SASTRA University B.Tech 2017 Admission for eligible candidates will be conducted by SASTRA University. The admission will be done for various four B.Tech programmes offered by the university. Candidates will be admitted on the basis of their performance either in JEE Main 2017 or Class XII boards. The application form of SASTRA University B.Tech 2017 has been made available in online and offline mode from April 05, 2017. The last date to submit the application form is June 10, 2017. The candidates must submit the online SASTRA University B.Tech application form one day before the last date of application form. The university will release the rank list of SASTRA University B.Tech 2017 on June 10. The merit list will be composed on the basis of JEE Main 2017 scores of the candidates. As per the ranks, the candidates will be called for the counselling sessions, in which the seats will be allotted. Avail all important information such as important dates, eligibility criteria, application procedure, merit list etc. of SASTRA University B.Tech 2017 Admission in the article given below on this page.
Latest: SASTRA University B.Tech 2017 Application Form available – Apply here
Conducted Body: SASTRA University
SASTRA University B.Tech 2017 Admission Salient Features:
- SASTRA University will grant admission to eligible students into its various 4 year B.Tech programmes.
- Admission will be done on the basis of students’ performance in JEE Main 2017 and Class XII boards or its equivalent examination.
- Candidates will require filling up the application form either in the online or offline mode to apply for admission in the University.
- Each and every candidate must fulfill the eligibility criteria prescribed by the University.
- The counselling will be conducted for the shortlisted candidates after the rank list is declared.
- Candidates have to report in person for the Counselling of SASTRA University B.Tech 2017 Admission.
SASTRA University B.Tech 2017 Admission Programmes
SASTRA University provides admission to various full time B.Tech courses. Check the name of the programmes in the table given below:
|S No||Name of B.Tech Programmes|
|4||Computer Science and Engineering|
|11||Electronics and Communication Engineering|
|12||Information and Communication Technology|
|13||Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering|
|14||Electrical and Electronics Engineering|
SASTRA University B.Tech 2017 Admission Eligibility Criteria
Candidates have to fulfill the prescribed criteria by the University for being eligibility for admission. Check the Eligibility Criteria of SASTRA University B.Tech 2017 in the table given below:
|Age||Candidates must be at least 19 years of age on July 1, 2017.|
SASTRA University B.Tech 2017 Admission Important Dates
Check important dates of SASTRA University B.Tech 2017 to keep track of all important events associated with it.
Note: The official dates of SASTRA University B.Tech 2017 Admission have been announced. The SASTRA University B.Tech 2017 important dates are mentioned below in the table.
|S No||Events||Important Dates|
|1||Availability of Application Form||April 05, 2017|
|2||Last Date to submit the filled- in Application Form||June 10, 2017 (06:00 pm)|
|3||Publishing of SASTRA University B.Tech 2017 Admission Rank List||June 10, 2017 (09:00 pm)|
|4||Counselling of SASTRA University B.Tech 2017 Admission||June 19, 20, 201, 22, 2017|
|5||Commencement of classes||4th week of June 2017|
SASTRA University B.Tech 2017 Admission Application Form
- The Application Form of SASTRA University B.Tech 2017 Admission has been made available from April 05, 2017.
- Candidates can fill up the application form either in online or offline mode.
- The last date to submit the application form is June 10, 2017.
- For online mode, candidates use the link provided in the article.
- The candidates will then be required to register themselves by filling the relevant information.
- Thereafter, login using the user name and password.
- Fill the personal, course choice & qualification details and upload the images as per the specifications.
- Candidates must pay the application fee of Rs. 650 in the form of Demand Draft or in through online payment gateway. The DD must be in favor of SASTRA University payable at Thanjavur
- Candidates can get the form in person at the university campus in Thanjavur or Kumbakonam.
- The candidates can take a print out of the application form of SASTRA University B.Tech 2017 from the link provided on this page.
- The application form will also be available at selected branches of City Union bank.
- After filling up all the details in the form, candidates can must sent it to the university along with the Demand Draft in favour of SASTRA University payable at Thanjavur.
- Applicants have to pay the application fee of Rs.650/-
- Candidates must fill up all the mandatory fields in the application form. Incomplete forms will not be accepted by the University.
SASTRA University B.Tech 2017 Admission Selection Procedure
Admission to various B.Tech programmes will be conducted under two streams, namely, Stream I and Stream II. Check details below.
- Candidates will be admitted on the basis of marks obtained in JEE Main 2017 and in class XII boards.
- The aggregate of JEE Main 2017 scores and normalized class XII marks will be taken together.
- The weightage for JEE Main 2017 scores will be 25% and for class XII boards, the weightage of marks is 75%.
- 70% of the seats will be filled through stream I.
- Admission will be done on the basis of their normalized aggregate obtained in class XII boards or its equivalent examination.
- The remaining 30% seats will be filled through stream II.
SASTRA University B.Tech 2017 Admission Rank List
The Rank List will be prepared after normalization of marks of Stream I and II respectively. The Rank list will be published online on June 10, 2017. Candidates whose name will be included in the rank list will be eligible for the counselling.
SASTRA University B.Tech 2017 Admission Counselling
The counselling of candidates will be done on the basis of the ranks obtained by them. The counselling of SASTRA University B.Tech 2017 will be conducted by admission committee of SASTRA University from June 19 to 22, 2017. Candidates will require participating in person with all the required documents. Seats will be allotted to the eligible candidates after the Counselling of SASTRA University B.Tech 2017 Admission.
Office of admissions
Phone no. : +91 4362 264101- 108, 304000- 010
Official Website: www.sastra.edu
Stay tuned to http://engg.entrancecorner.com/ for more updates on SASTRA University B.Tech 2017 Admission