SAAT 2017 – Siksha ‘O’ Anusandhan University, Bhubaneswar, has been conducted on SAAT 2017 from April 22 to 25, 2017. The entrance exam was held for intake of the candidates in UG Engineering courses as offered by the University. The admission to candidates is to be granted either on the basis of SAAT 2017 or through JEE Main marks. Candidates who have appeared for SAAT had filled and submitted the application form. The last date to submit the SAAT Application Form was April 18, 2017. Online registrations is over now. The application form for JEE Main qualifiers was available in due course. Only the registered candidates have been sent SAAT admit card on their valid email ID. Candidates have downloaded SAAT admit card from the link provided below. The conducting authority will announce SAAT result 2017 on May 06. Candidates who will qualify the examination will be granted admission to 09 undergraduate engineering courses will be on the basis of SAAT counselling process. Candidates can check more details about the upcoming SAAT 2017 from the article below.
Latest: SAAT 2017 Admit Card available now – Click here to download
Salient Features of SAAT 2017
- Exam Name: Siksha ‘O’ Anusandhan University Admission Test (SAAT), 2017.
- Conducted by: Siksha ‘O’ Anusandhan University, Bhubaneswar.
- Admission Through: SAAT 2017 or JEE Main 2017
The Important dates for the crucial events of SAAT 2017 are given in the table below. Candidates may refer to it for keeping a track of all the events and ensuring that none is missed out.
|S no.||Events||Important Dates|
|1.||Availability of SAAT 2017 Application Form||January 11, 2017|
|2.||Last date for form submission||April 18, 2017|
|3.||Admit card will be mailed||April 15, 2017|
|4.||Download SAAT 2017 admit card||April 20, 2017|
|5.||Date of entrance test||April 22 to 25, 2017|
|6.||Declaration of Result||May 06, 2017|
|7.||Counselling of SAAT 2017||1st week of June, 2017|
The application form for SAAT 2017 was only available online. The candidates had submitted it by following the steps below:
- Click on the link, which was provided above.
- Submit a functional E-Mail ID.
- Enter verification code.
After this, the application form was displayed. In it, the candidates had to submit the following details:
Information to be Entered in SAAT 2017 Application Form – First of all, the candidates had to upload a recent photograph of themselves. Next, the candidates were required to submit Personal Details, Contact Details, Course Preference, Educational Details, Extra Personal Details, and Exam Centre.
After entering these details, candidates have received an e-mail. It indicated the application form has been submitted successfully. The registration ID was also included. It is vital to keep the ID safe, as it will be required during various stages of SAAT Admission.
Payment of Fee – Candidates should note that there was no application fee for SAAT. This was applicable for candidates belonging to all the categories.
To be eligible for SAAT 2017, candidates have to fulfil the eligibility requirements specified below.
SAAT 2017 Reservation of Seats
- 15% seats are reserved for candidates belonging to Scheduled Tribe.
- 7.5% seats are reserved for candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste.
- 30% seats are reserved for women candidates.
- 3% seats are reserved for PwD candidates.
- OBC candidates will only be given mark relaxation.
SAAT 2017 Exam Centres
SAAT 2017 was held in 62 centres across 40 cities of India. Candidates had to choose three exam centres according to their preference in decreasing order. The candidates also had to enter the codes of the appropriate centres. Candidates had checked the first 10 Exam centres along with their codes below.
|S no.||Exam Cities||Code|
- The admit cards of SAAT 2017 has been sent via mail to candidates who have successfully applied for the entrance test.
- In the admit card, the candidate’s name, photograph, address, name of the test centre, exam schedule etc. is mentioned.
- Candidates should examine all the details mentioned in the admit card carefully before taking a print out of the same.
- In the examination centre, candidates have to produce a valid identity proof along with the admit card.
- Candidates must ensure to keep the admit card safe and secure till the admission process is over.
SAAT 2017 Syllabus consisted of three sections. The unit wise syllabus of SAAT 2017 has been given in the table below.
|Physics||Physics and Measurement, Kinematics, Laws of motion, Work, Energy and Power, Rotational Motion, Gravitation, Properties of Solids and Liquids, Thermodynamics, Kinetic Theory of Gases, Oscillations and Waves, Electrostatics, Current Electricity, Magnetic Effects of current and Magnetism, Electromagnetic induction and Alternating Currents, Electromagnetic Waves, Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation, Atoms and nuclei, Electronic Devices, Communication Systems.|
|Chemistry||Physical Chemistry: Some Basic Concepts in Chemistry, States of Matter, Atomic Structure, Chemical bonding and Molecular Structure, Chemical thermodynamics, Solutions, Equilibrium, Redox Reaction and Electrochemistry, Chemical Kinetics, Surface Chemistry Inorganic Chemistry: Classification of Elements and periodicity in properties, General Principles and Processes of isolation of Metals, Hydrogen, Block Elements (Alkali and Alkaline Earth Metals), P- Block Elements, d- and f- Block Elements, Co- ordination Compounds, Environmental Chemistry, Organic Chemistry: Purification and Characterization of Organic Compounds, Some Basic principles of Organic Chemistry, hydrocarbons, Organic Compounds Containing Halogens, Organic Compounds Containing Oxygen, Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen, Polymers, Biomolecules, Chemistry in everyday life.|
|Mathematics||Sets, relations and Functions, Complex Numbers and Quadratic Equations, Matrices and Determinants, Permutations and Combinations, mathematical Induction, Binomial Theorem and its Simple Applications, Sequences and Series, Limit, Continuity and Differentiability, Integral Calculus, Differential Equations, Coordinate Geometry, Three Dimensional Geometry, Vector Algebra, Statistics and Probability, Trigonometry, Mathematical Reasoning.|
The exam pattern of SAAT 2017 helped the candidates to understand the pattern of the question paper. The exam pattern gave an idea of the type of question, marking schemes, duration etc. Candidates took the help of exam pattern to know about every detail regarding the question paper. It assisted the students to make a schedule for the examination and prepare in a more organised and effective way.
|Mode of Examination||Online|
|Question Type||Multiple Choice Questions|
|Total no. of Question||60 questions per subject.|
- The sample papers of SAAT 2017 gave an idea about the structure of the exam, exam pattern and marking system of the question paper.
- Candidates had practiced through sample papers to get a prior experience of the examination.
- Regular practice have improved the candidates’ accuracy and speed level.
- Candidates was able to figure out their strength and weakness.
- It helped the students to improve their time management skill.
- It decreased the chances of making silly mistakes.
- While practising sample papers, candidates must have tried to keep track of the time they are devoting to each question.
- It make candidates well prepared for the examination.
- Therefore, it was highly advisable to the students that they have downloaded SAAT 2017 Sample Papers and keep practised it to score well in the examination.
SAAT 2017 Answer Key
The Answer Key of SAAT 2017 consisted of all the correct answer to the questions asked in SAAT 2017. The Answer key was released by Siksha ‘O’ Anusandhan University after the conclusion of the examination. Candidates have downloaded the answer key and cross checked their answers with that of the answer key. Candidates have used the Answer key to calculate their probable scores and analyse their performance in SAAT 2017.
SAAT 2017 Result
- The result of SAAT 2017 will be announced by May 06, 2017.
- The result will be made available online.
- Candidates have login with their Application no. and Roll no. to view the result.
- The Result will not be sent to the candidates via post or any other mode.
- Candidates are advised to take a print out of SAAT 2017 result and keep it safe and secure.
SAAT 2017 Rank List
- Separate rank list will be prepared for the qualifying candidates on the basis of the result of SAAT 2017.
- Each qualified candidate will be given a rank card.
- Separate rank list will also be prepared for the candidates belonging to the reserved category.
- Candidates will be given admission on the basis of the ranks obtained by them
- The counselling of SAAT 2017 for the qualified candidates will be held in the University Campus.
- The counselling will purely be done on the basis of Merit List of SAAT 2017.
- The counselling schedule will be announced on the day of the declaration the result of SAAT 2017.
- Candidates should make sure to be present in the venue at the specified time to take part in the counselling.
- Candidates who have been selected for admission through JEE Main 2017 also have to attend the counselling at the specified venue.
- Candidates should have all the important specified documents along with them on the day of the counselling.
- The verification of documents will be done at the time of counselling.
SAAT 2017 Seat Allotment
Candidates qualifying in SAAT 2017 will be allotted seats on the basis of the performance of the candidates in the entrance examination and the availability of seats in the disciplines. During the seat allotment process, candidates have to verify their original documents. Candidates who are unable to produce their documents will not be allotted seats under any circumstances. Candidates also have to pay the admission fees at the time of seat allotment.
Siksha ‘O’ Anusandhan University
Khandagiri Square, Bhubaneswar, Orissa.
Phone no. – +91-674- 2350635, 2350791, 2350794, 2350802, 2350826, 2350642
Official Website: http://www.soauniversity.ac.in/