TNEA 2017 Counselling – The counselling of TNEA 2017 will be conducted by the Anna University in the month of July/August 2017. The candidates will be called for the TNEA counselling on the basis of the merit list prepared as per the JEE Main 2017 scores. Candidates have to select the name of the colleges and branches at the time of counselling. The TNEA counselling 2017 will be held in several rounds for candidates belonging to various categories. The counselling procedure includes application issuance and collection, application scrutiny, publication of random number, dispatch of counselling letter etc. It is mandatory for each and every applicant to attend the counselling in person and remit the required fee and documents. The counselling of TNEA will be conducted for admission into undergraduate engineering programmes offered by round 50 Government and Private engineering institutes. For more information about TNEA 2017 counselling, read the article given below on this page.
TNEA 2017 Counselling
The tentative schedule of TNEA 2017 counselling is given below in the table:
|S.No.||TNEA 2017 Counselling Events||Important Dates|
|01||Publication of rank list||3rd week of June 2017|
|02||Counselling for eminent sports person||4th week of June 2017|
|03||Counselling for differently abled person||4th week of June 2017|
|04||General counselling||1st week of July 2017 onwards|
TNEA 2017 Counselling Procedure
The counselling process of TNEA 2017 includes the following steps:
- Application issue and collection
- Application scrutiny
- Random number and rank publication
- Dispatch of the counselling call letter
- Single window counselling
Important Points of TNEA 2017 Counselling
Candidates who have applied for TNEA admission 2017 must go through the important details of counselling of TNEA 2017 given below:
- The counselling will be done through a single window system.
- Based on the merit and communal reservation, candidates will be allotted seats to the preferred colleges and branch.
- Candidates have to choose the name of the college and branch at the time of TNEA counselling 2017.
- Candidates have to reach for the counselling of TNEA 2017 two hours prior to the commencement of the counselling session.
- Candidates have to pay an initial TNEA counselling fee of Rs. 5000 (Rs.1000 for SC/ST candidates) by cash or DD in favour of “The Secretary (TNEA), Anna University” payable at Chennai.
- Candidates have to submit all the important documents for verification at the time of TNEA counselling.
- If any candidate has deposited original certificates in an institution where he/she has been taken admission, he/she can bring the attested copies of the same. They also have to produce a letter from the head of that particular institution.
- Candidates who have submitted the attested photocopies of certificates will be provided with the provisional allotment order only after all the original certificates are submitted by the student.
- If any candidate is unable to attend the counselling due to any unavoidable reason, they can authorise their parents to take part in the counselling on their behalf.
- If a candidate could not attend TNEA counselling 2017 on the specified date and time, they can attend on a subsequent date and time during the counselling period. However, the candidates will be able to take admission only in those courses and institutes where seats are available.
- After the candidates are allocated seats, the fee amount paid at the time of counselling will be adjusted in the tuition fee.
- If any candidate does not join after the seat allotment and seeks a refund, only 80% of the initial deposit will be refunded.
Documents Required for TNEA 2017 Counselling
Candidates have to deposit their original certificates for verification during the counselling of TNEA. The list of documents is as follows:
- Class X mark sheet
- Mark sheet of Class X/Diploma/Equivalent
- Class XII/Diploma/Equivalent admit card
- JEE Main 2017 mark sheet
- Permanent Community Certificate Card for candidates belonging to ST, SC, SCA, MBC & DNC, BC, and BCM
- Transfer Certificate
- First Graduate certificate and First Graduate Joint Declaration (if applicable)
- Nativity certificate (if applicable)
For any query or doubt regarding TNEA 2017 Counselling, drop a comment below.
Keep visiting engg.entrancecorner.com for more updates on TNEA Admission 2017