TANCET 2017 Exam Pattern – Anna University has announced the Exam Pattern of TANCET 2017. The marking scheme, duration of the exam, sections, question details and more has been revealed. The candidates may check it all to know how the TANCET Exam Patter will be. During the preparation, the candidates can use these inputs to increase the efficiency and speed. Candidates should note that this article is dedicated to TANCET 2017 Exam Pattern for M.Tech/M.E/M.Arch/M.Plan. To check the exam pattern of other courses, access the link below. Read the article further to learn all the aspects of TANCET 2017 Paper Pattern.
Latest: TANCET 2017 Application Form available here
Aspirants can click here to check the exam pattern for other subjects under TANCET 2017.
Details of TANCET 2017 Exam Pattern
The candidates may check the facets of the TANCET Exam Pattern 2017 from below:
Duration: The candidates will have 2 hours to complete the examination.
Medium: The exam will be held in Offline/Pen and Paper mode.
Parts: The TANCET 2017 Question Paper will be divided into three Parts. The I and II Part are mandatory to attempt. However, in Part II the candidates will have to attempt that section which was chosen while submitting of TANCET 2017 Application Form.
Number of Questions in TANCET – In all, there will be 115 questions in the exam. The distribution of questions in each Part will be as below:
- Part I – 20 questions
- Part II – 35 questions
- Part II – 60 questions
Question Type: The questions, in all the sections, will be of Multiple Choice Type (MCQs).
Answer Options: For each questions, in TANCET 2017, four (4) answer options will be given. Out of it, only one (1) answer option will be correct.
Marks in the Exam: The total marks of the exam will be 100. The distribution of marks will be as below:
- Part I – 20 marks
- Part II – 20 marks
- Part III – 60 marks
Marking Scheme: Each question will be of one (1) marks. The marks will only be awarded when the correct answer option will be chosen by the candidate. For marking the incorrect answer, negative marking will be done. The marks deducted for negative marking will 1/3. If the questions will be left unmarked then the marks will neither be deducted or added.
The tabular representation will assist candidates in understanding the TANCET 2017 Exam Pattern better.
|S.No||Part||No. of Questions||Marks Per Question||Total Marks|
|Total||115 MCQs||100 marks|
Complexity in Part II
It is very evident from the table above that in Part II, for 35 questions 1 mark will be allotted but the total marks for the section is 20. Such is because only the first 20 correct answers will be considered. The marks for the remaining correct questions will not be awarded. However, candidates should note that the negative marking will be applicable in the entire 35 questions.
Marking Answers: As per the TANCET 2017 Exam Pattern, the candidates will have to mark the answers on an OMR sheet. In the answer sheet, four small boxes will be provided in the answer sheet, in front of each question number. The candidates will have to darken the correct box. However, candidates must ensure the following:
- Only Black Ball Point pen is to be used to darken the boxes. Answer submitted through Blue Pen or Pencil will not be evaluated.
- Marking more than one box, for an answer, will be treated as the incorrect response.
- Since, the captured responses will be scanned and evaluated through the computer, there should not be any extra mark on it. Even a minute pen mark will be considered by the system and will lead to incorrect TANCET 2017 Result.
- The answer will not be considered if the box is not darkened completely. Half or light shading will also not be considered.
Question Booklet: There will be numerous versions of the Question Booklet, for each subject. It will be differentiated with a unique serial number. Hence, it is mandatory that the candidates write and shade the serial number on the answer sheet. It is vital that the candidates do pay attention while mentioning the serial number because the incorrect number will lead to incorrect evaluation of the scores.
Important Points Regarding TANCET 2017 Exam Pattern
The below-mentioned points are important and the candidates must take a note of these.
- The question paper will be set on the basis of undergraduate level.
- Shading multiple options will indicate that candidate has opted for more than one answer option. It will be considered as the wrong answer and for it, negative marking of 1/3 marks will be done.
- If a candidate will opt for that section of Part II, which was not chosen during the registration, then the performance will not be evaluated. The entire Part will not be checked.
Stay updated with engg.entrancecorner.com. Ask your queries by leaving a comment below