SET 2017 Eligibility Criteria is a set of conditions defined by the Symbiosis Institute of Technology, Pune that candidates need to fulfil for admission. Only those candidates who satisfy the norms will be allotted seats into various engineering courses offered by the University. The registration has already been started and the last date to apply is April 13, 2017. Aspirants must check the Eligibility Criteria of SET 2017 before applying for the entrance test. In the article given below on this page, candidates can find details about the rules defined for both Indian and International students. The detailed SET 2017 Eligibility Criteria is given below.
SET 2017 Eligibility Criteria
Aspirants must read the eligibility criteria before applying for SET 2017. After the final submission of application form, if any candidate is found to be ineligible, it will lead to the rejection of the application. The application fee will not be refunded either. SET 2017 Eligibility criteria for both Indian and International candidates is given below:
- Candidates must qualify 10+2 or any equivalent examination with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with Chemistry/ Biology/ Biotechnology/ Technical Vocational subject as an optional subject.
- In the qualifying examination, the minimum aggregate marks must be at least 45% in the above mentioned subjects taken together.
- For SC and ST candidates, the minimum aggregate required to be eligible is 40% in the above mentioned subjects taken together.
- Candidates have to qualify in SET 2017/JEE Main 2017 or MHT CET 2017 and score good marks.
International Students (Foreign Nationals/Non Resident Indians/PIO)
- Candidates must qualify 10+2 or equivalent examination with Physics, Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with Biotechnology/Chemistry/ Technical vocational/ Biology as an optional subject.
- In the qualifying examination, candidates must obtain at least 45% marks in the above mentioned subjects taken together.
- Candidates belonging to SC/ST category must score a minimum aggregate of 40% in the above mentioned subjects taken together.
- Candidates do not have to appear for the entrance examination such as SET/JEE Main/MHT CET in India.
- International students also have to meet the eligibility as per SCIE norms.
SET 2017 Reservation of Seats
A certain number of seats are reserved for candidates belonging to specific categories. The reservation criteria defined by the Symbiosis Institute of Technology, Pune is given below:
Reservation within sanctioned intake
|S.No.||Category||Reservation of Seats (in Percentage)|
|03||Differently able students||3%|
Over and above sanctioned intake
|S.No.||Category||Reservation of Seats|
|01||Kashmiri Migrants||2 seats|
|02||International Students (NRI/Foreign/PIO)||15%|
Keep visiting engg.entrancecorner.com for more updates on SET 2017