax : +91-135-2776095,2776090
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Official Website: http://www.upes.ac.in/