TNEA 2017 Rank List – The rank list of TNEA 2017 will be published online on June 22, 2017 for the candidates who have applied for admission to the engineering colleges in the state of Tamil Nadu through TNEA 2017. The rank list will be prepared on the basis of marks obtained by the candidates in class XII or any equivalent examination. The reservation criteria, community category will also be taken into consideration while determining the TNEA rank list of the candidates. To check the rank list of TNEA candidates have to enter their application number and date of birth. The rank list will also be intimated to the candidates by post along with the counselling call letter. For the counselling, candidates will be called as per their rank. The direct link to check the TNEA rank list 2017 will be available here as soon as it is activated by Anna University, Tamil Nadu. Meanwhile, candidates may scroll down to check all important information related to TNEA 2017 rank list.
Steps to check TNEA 2017 Rank List
Candidates who have applied for TNEA admission 2017 have to follow the steps given below to check the rank list of TNEA 2017
- Candidates have to click on the link that will be provided on this page.
- After clicking on the link, the login window will appear on the screen.
- Candidates have to enter their TNEA 2017 application number and date of birth.
- After entering the details candidates have to click on the ‘enter’ button.
- Applicants can now check the rank list of TNEA 2017 that will appear on the screen.
- Candidates must ensure to download and take a print out of the rank list and retain for further admission process.
Tie Breaking Mechanism for TNEA 2017 Rank List
If two or more candidates have the same aggregate marks leading to a tie, the following methods will be applied to break the tie in the rank list of TNEA:
- If candidates have the same aggregate marks, the candidate with higher marks in mathematics will be given the higher rank.
- If the marks obtained in mathematics of the candidates is equal, then the candidate with higher marks in Physics will be given the better rank.
- If this does not break the tie, the higher marks obtained in chemistry will be taken into consideration.
- In case the tie prevails, candidates obtaining higher marks in the 4th optional subject in the qualifying exam will be ranked higher in TNEA rank list 2017.
- If the tie still persists, the date of birth of the candidates will be considered. The older candidate will get the higher rank.
- If that does not break the tie either. The 10 digit random number assigned to the candidates will be used to decide the rank. Candidate with the higher random number will be ranked in a better position.
For any query or doubt regarding TNEA 2017 Rank List, drop a comment below.
Keep visiting engg.entrancecorner.com for more updates on TNEA Admission 2017