TS EAMCET 2017 Eligibility Criteria enlists all the requirements required to become eligible for the Common Entrance Test conducted by the Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Hyderabad. The Eligibility Criteria of TS EAMCET 2017 includes details about all the criteria such as nationality, domicile, academic requirements etc. Only those candidates who will meet the required norms will be able to take admission in the University and other private unaided and affiliated professional colleges in the state of Telangana. Hence, before applying for the examination, every aspirant must ensure their eligibility. In the article given below, candidates can get all the relevant details regarding TS EAMCET 2017 Eligibility Criteria.
TS EAMCET 2017 Eligibility Criteria
Aspirants must read the eligibility criteria before applying for TS EAMCET 2017. If at a later stage, any student is found to be ineligible for admission, he/she will be debarred from the admission process. The application fee submitted at the time of the application process will not be refunded either. TS EAMCET 2017 Eligibility Criteria is listed below:
Nationality: Candidates must be of Indian Nationality or Persons of Indian origin (PIO)/ Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) Card Holders.
Domicile: Candidates must belong to the state of Telangana. They must satisfy local/non- local status requirements as defined by the Educational Institutions in the state of Telangana.
Age Limit: The requirement of age for various B.Tech programmes is given below:
- Candidates must complete 16 years of age as on December 31, 2016.
- For B.Tech (Dairy Technology), B.Tech (Agricultural Engineering), B.Tech (FST) and B.Sc (CA and BM), candidates should have completed 17 years of age and the upper age limit for such students is 22 years.
- Candidates belonging to SC/ST candidates have a relaxation of 5 years. The upper age limit of such candidates is 25 years.
- Candidates must have qualified 10+2 examination with Mathematics, Physics, along with Chemistry/ Biotechnology / Biology as one of their optional subject or related vocational courses in the fields of Engineering and Technology. The examination must be conducted by the Board of Intermediate Education, Telangana.
- Along with the subjects mentioned above, students must have completed bridge course or courses conducted for candidates enrolled during 2000-2002 and subsequent batches, or any other examination acknowledged as equivalent by the Board of Intermediate Education, Telangana.
- Candidates who have qualified or appearing for the final year of Intermediate Examination with Biology, Physics and Chemistry as optional are also eligible to apply for the Biotechnology course. Along with it, students must complete the bridge course examination in Mathematics conducted by the Board of Intermediate Education, Telangana.
- Students must have qualified in the Diploma examination in Engineering conducted by the State Board of Technical Education and Training, Telangana. Candidates appearing the final year of Diploma examination are also eligible for the entrance test.
- Candidates who have qualified or appearing in any other examination recognized as equivalent by the State Board of Technical Education and Training, Telangana are also eligible to appear for the entrance test.
- In the qualifying examination, candidates must secure at least 45% of marks in the subjects specified taken together in the qualifying examination.
- Students belonging to the reserved category must secure a minimum aggregate of 40% marks in the qualifying examination.
Keep visiting engg.entrancecorner.com for more updates on TS EAMCET 2017