UCEED 2017: IIT Bombay has conducted Undergraduate Common Entrance Examination for Design (UCEED) 2017 on January 22, 2017. The result of UCEED 2017 for admission into B.Des programme has been relaesed on February 24, 2017. Only those candidates who will be included in the rank list of UCEED 2017 will be qualified for admission. However, the qualified candidates will only be able to download the scorecard from February 27, 2017. After the announcement of the result, the application form for B.Des admission will be issued. Candidates will be able to fill it between June 10 to 15, 2017. Once the application forms are submitted, UCEED 2017 counselling will begin. The first round of seat allotment will be held on July 04, 2017. The round two and three of the counselling will be held on July 10 and 15, respectively. Candidates may read the article below to check more details about UCEED 2017 and B.Des admission.
Latest: UCEED 2017 Result Declared – Check here
Exam name: Undergraduate Common Entrance Examination for Design (UCEED) 2017.
Conducted by: IIT Bombay.
- Through UCEED 2017, IIT Bombay will offer admission to the Bachelor Degree programme in Design ( B.Des.)
- To apply for UCEED 2017, candidates have to register and fill up the Application form online.
- All the candidates, Indian as well as foreign nationals must fulfill the eligibility criteria to appear in the examination.
- To apply for admission to the B. Des. programme at IIT Bombay, a candidate is required to qualify in UCEED 2017 and satisfy the Minimum Educational Qualifications (MEQ) as well.
- UCEED 2017 score is valid only for admission to the academic year 2017-2018.
- UCEED 2017 will be held in 19 cities of the country.
- The result will be available in the online mode. It is expected to be available on February 20, 2017.
- The Rank List of UCEED 2017 will be announced after the declaration of the result.
Keeping track of all the important dates help candidates to be aware of all the events so that they can avoid missing any important event. Candidates can check all the important dates and events in the table given below. The candidates should note that the list of UCEED 2017 important dates mentioned below are provided.
|Online registration for UCEED 2017 starts from||October 17, 2016|
|Last date of online registration.||November 20, 2016|
|Availability of admit card||December 29, 2016|
|Last date to rectify any discrepancies in admit card||January 9, 2017|
|UCEED 2017 Examination||January 22, 2017|
|Release of draft answer key||January 28, 2017|
|Last date for sending comments about draft answer key||January 31, 2017|
|Declaration of result||February 24, 2017|
|Start date to download score card||February 27, 2017|
|Application Date for B.Des programme||June 10-15, 2017|
|Seat Allotment Round 1||July 04, 2017|
|Seat Allotment Round 2||July 10, 2017|
|Seat Allotment Round 3||July 15, 201|
The result of UCEED 2017 has been announced. The login page is made available. Candidates must enter their registered email ID and password to check their result. Only UCEED qualified candidates will be able to view their sectionwise, total marks and categorywise ranks in the UCEED 2017 results. Score Cards containing details of the marks will be available seperately for the qualified candidates on February 27, 2017. The aspirants will be selected for admission based on their minimum marks scored in each section of the question paper of the entrance test as prescribed by the conducting body. The minimum prescribed for each section will be different for all the categories. Shorlisted candidates have to fill a seperate application for B.Des admission to attend the counselling process.
Ever candidate, including foreign candidate should fulfil the eligibility criteria set by the exam committee to appear and seek admission in UCEED 2017. Any candidate who fails to fulfill the eligibility criteria will not be allowed to appear in the examination. Before applying for the examination, candidates are advised to read carefully and follow all the criteria mentioned in the table below.
|Age limit||Candidates born on or after October 1, 1997, are eligible to appear for the examination. SC, ST and PwD candidates should have been born on or after October 1, 1992 as they are given five years relaxation.|
|Number of attempts||A Candidate can avail a maximum of 2 consecutive attempts for UCEED 2017.|
In accordance with the rules of the government of India, seats are reserved for the candidates on the basis of their category. The Other Backward class (Non Creamy Layer), Scheduled Tribes (ST), Scheduled Castes (SC) and Person with Disability (PwD) with 40% or more disability falls under the reserved category. The percentage of category wise reservation of seats is mentioned in the table below:
Below are the seats reserved for different categories in three institutes’ i.e Indian Institute Bombay (IITB), Indian Institute Guwahati (IITG), Indian Institute of Information Technology Design and Manufacturing Jabalpur (IITDMJ).
|Institutes||OPEN||OPEN- PwD||OBC – NCL||OBC NCL PwD||SC||SC – PwD||ST||ST – PwD||Total|
Note: The 3% reservation of seats for PwD candidates is translated to 1 seat which is cycled over in a 4-year period category-wise in the sequence, GEN, OBC, SC and ST. Thus, for the academic year 2017-18, the candidate will be allotted seat from the SC category. If the PwD seat remains unfilled in a particular year, it will be reverted back to the category from which the PwD seat was assigned for that year.
Candidates are required to register online before filling up the application form. Candidates can check the step by step procedure to fill up the application form and other important details below.
Candidates have to pay late fees of Rs.500 for all applications done after the last date i.e. November 20, 2016, 23:45 hours.
- Candidates need to register online before filling up the application form.
- At the time of registration, candidates have to provide a valid email id. And an active mobile number. The contact no. provided by the candidates will be used to communicate in the future to the candidates.
- After all the details are provided, click on the submit button. An email will be sent with a link to validate the email id.
- A password will be sent to the registered mobile no. the password has to be used to complete the registration process.
- Candidates have to click on the link and enter their email id. and password to log in.
Online Application Filling:
After completing the registration process, candidates will be allowed to fill up the application forms of UCEED 2017. Applicants have to provide all the details and upload proper documents at the time of filling up the application form. The detailed procedure is listed below.
- Candidates have to enter their personal details.
- Candidates will need to select three examination centres according to their preference in decreasing order.
- The candidates have to upload the scanned images of their photograph, signature and, eligibility certificate and other supporting documents.
- Candidates are advised to check all the information by clicking on the “Preview” button before submitting the application form.
- Candidates can save their application form before clicking “Pay Fee and Submit” button. They can login back later and continue the application process.
Payment of Application Fee:
The applicants have to pay the application fee in order to validate the UCEED 2017 Application form. The examination fee is payable via credit or debit card. After the successful payment of the examination fee a confirmation page will be displayed. The aspirants should assure to withhold the printout of the same.
Registration Fee Structure:
The category wise registration fee structure of UCEED 2016 is given in the table below:
|Category||Fee (In Rupees)|
Note: The fee structure mentioned in the table above is according to the fee structure of previous year. We will update it once the fee structure for the session 2017-18 is announced officially.
- As per latest order of Supreme Court of India, third gender includes only trans-genders, eunuchs and hijras. Lesbians, gays and bisexuals need to select either Male or Female option as appropriate.
- The registration fee shown above DOES NOT INCLUDE service charges, processing fees and any other charges that the banks may charge.
The UCEED 2017 will be held in multiple cities of the country. There are total no. of 19 exam centres for UCEED 2017. Candidates have to make their choice of Exam centres at the time of registration. It is compulsory to choose 3 cities in decreasing order of preference. Candidates should be careful while choosing the exam centres as it cannot be changed later. The name of the exam centres are given in the table below:
|S.No.||Exam Centres of UCEED 2017|
Note: A city listed as one of the examination centre might get omitted from the final list of Exam centre if enough number of candidates is not available for that centre. In that case, the candidates will be allotted a centre in the city of either their second or third choice of exam centre.
Candidates who have successfully registered and filled up the application form can download the admit card. The admit card is available online. Registered candidates must enter the Email ID and Password to download the admit card. Candidates are advised to read all the instructions mentioned in the admit card carefully and adhere to it. Candidates can avail all important details related to the admit card below.
- Candidates can check their admit card and download it online. No other mode will be available.
- The following details will be mentioned in the Admit Card:
- Name of the candidate.
- Application ID of UCEED 2017.
- Roll number of UCEED 2017.
- Examination Schedule.
- Examination centre details.
- Important Instructions for the candidates.
- Candidates are advised to check all the details mentioned in the admit card before downloading it.
- In case of any discrepancy in the admit card, candidates need to contact the Chairperson of UCEED 2017 at IIT Bombay before the specified date.
- If the admit card is not available for download, candidates should contact the concerned authority (The contact no. is provided at the bottom of this page).
- Candidates are advised to keep the admit card safe as they will require to produce it at the time of examination.
The syllabus of UCEED 2017 consists of six topics. The exam will have questions from the six topics prescribed in the syllabus. Candidates should ensure to go through the prescribed syllabus to score well in the examination. The syllabus of UCEED 2017 is mentioned below.
|S. No.||Topics||Sub Topics|
|1||Visualization and spatial ability||Pictorial and diagrammatic questions to test: Understanding of transformation and manipulation of 2D shapes & 3D objects and their spatial relationships; knowledge of practical and everyday mechanical and scientific concepts.|
|2.||Observation and design sensitivity||Ability to detect concealed properties in ordinary things, situations, events, people and thinking critically about them. Applying attention to certain details, reasoning, analyzing, classifying, inferring & predicting. Ability to discern subtle differences in visual properties & aesthetic outcomes.|
|3.||Environmental and social awarness||General awareness of environmental factors such as population, climate, vegetation, pollution, water, weather, natural resources etc. and their implications on the design of products, images, infrastructure & environment. Awareness of cultural & social connection with design, history of the designed artifact, and socially responsible & environmentally sustainable design responses. History of art, sculpture & literature.|
|4.||Analytical and logical reasoning||Ability to look at information, be it quantitative or qualitative in nature and discern patterns within the information. Ability to weigh arguments, opinions or solutions against appropriate criteria. Ability to check for the hidden bias or hidden assumptions and whether evidence & argument support conclusions. Ability to use logical & structured thinking to deduce from a short passage, which of a number of statements is the most accurate response to a posed question. Data Interpretation, patterns and brainteasers.|
|5.||Language and creativity||Ability to understand and use Standard English. Reading comprehension, knowledge of English grammar such as sentence structure and usage, the use of tenses, verb patterns, articles, and active and passive constructions, etc. & vocabulary skills. Ability to think creatively in terms of alternatives, ability to distinguish innovative options and think out of the box.|
|6.||Design thinking and problem solving||Ability to use visual analogies, signs, metaphors and symbols. Ability to understand complexity, identify problem, evaluate options, generate alternatives and select solutions.|
The Sample Paper of UCEED 2017 is similar to the actual question paper. After going through the syllabus of the exam, candidates should make sure to practice sample papers. Sample Papers has many benefits. By practicing sample papers candidates will get an idea about the marking scheme and the type of questions they can expect in the examination. It also helps in improving time management skills. Candidates can solve sample papers according to their convenience. Therefore, candidates should make sure to check and download UCEED 2017 Sample Papers to prepare better and pass the examination with flying colors.
UCEED 2017 Mock Test
UCEED 2017 Mock Test is a great tool to help the candidates to prepare in a more effective way for the examination. Regular practice of Mock Test of UCEED 2017 will help the candidates to get an idea of how the online test is conducted. It will also aid the candidates to get a better understanding of the pattern of the online test. It will also help candidates to have better understanding of their preparation level. They will be able to self-evaluate their performances which will make them perform better in the main examination. Candidates are advised to practice Mock test of UCEED 2017 on a regular basis to revise in a more precise way.
|No. of papers||One|
|Mode of exam||Computer Based Test (Online)|
|Medium of paper||English|
|Total no. of sections||3|
|Total no. of questions||100 (Distributed among the six topics prescribed in the syllabus)|
|Total no. of marks||300|
|Type of questions||Section A: Numerical Answer Type questions (NAT).Section B: Multiple select questions (MSQ).Section C: Multiple choice questions ( MSQ).|
|Marking scheme||Section A: No choices are given. For each correct answer, candidates will be awarded 4 marks and No Negative Marking for wrong answers. Unattempt questions will be given zero marks. Section B: For each correct answer, candidates will be awarded 4 marks and no negative marking for wrong answers. There is no partial mark. Unattempt questions will be given zero marks. Section C: For each correct answer, candidates will be awarded 3 marks and for each wrong answer -1 mark will be deducted. Unattempt questions will be given zero marks.|
Candidates can check the draft answer key and compare their answers to know the correct answers. The answer key will help the candidates to compare their answers with that of the answers marked to get an idea about their performance in the main examination. The answer key will help the candidates to calculate the marks they can expect and evaluate their performance.
- The draft answer key is released on January 28, 2017.
- Candidates can also send comments about the draft answer key.
- The last date for sending comments on the draft answer key is January 31st 2016.
- The UCEED committee will take the final decision regarding the answer keys by considering all the comments obtained from the candidates and the paper setting team. This decision will be binding on all the candidates
- The Rank list will be released after the result of UCEED 2017 is declared.
- The Rank List will be prepared on the basis of the total marks obtained by the candidates in UCEED 2017.
- Candidates whose score is equal or more than the minimum prescribed marks in each section and who scores the minimum total marks will be included in the rank list. Candidates can check the minimum marks prescribed for inclusion in the rank list in the table below:
|Category||Minimum % of marks in each section||Minimum total marks|
|General/ Common Rank List (CRL)||10||100|
Tie Breaking Resolution:
If two or more students obtain equal marks, the ranks of the candidates will be decided in the following order:
- Candidates obtaining higher marks in section B will be assigned higher rank.
- If this does not break the tie, Candidates obtaining higher marks in section A will be assigned higher rank.
- If there is a tie even after this, candidates will be assigned the same rank.
UCEED 2017 Admission Procedure
- Only the qualified candidates of UCEED 2017 will be eligible to apply for admission to the B. Des. programme at IIT Bombay for the academic year 2017-2018.
- The first round of admission is expected to be announced in the 1st week of July 2017. Candidates will be admitted on the basis of category wise rank obtained by
- If the selected candidates fail to pay the fees before the deadline or decline the admission, their application will be cancelled.
- These vacant seats will be filled during the second round of admissions which is expected to be held in the 2nd week of July 2017.
- If the candidates selected in the second round of admission do not pay the fees before the deadline or decline the admission, their application will be cancelled.
- If after the second round of admission, vacant seats still exist, a selected number of applicants (depending on the vacancies available and category wise reservation), who are on the top of the remaining rank list, will be called for spot admission prior to the UG orientation at IIT Bombay.
- For spot admission, candidates have to be present in person with the necessary documents and fees.
- Spot admission will be based on the rank of the candidates and vacancy available for each category. Therefore, candidates present during the spot round cannot be guaranteed admission.
- Candidate need to be present in person with all the required documents and fees for spot admission.
- In case, a candidate is unable to produce the required documents or if any discrepancy is found in the documents, admission will not be granted to that candidate.
Chairman UCEED 2017
Indian Institute of Technology Bombay
Powai, Mumbai 400076
Official website: http://www.iitb.ac.in/uceed/2016/index.html