SET 2017 – Symbiosis Entrance Test (SET) for the academic session 2017-18 will be conducted on May 6, 2017 for admissions into 05 engineering courses offered by the Symbiosis Institute of Technology. The application form has been made available from December 26, 2016 and the last date to apply is April 13, 2017 (12: 00 AM). Only the registered candidates can download SET admit card 2017 in online mode from April 22. Apart from SET 2017, candidates will also be selected for admission through JEE Main 2017 and MHT CET 2017. Admission to around 400 students will be based on their ranking in examination. The admission committee will conduct counselling session for admission procedure. All the interested students can get complete information about eligibility criteria, important dates, application form, counselling etc. related to SET 2017 in the article given below on this page.
Latest: SET 2017 Admit Card is available now – Click here
Exam Name: Symbiosis Entrance Test (SET) 2017.
Conducting Institute: Symbiosis Institute of Technology, Pune.
SET 2017 Salient Features:
- SET 2017 will be conducted for admission to five undergraduate engineering courses offered by the institute.
- Candidates have to fulfil the norms prescribed by the institute for being eligible for admission.
- Selection for admission will be done through SET 2017 and through JEE Main 2017/ MHT CET 2017.
- The counselling of candidates applying through the entrance test conducted by symbiosis and through JEE Main 2017/ MHT CET 2017 will be held on different dates.
- Candidates must be physically present at the time of counselling with all the necessary documents.
SET 2017 Programmes
Symbiosis Institute of Technology offers admission to the following five B.Tech programmes:
|S No||Name of B.Tech Programmes||Total no. of Seats|
|01||Computer Science Engineering||60|
|03||Electronics and Telecommunications Engineering||120|
SET 2017 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates have to meet the following requirements of Symbiosis Institute of Technology to be eligible for admission in the institute:
SET 2017 Important Dates
The Important Dates of SET 2017 is the schedule of the entrance exam. Candidates must go through the important dates to eliminate the chance of missing out any important event related to the examination.
|SET Admission 2017|
|01||Application form is available from||December 26, 2016 (Monday)11:30 am|
|02||Last date to apply for SET 2017||April 13, 2017 (Thursday)12:00 Midnight|
|03||Payment of Application Fees will be closed on||April 17, 2017 (Monday),12:00 Midnight|
|04||Admit will be made available from||April 22, 2017|
|05||Last date to download SET 2017 Admit Card||May 06, 2017|
|06||SET 2017 Exam to be held on||May 6, 2017 2:30 pm to 5:00 pm|
|07||SET 2017 Result||May 19, 2017|
|08||SET 2017 Counselling||June 04, 2017|
|09||Online payment closes for institutes||May16, 2017|
|SET Admission through JEE Main 2017|
|01||JEE Main 2017 online registration starts from||December 01, 2016|
|02||Last date for online form submission||January 02, 2017|
|03||JEE Main 2017 offline Examination (Paper I and II)||April 02, 2017|
|04||JEE Main 2017 online Examination||April 08 & 09, 2017|
|05||Last date to apply online and payment of application fee for admission to SIT||June 9, 2017|
|06||Reporting at institute for counselling||June 11 , 2017|
|SET Admission through MHT CET 2017|
|01||Opening date of online registration and application process||February 14, 2017|
|02||Last date of online registration and application process||March 23, 2017|
|03||MHT CET 2017 exam date||May 11, 2017|
|04||Last date to apply online and payment of application fee for admission to SIT||June 9, 2017|
|05||Reporting at the Institute for counselling||June 11 , 2017|
SET 2017 Selection Procedure:
Candidates will be shortlisted for admission on the basis of rank obtained in SET 2017 or All India Rank in JEE Main 2017 or scores obtained in MHT CET 2017.
Admission through SET 2017 and admission through JEE Main 2017/ MHT CET 2017 will be held separately.
SET 2017 Application Form:
- Candidates have to register online and fill up the application form.
- After filling up all the details, candidates have to upload their latest scanned passport sized photograph.
SET 2017 Application Fee Rs 1500/-
- The candidates will have to pay the above application fees after filling up the form through any of the payment options mentioned below.
- The application fee can be paid online using Credit/Debit Card or through net banking. Candidates can also pay it through demand draft or directly in cash at any branch of the Indian Bank or Axis Bank.
- The demand draft for Rs. 1500/- from any Nationalized Bank in favour of “Symbiosis Test Secretariat” payable at Pune.
SET 2017 Exam Centres:
Symbiosis Institute of Technology, Pune will conduct the entrance test in various centres across the country. Centres will be allotted to the candidates as per the centres selected at the time of filling up the application form. Check the name of centres in the table given below:
|S No||Name of Cities|
SET 2017 Reservation of Seats
|S.NO.||Categories||Percentage of Seats reserved|
|4||Kashmiri Migrants||2 seats per programme|
Note: All the candidates must submit the documents during the PI-WAT
SET 2017 Admit Card
- The SET admit card has been issued online on April 22, 2017.
- Candidates who have successfully applied for SET 2017 will be issued admit cards.
- The admit card of SET will be available only through the online mode.
- Candidates can download SET admit card by entering SET user ID and password.
- Candidates must ensure to download the admit card before the examination date.
- Without the admit card, no student will be allowed to appear for the examination.
The candidates must bring acceptable photo identity from any one of the following:
- Driving license
- College/ Institute Identity Card
- Credit card with photograph
- Voter ID Card
- Pan Card
- Aadhar Card (UID)
SET 2017 Syllabus
For SET 2017, candidates have to cover the syllabus prescribed for Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics in class XI and XII.
SET 2017 Exam Pattern
The Exam Pattern of SET 2017 comprises the format of the question paper such as total no. of questions, type of questions, duration etc. Check details below:
|Total no. of papers||One|
|Mode of Examination||Offline|
|Type of Questions||Multiple choice questions (MCQs)|
|Total no. Of Questions||Physics: 25
|Marking scheme||Each question will be allotted two marks. There is no negative marking for wrong answers.|
SET 2017 Result
The Result of SET 2017 will be declared by the Symbiosis Institute of Technology, Pune, on May 19, 2017. Candidates must check the result and download it for future correspondence.
SET 2017 Rank List
The Rank List of SET will be published along with the result though the online mode. It will be prepared on the basis of scores obtained by the students in the entrance test. Admission to various engineering branches will be done on the basis of SET 2017 Rank List.
SET 2017 Counselling
The counselling will be done separately for candidates applying for admission through SET 2017 and for candidates applying through JEE Main 2017 & MHT CET 2017. Seats will be allotted to the desirable candidates on the basis of marks/ rank scored in their respective entrance examination. Each and every student must report in person for the counselling.
Symbiosis International University
Near Lupin research Park, Gram: Lavale,
Tal: Mulshi, Pune 412 115
Admission inquiry no. : +91 20 29116300
Fax No. : +91 20 39116460
Official Website: www.sitpune.edu.in