TNEA 2017 Counselling – Anna University has started the counselling of TNEA 2017 from July 17, 2017, for around 1.5 lakhs engineering aspirants of Tamil Nadu. The counselling letter has also been released and candidates can download the same on this page by entering their email and password. TNEA counselling is conducted in offline mode for enrolling candidates in the engineering colleges of Tamil Nadu. TNEA admission is held through Single Window counselling in the order of the merit position of the candidates. TNEA 2017 counselling includes Registration and Submission of Application, random number and rank publication, download of counselling call letter, seat allotment process and reporting to the allotted college/institute. It is mandatory for all the candidates have to appear for TNEA counselling 2017 in person along with all the requisite documents (in original) and call letter provided by the authority. Based on the merit and communal reservation, the branch/campus chosen by the candidate are allotted. Candidates have to opt for campus and branches that are available at the time of TNEA 2017 counselling. Candidates have to deposit an amount of Rs 5000 for general and Rs 1000 for SC/ST candidates by Cash or DD drawn in favour of “The Director, Admissions, Anna University” payable at Chennai and produce all the original certificates during counselling. All the eligible candidates who have applied may appear for TNEA 2017 counselling according to their cut-off mark, two hours before the counselling session on the scheduled dates in the downloaded counselling call letter. Candidates can check TNEA 2017 Counselling procedure, registration and choice filling, counselling fees, seat allotment, cutoff marks from the article given below.
Latest– TNEA 2017 Counselling Letter (Published)- Download Here
TNEA 2017 Counselling Dates
Counselling Venue: Centre for Entrance Examinations & Admissions, Anna University, Chennai – 600 025.
|Dates||Time||Session Cutoff marks|
|July 23, 2017||10.00 AM||199.75|
|July 24, 2017||7.00 AM||197.25|
|July 25, 2017||7.00 AM||193.75|
|July 26, 2017||7.00 AM||190.50|
|July 27, 2017||7.00 AM||187.00|
|July 28, 2017||7.00 AM||183.00|
|July 29, 2017||7.00 AM||178.50|
|July 30, 2017||7.00 AM||174.00|
|July 31, 2017||7.00 AM||169.50|
|August 1, 2017||7.00 AM||165.00|
|August 02, 2017||7.00 AM||160.25|
|August 03, 2017||7.00 AM||154.75|
|August 04, 2017||7.00 AM||149.00|
|August 05, 2017||7.00 AM||143.50|
|August 6, 2017||7.00 AM||137.75|
|August 7, 2017||7.00 AM||132.25|
|August 08, 2017||7.00 AM||125.50|
|August 09, 2017||7.00 AM||117.50|
|August 10, 2017||7.00 AM||108.00|
|August 11, 2017||7.00 AM||95.25|
|01.00 PM||All Eligible Candidates|
TNEA 2017 Counselling Dates (Vocational)
The schedule for vocational counselling of TNEA 2017 is given below:
|Dates||Time||Session Cutoff Marks|
|July 17, 2017||10:30 am||All differently abled candidates|
|July 18, 2017||7:30 am||141.00|
|2:00 pm||All eligible candidates|
TNEA 2017 Counselling Schedule
Below are the important dates related to TNEA Counselling 2017:
|1.||TNEA Vocational Counselling 2017||July 17 & 18, 2017|
|2.||TNEA 2017 Counselling for differently abled candidates||July 19, 2017|
|3.||Document verifications for sports applicants||July 19 & 20, 2017|
|4.||TNEA Counselling 2017 for Sports candidates||July 21, 2017|
|5.||Academic stream counselling (General candidates)||July 23 to August 11, 2017|
|6.||Supplementary counselling registration||August 16, 2017|
|7.||Supplementary counselling||August 17, 2017|
|8.||SC and SCA counselling||August 18, 2017|
|9.||Counselling for B.Arch||August 19, 2017|
Documents Required for TNEA 2017 Counselling
Candidates have to deposit their original certificates for verification during the counselling of TNEA. The list of documents is as follows:
- Photocopy of Class X mark sheet
- Mark sheet of Class X/Diploma/Equivalent
- Photocopy of Class XII/Diploma/Equivalent admit card
- JEE Main 2017 mark sheet
- Permanent Community Certificate Card for candidates belonging to ST, SC, SCA, MBC & DNC, BC, and BCM
- Transfer Certificate
- First Graduate certificate and First Graduate Joint Declaration (if applicable)
- Nativity certificate (if applicable)
TNEA 2017 Counselling Steps
Below are steps for TNEA counselling 2017 process that the candidates must complete for admission in the institutes of Tamil Nadu
- TNEA 2017 Registration and Submission of Application
- TNEA 2017 Application scrutiny
- Issuance of Random number and publication of Rank
- Downloading of TNEA 2017 counselling call letter
- Single window counselling
TNEA 2017 Counselling Procedure
The Counselling of TNEA 2017 was started in five steps. The call letter for the TNEA counselling 2017 was dispatched in offline mode after the declaration of rank list. The online counselling has started from July 17, 20, 7 in the given schedule. Refer to the steps mentioned below to know the detailed counselling procedure of TNEA 2017:
TNEA 2017 Registration and Submission
A link to fill TNEA application form 2017 was available in online mode. Candidates were required to register for admission in the online mode. Candidates had to fill up the application form and submit it either in person or by post along with photocopies of mark sheet, age proof and xerox of all other relevant certificates on or before 10 days from the publication of HSC result.
TNEA 2017 Rank List and Random Number
The rank list of TNEA was publsihed in online mode. The candidates included in the rank list were provided with the TNEA call letter. A random number was issued to the candidates to appear in the counselling.
TNEA 2017 Counselling Call Letter
Candidates were sent the counselling call letter individually to the qualified candidates. The TNEA Counselling call letter contained date, venue and timings of TNEA counselling 2017 imprinted on it. Candidates were also able to download the call letter if only that have secured a rank as per rank list.
TNEA Single Window Counselling 2017
- The counselling will be done through a single window system.
- Based on the merit and communal reservation, candidates will be allotted seats to the preferred colleges and branch.
- Candidates have to choose the name of the college and branch at the time of TNEA counselling 2017.
- Candidates have to reach for the counselling of TNEA 2017 two hours prior to the commencement of the counselling session.
- Candidates have to pay an initial TNEA counselling fee by cash or DD in favour of “The Secretary (TNEA), Anna University” payable at Chennai.
Payment of TNEA 2017 Counselling Fee
TNEA 2017 Counselling Fees
|General candidates||Rs 5000|
|SC/ SCA/ ST belonging to Tamil Nadu||Rs 1000|
Document Verification for TNEA 2017 Counselling
- Candidates had to bring all the documents in original along with the photocopies after payment
- Candidates had to submit all the important documents for verification at the time of TNEA counselling.
- If any candidate had deposited the documents in original then such candidates can produce xerox copies of the same. However, the photocopy will be accepted along with a written application from the head of that particular institution.
TNEA Seat Allotment 2017
- Aspirants are provided seat on the basis of the choices of the preferences of colleges and courses.
- At the time of counselling, candidates must submit five to ten choices of the institutes as per the preferences.
- Candidates had to make three choices of the courses out of which only one subject will be allotted.
- After TNEA seat allotment 2017 process, candidates must take printout of the allotment letter and report to the allotted institute.
For any query or doubt regarding TNEA 2017 Counselling, drop a comment below.
Keep visiting engg.entrancecorner.com for more updates on TNEA Admission 2017