SASTRA University B.Tech 2017 Counselling – The counselling of SASTRA University is conducted offline at the SASTRA University campus from June 19 onwards. SASTRA University B.Tech 2017 counselling is being held for admission to a total number of 14 B.Tech courses offered by the University. Candidates are shortlisted on the basis of marks obtained in JEE Main 2017 and in class XII boards. The selection of students for SASTRA University B.Tech counselling is done through two streams. 70% of the seats are being filled through stream I and the remaining 30% seats through stream II. The application form to apply for SASTRA University B.Tech counselling was available from April 5 to June 10, 2017. The counselling call letter has been made available to all the candidates and the link to download the same is provided on this page. Candidates have to report at the University campus for the counselling of SASTRA University B.Tech counselling 2017. Seats to the desired branch will be allotted after the verification of documents and only if candidates meet the eligibility norms set by the University. Interested candidates can check the schedule, registration process etc. of SASTRA University B.Tech 2017 counselling from the article given below on this page.
SASTRA University B.Tech 2017 Counselling Dates
Check the schedule of SASTRA University B.Tech 2017 counselling from the table given below:
|1.||AIR 1 to AIR 300||09:05 to 11:15||June 19, 2017 [ Stream I ]|
|2.||AIR 301 to AIR 600||11:30 to 13:30|
|3.||AIR 601 to AIR 900||14:00 to 16:00|
|4.||AIR 901 to AIR 1200||16:15 to 18:15|
|5.||AIR 1201 to AIR 1600||09:05 to 11:15||June 20, 2017 [ Stream I ]|
|6.||AIR 1601 to AIR 2000||11:30 to 13:30|
|7.||TNR 342 to TNR 642||14:00 to 16:00|
|8.||TNR 643 to TNR 920||16:15 to 18:15|
|9.||TNR 921 to TNR 1201||09:05 to 11:15||June 21, 2017 [ Stream I ]|
|10.||TNR 1202 to TNR 1500||11:30 to 13:30|
|11.||TRY 130 to TRY 350||14:00 to 16:00|
|12.||TNJ 43 to TNJ 325||16:15 to 18:15|
|13.||AIR 1 to AIR 335||09:05 to 11:15||June 22, 2017 [ Stream II ]|
|14.||AIR 336 to AIR 778||11:30 to 13:30|
|15.||TNR 8 to TNR 458||14:00 to 16:00|
|16.||TRY 52 to TRY 161||16:15 to 18:15|
|17.||TNJ 26 to TNJ 151||16:15 to 18:15|
Note: For Day 2 & 3, students are called based on their TN Rank / TNJ Rank / TRY Rank. The All India category is expected to be filled on Day 1 itself. If there is a vacancy under the all India stream, eligible students will be called for 2nd round of counselling.
SASTRA University Seat Matrix- Stream I (as on June 21, 2017)
|7.||Computer Science and Engineering||0||0||0||0|
|8.||Electrical and Electronics Engineering||0||0||0||0|
|9.||Electronics and Communication Engineering||0||0||0||0|
|10.||Electronnics and Instrumentation Engineering||0||0||0||0|
|11.||Infomation and Communication Technology||0||0||0||0|
SASTRA University B.Tech 2017 Counselling Call Letter
The SASTRA University B.Tech 2017 counselling letter for candidates who have successfully registered for admission has ben released along with the rank list. Candidates have to click on the link given below and enter their application number or date of birth to download counselling call letter.
SASTRA University B.Tech 2017 Admission Selection Procedure
SASTRA University B.Tech 2017 Admission will be based on ranks secured by candidates under the following two streams:
- Candidates will be admitted on the basis of marks obtained in JEE Main 2017 and in the qualifying examination.
- The aggregate of JEE Main 2017 scores and normalized class XII marks will be taken together to prepare the rank of the applicants.
- The weightage for JEE Main 2017 and normalised class XII aggregate marks will be 25% and 75% respectively.
- Applicants under stream I will fill up 70% of the seats.
- Admission under this stream will be done on the basis of the normalized aggregate marks obtained in class XII boards or its equivalent examination.
- The remaining 30% seats will be filled by the applicants under stream II.
Documents for SASTRA University B.Tech 2017 Counselling
Candidates have to submit the following documents during the counselling of SASTRA University B.Tech 2017:
- Class X mark sheet
- Class XII mark sheet
- JEE Main score card (if applicable)
- Transfer certificate
- Conduct Certificate
- Migration Certificate (if applicable)
- A recent coloured passport photo
SASTRA University B.Tech 2017 Counselling Procedure
- The 1st round of counselling for stream I have started from June 19 to 21. Whereas, candidates belonging to stream II have to report for the counselling on June 22, 2017. Details are as follows:
- Candidates are called for counselling purely on All India Rank also includes students with TN & TNJ / TRY ranks. Students with TN / TRY / TNJ ranks and excellent AIR are admitted under the All India category only
- Candidates who are eligible for counselling under both the stream are being called for both the counselling. The candidate can get admitted to the desired branch during the Stream I counselling.
- Candidate can skip stream I counselling and attend Stream 2 counselling alone or vice-versa
- It is mandatory for candidates to be present in person for the counselling. If due to any unavoidable circumstances, the candidate is not able to attend; either the father or the mother or legal guardian with proper documents will have to attend the counselling. Candidates have to report 30 minutes before the start of the counselling session. Late-comers will be allowed only during the next batch and can seek admission only for the branches available during that time.
- Candidates who do not appear the entire day for the counselling cannot appear for any of the subsequent counselling sessions.
- Candidates should have enough copies of the original mark sheets, transfer certificate, conduct certificate, migration certificate and other documents before they submit the original during the time of counselling.
- If any candidate has secured admission in a different institution & is unable to produce original documents, he/she is expected to bring a copy of the admission letter, acknowledgement from the institution for receiving documents and fee receipt
SASTRA University B.Tech 2017 Counselling Fee
Candidates who have been allotted seat to a particular branch have to pay the following fees only in the form of Demand Draft, favouring SASTRA, payable at Thanjavur.
|S.No.||Fee Details||Fee Amount|
|1.||Tuition Fee (Per semester)||Rs. 55,000|
|2.||Development Fee (one time payment at the time of admission)||Rs. 10,000|
|3.||Miscellaneous (one time payment at the time of admission)||Rs. 7,000|
|Total||Rs. 72, 000|
Hostel Accommodation Fee
|S.No.||Fee Details||Fee Amount|
|1.||Hostel fee (per year)||Rs. 8,000|
|2.||Caution Deposit (Refundable)||Rs. 2,000|
|3.||Admission fees||Rs. 100|
For any query or doubt regarding SASTRA University B.Tech 2017 Counselling, drop a comment below.
Keep visiting engg.entrancecorner.com for more details on SASTRA University Admission 2017