SAAT 2017 – Siksha ‘O’ Anusandhan University, Bhubaneswar, will be conducting SAAT 2017 from April 22 to 25, 2017. The entrance exam will be held for intake of the candidates in UG Engineering courses as offered by the University. There are two mediums through which University will grant admission. First is on the basis of SAAT 2017 score and second is as per the rank/score in JEE Main 2017. Candidates who aim to appear for SAAT and then take admission may now submit the application form. The link to apply has been provided below on this page. The last date to submit the SAAT Application Form is April 12, 2017. The application form for JEE Main qualifiers will be available in due course. Candidates can check more details about the upcoming SAAT 2017 from the article below.
Latest: To Apply for SAAT 2017 – Click Here
Salient Features of SAAT 2017
- Exam Name: Siksha ‘O’ Anusandhan University Admission Test (SAAT), 2017.
- Conducted by: Siksha ‘O’ Anusandhan University, Bhubaneswar.
- Admission Through: SAAT 2017 or JEE Main 2017
The Important dates for the crucial events of SAAT 2017 are given in the table below. Candidates may refer to it for keeping a track of all the events and ensuring that none is missed out.
|S no.||Events||Important Dates|
|01||Availability of SAAT 2017 Application Form||January 11, 2017|
|02||Last date for form submission||April 12, 2017|
|03||Availability of Admit card||April 15, 2017|
|04||Date of entrance test||April 22 to 25, 2017|
|05||Declaration of Result||3rd week of May 2017|
|06||Counselling of SAAT 2017||1st week of June, 2017|
The application form for SAAT 2017 is only available online. The candidates submit it by following the steps below:
- Click on the link provided above.
- Submit a functional E-Mail ID.
- Enter verification code.
After this, the application form will be displayed. In it, the candidates will have to submit the following details:
Information to be Entered in SAAT 2017 Application Form – First of all, the candidates will have to upload a photograph of themselves. It should be a recent coloured photograph, which should showcase the face of the candidates clearly. Next, the candidates will be required to submit Personal Details, Contact Details, Course Preference, Educational Details, Extra Personal Details, and Exam Centre.
On entering these details, candidates will receive an e-mail. It will indicate that the application form has been submitted successfully. The e-mail will also contain a Registration ID. It is vital to keep the ID safe, as it will be required during various stages of SAAT Admission.
Payment of Fee – Candidates should note that there is no application fee for SAAT. This is applicable for candidates belonging to all the categories.
SAAT 2017 Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible for SAAT 2017, candidates have to fulfil the eligibility requirements specified below.
SAAT 2017 Reservation of Seats
- 15% seats are reserved for candidates belonging to Scheduled Tribe.
- 7.5% seats are reserved for candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste.
- 30% seats are reserved for women candidates.
- 3% seats are reserved for PwD candidates.
- OBC candidates will only be given mark relaxation.
SAAT 2017 Exam Cities
SAAT 2017 will be held in 62 centres across 40 cities of India. Candidates have to choose three exam centres according to their preference in decreasing order. The candidates also have to enter the codes of the appropriate centres.Check the first 10 Exam centres along with their codes below:
|S no.||Exam Cities||Code|
SAAT 2017 Admit Card
- Admit cards of SAAT 2017 will be sent via mail to candidates who have successfully applied for the entrance test.
- In the admit card, the candidate’s name, photograph, address, name of the test centre, exam schedule etc. will be mentioned.
- Candidates should examine all the details mentioned in the admit card carefully before taking a print out of the same.
- In the examination centre, candidates have to produce a valid identity proof along with the admit card.
- Candidates must ensure to keep the admit card safe and secure till the admission process is over.
SAAT 2017 Syllabus
SAAT 2017 Syllabus consists of three sections. The Unit wise syllabus of SAAT 2017 is given in the table below.
|Physics||Physics and Measurement, Kinematics, Laws of motion, Work, Energy and Power, Rotational Motion, Gravitation, Properties of Solids and Liquids, Thermodynamics, Kinetic Theory of Gases, Oscillations and Waves, Electrostatics, Current Electricity, Magnetic Effects of current and Magnetism, Electromagnetic induction and Alternating Currents, Electromagnetic Waves, Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation, Atoms and nuclei, Electronic Devices, Communication Systems.|
|Chemistry||Physical Chemistry: Some Basic Concepts in Chemistry, States of Matter, Atomic Structure, Chemical bonding and Molecular Structure, Chemical thermodynamics, Solutions, Equilibrium, Redox Reaction and Electrochemistry, Chemical Kinetics, Surface Chemistry Inorganic Chemistry: Classification of Elements and periodicity in properties, General Principles and Processes of isolation of Metals, Hydrogen, Block Elements (Alkali and Alkaline Earth Metals), P- Block Elements, d- and f- Block Elements, Co- ordination Compounds, Environmental Chemistry, Organic Chemistry: Purification and Characterization of Organic Compounds, Some Basic principles of Organic Chemistry, hydrocarbons, Organic Compounds Containing Halogens, Organic Compounds Containing Oxygen, Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen, Polymers, Biomolecules, Chemistry in everyday life.|
|Mathematics||Sets, relations and Functions, Complex Numbers and Quadratic Equations, Matrices and Determinants, Permutations and Combinations, mathematical Induction, Binomial Theorem and its Simple Applications, Sequences and Series, Limit, Continuity and Differentiability, Integral Calculus, Differential Equations, Coordinate Geometry, Three Dimensional Geometry, Vector Algebra, Statistics and Probability, Trigonometry, Mathematical Reasoning.|
SAAT 2017 Exam Pattern
The Exam Pattern of SAAT 2017 will help the candidates to understand the pattern of the question paper. The exam pattern includes the type of question, marking schemes, duration etc. Candidates can take the help of exam pattern to know about every detail regarding the question paper. It will also help the students to make a schedule for the examination and prepare in a more organised and effective way.
|Mode of Examination||Online|
|Question Type||Multiple Choice Questions|
|Total no. of Question||60 questions per subject.|
SAAT 2017 Sample Paper
- The Sample Papers of SAAT 2017 will help the candidates to get an idea about the structure of the exam, exam pattern and marking system of the question paper.
- Candidates should practice sample papers to get a prior experience of the examination.
- Regular practice will improve the candidates’ accuracy and speed level.
- Candidates will be able to figure out their strength and weakness.
- It will also help the students to improve their time management skill.
- It will cut out chances of making silly mistakes.
- While practising sample papers, candidates must try to keep track of the time they are devoting to each question.
- It will make the candidates well prepared for the examination.
- Therefore, it is highly advisable to the students that they download SAAT 2017 Sample Papers and keep practising it to score well in the examination.
SAAT 2017 Answer Key
The Answer Key of SAAT 2017 will consist of all the correct answer to the questions asked in SAAT 2017. The Answer key will be released by Siksha ‘O’ Anusandhan University after the conclusion of the examination. Candidates must ensure to download the answer key and cross check their answers with that of the answer key. Candidates can use the Answer key to calculate their probable scores and analyse their performance in SAAT 2017.
SAAT 2017 Result
- The Result of SAAT 2017 will be announced by the 2nd week of May 2017, tentatively.
- The result will be made available online.
- Candidates have login with their Application no. and Roll no. to view the result.
- The Result will not be sent to the candidates via post or any other mode.
- Candidates are advised to take a print out of SAAT 2017 Result and keep it safe and secure.
SAAT 2017 Rank List
- Separate Rank List will be prepared for the qualifying candidates on the basis of the Result of SAAT 2017.
- Each qualified candidate will be given a Rank Card.
- Separate Rank List will also be prepared for the candidates belonging to the reserved category.
- Candidates will be given admission on the basis of the ranks obtained by them
SAAT 2017 Counselling
- The Counselling of SAAT 2017 for the qualified candidates will be held in the University Campus.
- The Counselling will purely be done on the basis of Merit List of SAAT 2017.
- The counselling schedule will be announced on the day of the declaration the Result of SAAT 2017.
- Candidates should make sure to be present in the venue at the specified time to take part in the counselling.
- Candidates who have been selected for admission through JEE Main 2017 also have to attend the counselling at the specified venue.
- Candidates should have all the important specified documents along with them on the day of the counselling.
- The verification of documents will be done at the time of counselling.
SAAT 2017 Seat Allotment
Candidates qualifying in SAAT 2017 will be allotted seats on the basis of the performance of the candidates in the entrance examination and the availability of seats in the disciplines. During the seat allotment process, candidates have to verify their original documents. Candidates who are unable to produce their documents will not be allotted seats under any circumstances. Candidates also have to pay the admission fees at the time of seat allotment.
Siksha ‘O’ Anusandhan University
Khandagiri Square, Bhubaneswar, Orissa.
Phone no. – +91-674- 2350635, 2350791, 2350794, 2350802, 2350826, 2350642
Official Website: http://www.soauniversity.ac.in/