SRMJEEE 2017 Eligibility Criteria is the requirement set by the SRM University to apply for the entrance exam and attend the counselling/admission process. Eligibility contains nationality, age ,educational qualification, admission criteria etc. All the candidates must satisfy the Eligibility Criteria of SRMJEEE 2017 before applying and if they are found ineligible they will not be selected for admission. Candidates are advised to check the complete information about SRMJEEE 2017 Eligibility Criteria provided on this page.
SRMJEEE 2017 Eligibility Criteria
Both the National and Internation (NRI) candidates can apply. Other international candidates such as Person of Indian Origin (PIO) or Overseas Citizens of India(OCI) are also eligible to apply.If they have not taken the SRMJEEE they must apply under International Student category.
- Candidates will only be eligible if they have completed 17 years of age until December 31 of the admission year.However, all the candidates will be verified by their Class X and XII Marksheet that is to be uploaded at the time of SRMJEEE 2017 Application Form fill up.
- If any discrepancies are found then their application forms will be rejected.
There are different educational qualification requirements for four campuses for all the B.tech programmes offered in SRM University as follows
For Kattankulathur, Ramapuram, Vadapalani
- Candidates must get minimum aggregate marks of 60% in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/Biology.
- The candidates must pass a higher secondary examination in the current academic year 2017-18 with the above subjects as compulsory subjects in the science stream from any state board within India,CBSE,ISCE,Matriculation or NIOS.
- For International Baccalaureate(IB) of A-Level with PCM passed out from International Schools within India.
For NCR,Delhi Campus
- Candidates must get a minimum of 55% aggregate marks in PCM/PCB.
- Note: The candidates who have qualified in their final examination in not more than 2 attempts including improvement are only eligible for admission in the campuses of SRM University.
SRMJEEE 2017 Direct Admission
- The University has set the provision for direct admission to encourage and uplift the talents of the students.Following are the conditions for admitting directly the students in the four campuses.
- The candidates need to pass from any Central or State Boards in India.
- Direct Admission will be provided to the First Rank Holders and scholarships will also be awarded.
- The Top 1000 rank holders in IIT-JEE will be given direct admissions provided they fulfil the above eligibility conditions.
- Top ranks in Tamil Nadu district will be given direct direction.
- The candidates belonging from Sports category at National and International level will also be eligible for direct admission.
Important Information on Eligibility Criteria of SRMJEEE 2017
- It is necessary for all the candidates to check the whether they satisfy the eligibility conditions for admission or not. Candidates who are appearing in the SRMJEEE 2017 and counselling does not confirm eligibility of the candidates.
- The percentage of marks required/CGPA obtained in their final year by the candidate will be notified by the University.
- The marks calculated as aggregate marks must be calculated up to 3 decimal points and it must not be rounded off to the nearest integer number.
- It is mandatory for all the direct admission seekers to submit the documents in original before the specified time given by the SRM University.
- The programmes may be changed/removed in according to its viability.