REAP 2017 – The Rajasthan Engineering Admission Process (REAP) 2017 is conducted by Rajasthan Technical University (RTU) Kota for admission to 1st year of B.E/B.Tech programmes. The application form of REAP 2017 was available online from May 15 onwards. The registration fee for REAP 2017 is Rs. 700. To participate in the admission process, candidates will require depositing an Advanced fee of Rs. 10,000. Candidates have to pay the registration and Advanced fee on or before June 28, 2017. However, the last date to register for REAP 2017 is June 30. Candidates seeking admission to various Government Aided and Private unaided Technical institutions of Rajasthan must ensure that they fulfil the eligibility requirement before applying for admission. Selection of students will be done through JEE Main 2017 and class 12 Boards percentile. Candidates who will register successfully will be called for the counselling procedure which will be held in four rounds. The first round of REAP 2017 counselling will start from July 24 followed by the second round on July 27, 2017. To get detailed information on REAP 2017 such as important dates, eligibility criteria, application form, counselling and more, candidates may go through the article given below on this page.
What’s New in REAP 2017?
- Unlike previous year, in REAP 2017, candidates applying for admission through class 12 Boards percentile will be able to participate in the counselling from first round. However, the first priority will be given to JEE Main 2017 candidates
- Aadhaar card is mandatory for all candidates (except candidates belonging to J&K, Meghalaya, Assam) to apply for REAP 2017
- In REAP 2017, a total number of four rounds of counselling will be held
- This year, there is only onetime non refundable registration fee of Rs. 700
- It is mandatory for every candidate to deposit advanced fee of Rs. 10,000 to participate in the counselling
- Candidates can make the payment for registration and Advanced fee through Net banking/Credit card/ATM card/Debit card
Every candidate must ensure that they are eligible for admission before filling up the application form. If any candidate is found to be ineligible, the application form of that particular candidate will be rejected. Even after getting admitted, if any discrepancy is found at later stage, the admission of that candidate will be cancelled. The Eligibility Criteria of REAP 2017 are as follows:
|Domicile||Candidates must belong to the state of Rajasthan.|
The Important dates of REAP 2017 list out the dates of all important events associated with the admission process. Check REAP important dates from the table given below. To get the complete schedule, click on the heading.
|S.No.||REAP 2017 Events||Important Dates|
|1.||Availability of REAP 2017 application form/option form filling||May 15, 2017|
|2.||Last date for depositing registration and Advanced fee||June 28, 2017|
|3.||Last date for registration/option form filling||June 30, 2017|
|Counselling for outside candidates of Rajasthan||July 07, 2017|
|4.||Final seat matrix||July 17, 2017|
|5.||Seat Allotment Round 1||July 24, 2017|
|6.||Seat Allotment Round 2||July 27, 2017|
|7.||Last date for withdrawal of admission||July 31, 2017|
As per the government of Rajasthan, in every institute, seats are reserved for candidates belonging to certain categories of Rajasthan. Check the reservation of seats in the table below:
|PWD (Horizontal Reservation)||3%|
|Women Category (Horizontal Reservation)||25%|
|Dependants of Defence Killed/Ex-servicemen / Gallantry award winner (Horizontal Reservation)||3%|
- The application form of REAP is available from May 15 to June 15, 2017
- Candidates have to submit the application form of REAP 2017 online.
- Personal Details such as name of the candidate, father’s name, mother’s name and date of birth need to be entered in the application form.
- After submitting the personal details, candidates have to uploading scanned images of their recent passport size photograph and signature.
- Before the final submission, candidates must ensure all the entered details are correct. Edit the form if required and once satisfied click on the “Submit” button.
- Candidates have to pay the application fee of Rs.700. The payment can be made online through Bill Desk using Net banking/Credit card/ATM card/Debit card
- Candidates must ensure to keep the payment receipt/ transaction ID safely for future reference.
REAP 2017 Selection Process
Candidates will be shortlisted for admission on the basis of their performance in the following examination:
- JEE Main 2017
- Class XII or its equivalent examination.
The Merit list will be prepared on the basis of total marks obtained by the candidate in JEE Main 2017 and in class XII or its equivalent examination. The initial seats will be allotted on the basis of JEE Main 2017 scores. Once the list of candidates is exhausted, the remaining seats will be filled on the basis of Class XII merit.
The Counselling of REAP 2017 will be organized by the Board of Technical education, Rajasthan. Candidates have to fill in their choices of programmes and institutes online within the given period of time. The order of their choices must be in the decreasing order of preference. Candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of merit. The order of choice filled in and availability of seats in the respective institutes will be taken into account as well. Candidate must exercise their choices carefully.
After the choices are submitted by the students, it will be processed centrally and seats will be allotted on the basis of merit. The seat allotment result will be available online. No allotment letter will be sent to the candidates. Shortlisted candidates have to report to the allotted institute as per the schedule in person. Candidates must take the printout of their allotment-letter, receipt of e-payment and other necessary documents along with them.
REAP Participating Institutes 2017
Through REAP 2017, around 128 engineering institutes in the state of Rajasthan will fill B.Tech/B.E seats. Candidates can check the first ten list of REAP participating institutes below:
|S.No.||Name of Institutes||Total number of seats|
|1||Jaipur Institute of Engineering & Technology, Jaipur||378|
|2||Laxmi Devi Institute of Engineering & Technology||504|
|3||St. Wilfred’s Institute of Engineering & Technology||441|
|4||Modern Institute of Technology & Research Centre||799|
|5||St. Margaret Engineering College||347|
|6||Aryabhatta College of Engineering and Research Centre||504|
|7||Institute of Engineering & Technology, Alwar||254|
|8||Alwar Institute of Engineering & Technology||254|
|9||Govt. Mahila Engineering College||540|
|10||School of Aeronautics (Neemrana)||315|
Rajasthan Technical University (RTU)
Kota – 324010 (Rajasthan)
Phone: +91 (0744) 2473862, 9772160321
Fax: +91 (0744) 2473002, 2473003
Official Website: www.rtu.ac.in