REAP 2017: The Rajasthan Engineering Admission Process (REAP) is conducted by the Board of Technical education, Rajasthan. For the academic session 2017-18, numerous affiliated Engineering Colleges and University Departments of Rajasthan Technical University will offer admission into various undergraduate engineering programmes. The application form will be available presumably from the 3rd week of May, 2017. Candidates seeking admission in the state of Rajasthan through REAP will require applying for the same. To know more about the admission procedure such as eligibility criteria, important dates, counselling etc. check the article given below on this page.
Conducting Body: Board of Technical education, Rajasthan
Salient Features of REAP 2017
- Through REAP 2017, candidates will be able to take admission into different engineering courses offered by the numerous affiliated engineering institutes and departments of the university of Rajasthan.
- Admission will be done on the basis of students’ performance in JEE Main 2017 and Class XII boards or its equivalent examination.
- Candidates will require filling up the application form in the online mode and make the payment of application fee to validate the application form.
- Each and every candidate must fulfill the Eligibility Criteria of REAP 2017.
- Candidates will have to fill in their choices of programmes and institutes online.
- Candidates have to report in person for the seat allotment process along with all the required documents.
REAP 2017 Eligibility Criteria:
Every candidate must ensure that they are eligible for admission before filling up the application form. If any candidate is found to be ineligible, the application form of that particular candidate will be rejected. Even after getting admitted, if any discrepancy is found at later stage, the admission of that candidate will be cancelled. The Eligibility Criteria of REAP 2017 are as follows:
|Domicile||Candidates must belong to the state of Rajasthan.|
REAP 2017 Important Dates:
The Important dates of REAP 2017 list out the dates of all important events associated with admission process. Check the dates in the table provided below.
Note: The dates given below are tentative. It will be updated once the notification of this year is announced officially by the conducting body.
|1||Availability of online application form||3rd week of May, 2017|
|2||Last Date of fee deposition through E- Mitra/ Bill desk||3rd week of June, 2017|
|3||Last date for submission of application form||3rd week of June, 2017|
|4||Filling up of application form with late fees of Rs.500||1st week of July, 2017|
|5||Last date for registration with late fees of Rs.500||2nd week of July, 2017|
|6||Filling up of application form with late fees of Rs.1000||1st week of September, 2017|
|7||Last date for registration with late fees of Rs.1000||2nd week of September, 2017|
REAP 2017 Reservation of Seats
As per the government of Rajasthan, in every institute, seats are reserved for candidates belonging to certain categories of Rajasthan. Check the reservation of seats in the table below:
|PWD (Horizontal Reservation)||3%|
|Women Category (Horizontal Reservation)||25%|
|Dependants of Defence Killed/Ex-servicemen / Gallantry award winner (Horizontal Reservation)||3%|
REAP 2017 Application Form:
- Candidates have to submit the application form of REAP 2017 online.
- Personal Details such as name of the candidate, father’s name, mother’s name and date of birth need to be entered in the application form.
- After submitting the personal details, candidates will require uploading scanned images of their recent passport size photograph and signature.
- Before the final submission, candidates must ensure all the entered details are correct. Edit the form if required and once satisfied click on the “Submit” button.
- Candidates will have to pay the application fee of Rs.700. The payment can be made online through Bill Desk using debit/ credit cards/ net banking or through e- Mitra Kiosk.
- Candidates must ensure to keep the payment receipt/ transaction ID safely for future reference.
REAP 2017 Selection Process:
Candidates will be shortlisted for admission on the basis of their performance in the following examination:
- JEE Main 2017
- Class XII or its equivalent examination.
REAP 2017 Rank List:
The Rank list will be prepared on the basis of total marks obtained by the candidate in JEE Main 2017 and in class XII or its equivalent examination. The initial seats will be allotted on the basis of JEE Main 2017 scores. Once the list of candidates is exhausted, the remaining seats will be filled on the basis of Class XII merit.
REAP 2017 Counselling:
The Counselling of REAP 2017 will be organized by the Board of Technical education, Rajasthan. Candidates have to fill in their choices of programmes and institutes online within the given period of time. The order of their choices must be in the decreasing order of preference. Candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of merit. The order of choice filled in and availability of seats in the respective institutes will be taken into account as well. Candidate must exercise their choices carefully.
REAP 2017 Seat Allotment:
After the choices are submitted by the students, it will be processed centrally and seats will be allotted on the basis of merit. The seat allotment result will be available online. No allotment letter will be sent to the candidates. Shortlisted candidates have to report to the allotted institute as per the schedule in person. Candidates must take the printout of their allotment-letter, receipt of e-payment and other necessary documents along with them.
Rajasthan Technical University (RTU)
Kota – 324010 (Rajasthan)
Phone: +91 (0744) 2473862, 9772160321
Fax: +91 (0744) 2473002, 2473003
Official Website: www.rtu.ac.in