TNEA Admission 2017: The Tamil Nadu Engineering Admissions (TNEA) to be conducted by Anna University for admission into various undergraduate engineering courses in the state. TNEA 2017 will be the basis for admission into an approximate number of 570 participating institutes. The application form of TNEA will be released on May 01, 2017. The entire application process will be carried out in the online mode and candidates have to register on or before May 31, 2017. Anna University will not hold any entrance test. TNEA Admission 2017 will be done solely on the basis of candidate’s performance in class XII boards or equivalent examination. Moreover, candidates will require fulfilling all of the eligibility criteria set by the admission authority for admission through TNEA 2017. Based on the performance of candidates in the qualifying examination, the admission committee will prepare the rank list of TNEA. On the basis of the rank list, candidates will be called for TNEA 2017 counselling which will be held from June 27, in the offline mode. Interested candidates may read the article given below to know all important information about TNEA 2017 such as important dates, eligibility criteria, application form, rank list and more.
Exam Name: Tamil Nadu Engineering Admission (TNEA) 2017.
Conducting Institute: Anna University, Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
TNEA 2017 Salient Features
- Through TNEA Admission 2017, around 570 engineering institutes will fill up their seats by offering admission to students based on their performance in class XII or its equivalent examination.
- Candidates have to fulfil all the norms defined by the University to be eligible for TNEA 2017 admission
- The registration and application procedure of TNEA 2017 admission will be done online.
- After filling up TNEA 2017 application form, candidates will require submitting it either in person or by post.
- The rank list of eligible candidates will be prepared after the normalization of marks in the qualifying examination conducted by different boards.
- The Counselling and Seat Allotment of TNEA Admission 2017 will be conducted by Anna University from June 27 onwards
TNEA Admission 2017 Important Dates
The Important Dates of TNEA Admission 2017 provides the dates of all important events. Candidates must check the dates to ensure they don’t miss out any significant event related to the admission procedure.
|S.No.||TNEA Admission 2017 Event||Important Dates|
|1||Release of notification||April 30, 2017|
|2||Availability of TNEA application form||May 01, 2017|
|3||Publication of HSC results||May 12, 2017|
|4||Last date for online registration||May 31, 2017|
|5||Last date for submission of filled in application form||June 03, 2017|
|6||Issue of Random Number||June 20, 2017|
|7||Rank List release date||June 26, 2017|
|8||Counselling of TNEA Admission 2017||June 27, 2017|
TNEA Admission 2017 Participating Institutes
Candidates applying in TNEA Admission 2017 will be given seats into various courses of engineering offered by various Institutes across the state. Check the first 10 list of Participating Institutes given below:
|S No.||Name of Institutes|
|1||Noorul Islam College of Engineering, Kumarakovil|
|2||Amrita School of Engineering, Coimbatore|
|3||Vinayaka Mission’s University- Faculty of Engineering and Technology, Salem|
|4||Academy of Maritime Education and Training, Kancheepuram|
|5||Periyar Maniammai University- School of Architecture, Engineering and Technology, Thanjavur|
|6||Indian maritime University, Kacheepuram|
|7||Vels University, School of Engineering, Chennai|
|8||VIT University, Vellore|
|9||Dr. MGR Educational and Research Institute University, Faculty of Engineering and Technology, Chennai|
|10||PRIST University, Thanjavur|
TNEA Admission 2017 Eligibility
Each and every candidate has to satisfy the following condition as on the last date of online application for being eligible to apply for admission.
|Sri Lankan Refugee||Sri Lankan refugee who studied in Tamil Nadu will be considered under open competition. The following certificates need to enclosed:
|Marine Engineering Branch||
|Mining Engineering Branch||Only male candidates are eligible to apply.|
TNEA Admission 2017 Application Form
- Candidates will require registering for admission in the online mode.
- Candidates have fill up the application form and submit it either in person or by post along with photocopies of mark sheet, age proof and xerox of all other relevant certificates on or before 10 days from the publication of HSC result to the address given below:
Secretary, TNEA, Anna University
Chennai- 600 025
- Candidates will require paying the application fee via Demand Draft drawn in favour of “The Secretary (TNEA), Anna University” payable at Chennai. No other mode will be accepted for the payment of application fee.
Fee Structure of TNEA Admission 2017
|SC/ ST/ SCA||INR 250|
Candidates must enclose the following documents along with the online application form.
- Special Reservation Form(s) with DD and photocopy of relevant certificates.
- Class X Mark sheet
- Class XII Mark sheet
- Permanent Community Certificate Card for ST, SC, MBC, SCA & DNC, BCM and BC
- Transfer Certificate
- Hall Ticket of Class XII
- Nativity Certificate (if applicable)
- Sri Lankan Tamil Refugee certificate (if applicable)
- First Graduate Certificate & First Graduate Joint Declaration (if applicable)
TNEA Admission 2017 Rank List
The admission of candidates in various engineering universities and institution across the state of Tamil Nadu will be done on the basis of the rank list declared by Anna University. The ranks will be allotted to students on the basis of the scores secured by them in the qualifying examination. The normalization of marks of relevant subjects will be carried out after which the qualified students will be merged into a common merit list. Various factors including reservation criteria, community categories & inter-se merit guidelines will be taken into consideration to calculate the ranks of the candidates.
TNEA Admission 2017 Counselling
- Candidates will be called for counselling in the order of their merit and communal reservation.
- Candidates have to opt for colleges and branches at the time of counselling.
- An initial amount of Rs. 5000 is required to be paid by cash or DD. Candidates belonging to SC/ SCA/ ST category of Tamil Nadu will have to pay Rs. 1000.
- Shortlisted candidates have to appear for counselling according to their cut-off mark. They must report two hours before the counselling session.
- Candidates must carry their original certificates for verification.
- In case, a student is unable to attend the counselling on the specified date and time due to unavoidable reasons, either of the parent of that candidate can participate on his/ her behalf. The decision of the parent will be taken as final and no changes can be made later.
- If a particular candidate is unable to attend the counselling on the given date and time, he/she can attend it on a subsequent time/date, during the counselling period. But the candidate can only opt for the seats available at that time. They cannot claim seat as per original rank.
- If the rank of a candidate is changed as a result of re-totalling or revaluation of mark, he/she can attend counselling as per the new mark and rank.
TNEA Admission 2017 Seat Allotment
On the basis of the rank secured by the candidates in the merit list, the seat allotment of TNEA Admission 2017 will be conducted. Students will be allotted seats under seven categories namely OC, SC, BCM (BC Muslim), BC, MBC & DNC, ST and SCA reservation. Candidates will have to produce all relevant documents at the time of seat allotment process. Those who fail to produce the required documents will not be granted admission.
Tamil Nadu Engineering Admissions,
Chennai – 600 025
Phone: 044 – 22358265, 22358266, 22358267