SRMJEEE 2017 will be conducted in the online mode by the SRM University from April 1 to 30, 2017. The examination will be held for admission into various B.Tech courses offered across four campuses of the University. The application form is now available online. The link to apply for the entrance exam has been provided below. Before applying for SRMJEEE 2017, aspirants must ensure that they are eligible for the examination. This year, some new changes has also been made. Interested candidates can avail detailed information about SRMJEEE 2017 important dates, eligibility criteria, application procedure and more from the article given below on this page.
What’s new in SRMJEEE 2017?
- For the academic session 2017- 18, candidates can appear for the examination twice.
- The first entrance test will begin in the month of April. SRM University will conduct the test again in the month of May till June in order to fill up the seats which will remain vacant after the 1st counselling.
- The application form is only available online.
- This year, SRMJEE has reduced the Exam Centres from 150 to 116. Now, there are total of 116 Exam Centres for appearing in SRMJEE 2017 and 5 International Exam Centres
- Unlike the previous year, there will be no negative marking for an incorrect response.
- Last year, the minimum qualifying marks for Kattankulathur campus was 65% and for the rest of the campuses, it was 60%. This year, for Kattankulathur, Vadapalani and Ramapuram campuses, the minimum qualifying marks is 60% and for NCR, Delhi campus it is 55%.
- For encouraging the students of high calibre, SRM University will offer direct admission as well as scholarships to students securing first rank in the qualifying examination of all the central and state boards in India, top 1000 rankers in IIT JEE, top rankers in each district of Tamil Nadu and excellent sports person who have played at National and International level.
Latest: SRMJEEE 2017 Application Form Available Now
Salient Features of SRMJEEE 2017
Exam Name: SRM Joint Engineering Entrance Examination
Conducting Body: SRM University
Level: University Level
SRMJEEE 2017 Programmes Offered
The UG engineering program is only offered in SRM Kattankulathur, Ramapuram, Chennai, Ramapuram Part- Vadapalani, and NCR Campuses. In each of these campuses, the B.Tech will be provided in the below mentioned specialisations.
|3.||Ramapuram Part: Vadapalani Campus||
The important dates of SRMJEEE 2017 are as mentioned below:
|Registration of application form||November 18, 2016|
|Last date to receive the application form||4th week of March 2017|
|Beginning of Slot booking||4th week of March 2017|
|Downloading of admit card/hall ticket||4th week of March 2017|
|SRMJEEE 2017 will be held on||April 1 to 30, 2017|
|Test Date For Filling lapsed/ cancelled seats||May 1 to June 30, 2017|
|Announcement of SRMJEEEE 2017 Result and counselling information||May 2, 2017|
|SRMJEEE 2017 Counselling:
Counselling I (In- campus)
Counselling II (Online)
| May 5 to May 9 2017 (Tentative)
May 11, 2017 onwards (Tentative)
Note: Candidates can take maximum two retakes of the examination of SRMJEEE 2017
There are certain conditions candidates need to fulfil to take SRMJEEE 2017. These are being discussed below:
- The candidate should be a citizen of India/NRI/PIO/OCI.
- The age of the candidates should not be more than 17 years, as on December 31, 2017.
- The candidate must have passed their 10+2/equivalent with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/Biology as core subjects.
- To receive admission in Kattankulathur, Ramapuram, or Vadapalani campus, the minimum marks in 10+2 should be more than 60%. However, for Delhi-NCR campus the criteria is 55%.
- Toppers in central and state board, top 1000 IIT-JEE rank holders, toppers in each district of Tamil Nadu, and excellent sports person who have performed at National and International level will be granted direct admission.
Note: For other campuses and SRM University Haryana, candidates have to score 60% aggregate marks in PCM or PCB.
The application form of SRMJEEE 2017 will be available online and offline. However, the candidates will be allowed to submit it via one medium only. Submitting two form will harm the candidature. In both, the online and offline application form of SRMJEEE 2017 the candidates will have to submit authentic personal, educational, and communicational details. The University will only accept the application form if it, along with the application fee, will be submitted in the prescribe format.
Candidates have to select from a total of 116 exam centres across India and 5 international exam centres in Dubai, Muscat, Doha, Bahrain and Kuwait to appear in SRMJEE 2017. Out of which candidates have to select at least three city preferences. Applicants will be allotted exam centres according to their preferences.
It is to be noted here that SRMJEEE will be conducted in the online mode for which candidates need to book the slot. It is expected that slot booking will start from 4th week of March 2017. The entrance exam will be held over the period of few days, in each day there will be three slots. Candidates can book the slot as per their convenience.
The admit card will be issued to the candidates immediately after the slot booking. At most, it can take 24 hours from the slot booking to issue the hall ticket. The admit card of SRMJEEE 2017 will contain the following information
- Name of the candidate
- Photograph and address of the candidate
- Address of the test centre allotted and test schedule.
Download the admit card and keep safely with yourself. It is compulsory for the candidates to bring the admit card along with ID proof (bearing photograph and date of birth) to the examination hall.
The Sample Papers of SRMJEEE 2017 will give aspirants a prior experience of the entrance exam. After covering the prescribed syllabus , candidates must ensure to solve sample papers. It will help candidates to analyse their preparation level. They will also identify the format of the question paper. Regular practice of sample papers will improve the accuracy and speed level of the candidates. It will also make students identify their weak points and strengthen them. Therefore, aspirants must download SRMJEEE 2017 Sample Papers and practice it to ace the entrance test.
The SRMJEEE 2017 will be held from April 01 to 30, 2017. Below is the pattern of question paper of SRMJEEE
|S. No.||Subject||Number of Questions||Marks per Question||Marks|
The paper will be of 315 total number of marks. No negative marking will be done for the incorrect answers.
The exam centre will be allocated by the examination authority. Candidates need to enter their choice of exam centre at the time of filling the application form. The authority will try to allocate the centre of the candidate’s choice but they may get another centre also.
The Result of SRMJEEE will be declared on May 2, 2017. The candidates appearing for the exam can check their result by using the Registration Number and Date of Birth. Along with the result, the University will also notify about the counselling. After the result, the rank list will be published based on which the counselling of SRMJEEE 2017 will be conducted.
- Candidates will be invited for the counseling session on the basis of marks obtained in SRMJEEE 2017.
- The counselling will be conducted in two rounds.
- The 1st round of counselling will be conducted in the campus. Candidates have to attend the counselling in person.
- The 2nd round of counselling will be held online. It will be conducted only for those programmes where vacancy exist.
- Candidates have to fill in their choices of branch at the time of counselling.
- Upon selection of branch, candidates have to pay full tution fees and other applicable fees at the time of counselling.
For further discussion and any other query, comment below.