TNEA 2017 Rank List – The rank list of TNEA 2017 has been published online on June 22, 2017, by Anna University. To check the rank list of TNEA candidates have to enter their email ID and password. TNEA rank list 2017 has been released for candidates who have applied for admission to various undergraduate engineering colleges in the state of Tamil Nadu. TNEA rank list is prepared on the basis of marks obtained by candidates in class XII or any equivalent examination. Anna University has also released the TNEA 2017 random number assigned to candidates on June 20. The random number will be used as a last resort in case of tie in TNEA 2017 rank list. Candidates can check TNEA rank list 2017 and random number from the links provided on this page. Only those candidates who have obtained a position in TNEA 2017 rank list are eligible to able to participate in the counselling and seat allotment process. To know more about TNEA 2017 rank list read the article given below on this page.
TNEA 2017 Rank List Dates
Candidates can check the dates related to the events of TNEA 2017 rank list from the table given below:
|S.No.||TNEA 2017 Rank List Events||Important Dates|
|1.||Assigning of random number||June 20, 2017|
|2.||Publication of TNEA 2017 rank list||June 22, 2017|
|3.||Commencement of Counselling||June 27, 2017|
How to check TNEA 2017 Rank List
Candidates who have applied for TNEA admission 2017 have to follow the steps given below to check the rank list of TNEA 2017
- Candidates have to click on the link provided below on this page.
- After clicking on the link, the login window appears on the screen.
- Candidates have to enter their email ID and password
- Enter the verification code as displayed on the screen
- After entering the details click on the ‘login’ button.
- Applicants can now check the rank list of TNEA 2017
- Candidates must ensure to download and take a print out of the rank list and retain the same for further admission process.
TNEA 2017 Rank List declared – Check here
TNEA 2017 Random Number- Check here
Candidates will be assigned a random number that will be used in the preparation of the TNEA rank list 2017. Along with the random number, the raw data captured from the coding sheet and verified during scrutiny will also be published. To get access to TNEA random number, follow the steps given below:
- Candidates have to click on the link given above
- In the login page, enter Email ID, password, security pin and then click on the ‘Login’ button
- Candidates can now check their random number to be used for the preparation of TNEA rank list 2017
Preparation of TNEA 2017 Rank List
- Anna University has prepared the rank list of TNEA 2017 based on the marks obtained by candidates in the prescribed subjects in the qualifying examination.
- The marks obtained by the candidates in the qualifying exam is reduced to 200. (Mathematics- 100, Physics + Chemistry- 100)
- The normalisation method has been adopted by the University in determining the merit position of candidates in TNEA rank list 2017
- The marks obtained by the candidates in the relevant subjects in the qualifying examination of various Boards is equated with the marks obtained by candidates in the same subject in the qualifying examination conducted by the State Board of Tamil Nadu.
If the highest mark secured by the student of State Board of Tamil Nadu in Physics is 100 and the highest mark secured by a student of any other Board in the same subject is 90 both the highest marks is considered to be equal to 100.
If a student of the other Board secures 60 marks in Physics when the first mark in Physics in the same Board is 90, the following formula is used to derive the aggregate mark obtained by the student in that particular subject:
100 x 60/90 = 66.66 %
- After normalising the marks, the qualified candidates are assigned a rank as per their score in the rank list of TNEA 2017
- For candidates qualifying class XII exam from CBSE and ICSE, the highest mark obtained by candidates in the relevant subject is considered for normalisation
TNEA 2017 Rank List- Tie Breaking Mechanism
In case, two or more candidates secured the same marks, the inter-se-merit has been determined in the following order:
- Candidate with higher marks in Mathematics is given the higher rank.
- If the tie still exists, candidates with higher marks in Physics is given the better rank.
- If this does not break the tie, the aggregate marks obtained by candidates in the fourth optional subject is taken into consideration.
- If the tie still persists, the date of birth of the candidates will be considered. The older candidate is allotted the higher rank.
- In case, the tie still exists, the 10 digit random number assigned to the candidates is taken into consideration. Candidate with the higher value is given preference and ranked higher
For any query or doubt regarding TNEA 2017 Rank List, drop a comment below.
Keep visiting engg.entrancecorner.com for more updates on TNEA Admission 2017