Thapar B.Tech Admission 2017 will be done on the basis of JEE Main 2017 marks. Thapar University has made the application form of Thapar B.Tech admission 2017 available in online mode. Any aspirants willing for admission in engineering courses will have to fill the Thapar B.Tech admission application form 2017. The candidates can participate in online registration of Thapar B.Tech admission 2017 until April 25, 2017. The application form will be submitted only after the submission of application fee of Rs. 1500 to be remitted in online and offline mode. Before registering for Thapar B.Tech admission 2017, the candidates must ensure that they satisfy eligibility criteria set by the university. Through Thapar B.Tech 2017, the candidates will be granted admission to 06 engineering courses. For more details on application form, eligibility criteria, important dates, reservation of seats, counselling and selection process of Thapar B.Tech admission 2017, read the article below.
Latest: Thapar B.Tech 2017 Application Form Available now
Thapar B.Tech Admission 2017 – Programmes offered
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Electrical & Instrumentation Engineering
- Electronics & Communication
- Mechanical Engineering
- Department of Biotechnology
Candidates must note that admissions for Thapar University will be held through JEE main score. So candidates must look for the Important Dates of JEE Main 2017 exam to qualify for admissions/counselling process. Candidates must also fill up a separate form for Thapar B.Tech Admission 2017.
|Important Events||Important Dates|
|Application Form of JEE Main was available from||December 01, 2016|
|Last date to submit the Application Form of JEE Main 2017||January 16, 2017|
|Application Form for Thapar B.Tech University will be available from||March 23, 2017|
|Last date for the registration||April 25, 2017|
|JEE Main 2017 exam will be held on||April 2, 8 & 9, 2017|
|Results of JEE Main 2017 will be declared on||April 27, 2017|
|Counselling for Thapar University B.Tech programme will commence in||4th week of April 2017|
Candidates seeking admission in Thapar Institute must fill up the online application form. Candidates must fill all the details carefully as incomplete applications will be rejected. Below is the complete procedure to apply for admission in Thapar B.Tech University.
How to apply for Thapar B.Tech Admission 2017
- Click on the link provided above to apply for Thapar B.Tech admission 2017.
- The candidates must click on ‘Apply Now’ and must check the eligibility criteria as well.
- ‘Create new account’ for new registration and fill in the details to receive unique ‘Username’ and ‘Password’ in the registered email ID.
- Log in using the username and password for the application form of Thapar B.Tech admission 2017.
- Fill the personal & academic details, select preferences of programmes, upload the recent passport size photograph as per the specifications.
- Click on ‘Submit’ to register for Thapar B.Tech 2017 admission.
- The application fees for B.Tech Engineering course is Rs. 1500/- (non-refundable).
- Candidates can pay the fees through online mode or offline mode (Demand Draft) and the application form can be sent via Post/ Fax/Courier and also by hand.
- The printed application form should be sent to In-charge Admission Cell’ Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology University, Patiala (Punjab)-147 004.
- Candidates must attach their caste certificate, if applicable, along with the Application Form.
Note: Print the application form after payment. However, if the payment is through online mode they need not sent the application form but must keep it safely for counselling process.
Thapar B.Tech Admission 2017 – Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible for admission in Thapar University, candidates must fulfil the following eligibility criteria before filling up the application form:
- Candidate must be born on or after October 1st 1991, For St/SC/ PwD reserved category there is a relaxation of upto 5 yrs.
- Admissions are open to Indian Nationals.
- It is important for the candidates to pass the class XII Examination
- Applicants should appear in JEE Main 2017.
- Physics and Mathematics should be compulsory subjects in the qualifying examination. However, candidates must have also studied Chemistry/ Biology/Bio-Technology/Computers as optional subject.
- It is compulsory to pass with at least 60% marks in Physics, Mathematics and any of the above optional subject & 55% for ST/SC at 10+2 Standard and 20% for General and 15% marks in JEE Main 2017.
Candidate who has passed 10+2 Standard with 80% marks in Physics, Mathematics and any optional subjects & 75% for ST/SC and 15% marks for General and 10% for ST/SC in JEE Main 2017.
- Direct admission will be given to Top 5 Board Toppers passed from recognised University. But for this they have to produce relevant certificates.
- One seat is reserved for J &K and NE states. However above percentage is not applicable for this category.
- Candidate must have a good moral character.
Thapar B.Tech Admissions 2017 Reservation of Seats
There are seats reserved for ST/ SC and other categories as per the rules of Government. The candidates must look below for percentage of seats reserved out of the total seats for admission. Different percentage for special categories is given below.
|Reserved Categories||Percentage of Seats Reserved|
|Punjab State Candidates||50%|
|Punjab ST/SC categories||25%|
|Outside Punjab – ST Categories SC Categories||7.5%|
|Beneficiaries of MHRD, Government of India||10 seats|
|Jammu and Kashmir Migrants||1 seat|
|Other Backward Classes||5%|
|Physically Handicapped Candidates from Punjab & outside Punjab||3%|
|Thapar University Employers Children||1%|
Thapar B.Tech Admission 2017- Cutoff
The cutoff for Thapar University Admissions 2017 will be listed by the authority for different Undergraduate courses for session 2017-18. Candidates who have appeared in JEE Main 2017 must cjheck the cutoff list to check whether they are qualified for admission or not. The listed students will be called for counselling rounds.
There are several factors upon which the Cutoff will determine for admission . Some of the important factors are given below:
- Merit List ranking based upon the Scores of JEE Main 2017
- Reservation of Seats for different categories
- Availability of Seats
- Exam difficulty level
- Last year admission process
Note: The cutoff will be available in three lists. The first two will be declared along with the JEE Main 2017 Result and third list is expected to be available tentatively in the 2nd week of June 2017.
Thapar B.Tech Admissions 2017 Selection Process
- Candidates will be selected on the basis of the merit list prepared which will include the JEE Main 2017 Scores. However candidates must satisfy the eligibility conditions to get admission
- Candidates will be placed provisionally in the merit list that.
- Candidates will not be considered for admission if they fail to provide proof of the qualifying examination at the time of the counselling process.
- No Seats will be filled after the final counselling is over.
Tie Break Resolution
In case there is a tie, when two or more candidates get equal marks in JEE Main 2017, Inter-se Merit List will be the decided on the following grounds:
- Marks obtained in Mathematics in JEE Main 2017. Higher marks will be given preference and will get better rank
- Marks obtained in Physics in JEE Main 2017. Higher marks will be given preference and will get better rank
- Resolution by Date of Birth. Higher Age candidate will get preference than the lower age
- If the tie-breaking resolution is not fulfilled after the above conditions then the candidates will be provided with same rank.
Thapar B.Tech Admissions 2017 Counselling Process
- The University will start the counselling process tentatively from 3rd week of May 2017 for the shortlisted students who are selected on the basis of JEE Main score and also by fulfilling the eligibility criteria set by the authority.
- Candidates must note that the counselling with be held both Online and Offline modes.
- For both the modes document verification will be done in person and they need to bring the relevant documents in original and also photocopies for verification.
Venue for counselling/document verification: University Auditorium, Thapar University, Patiala
Online Counselling Process: Candidates must follow the table given below and be ready for counselling on the scheduled dates.
|Online Counselling of Thapar B.Tech Admission 2017||Dates (Tentative)|
|Display of 1st list of selected candidates with fees Confirmation Slip||3rd week of May, 2017|
|Display of 2nd list of selected candidates with fee Confirmation Slip||1st week of June to 2nd week of June 2017|
|Display of 3rd list of selected candidates with fee Confirmation Slip||3rd week of June 2017|
|Display of 4th list of selected candidates with Fee Confirmation Slip||4th week of June to 1st week of July 2017|
|Document verification of all categories through online counselling process||2nd week of July 2017|
Offline Counselling Process – Candidates must be present in person for the following rounds where admission will be given on the basis of the JEE Main 2017 scores.
|Offline Counselling Process of Thapar B.Tech Admission 2017||Dates (Tentative)|
|Toppers in J&K Category and NE States||1st week of July, 2017|
|Counselling for International Engineering Students||1st week to 2nd week of July 2017|
|For other students (Round 1)||3rd week of July 2017|
|For other students (Round 2)||4th week of July to 1st week of August 2017|
Candidates may call/mail/visit for any queries to the following details given below:
- Phone Numbers – 08288008120, 08288008121
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For Technical Support of Online Application Form:
- E-mail ID: email@example.com
- Contact Numbers : +91-99374-92177, +91-92381-06460/ +91-674-3244477
The above information is based on the data from the previous year. The updated information will be available as soon as Thapar University announces it.