REAP 2017 Eligibility Criteria provide details about the sets of conditions defined by the Board of Technical Education, Rajasthan. Every aspirant seeking admission at the various engineering colleges in the state of Rajasthan have to fulfil the Eligibility Criteria of REAP 2017. Only eligible candidates must fill up the application. Ineligible students will not be granted admission under any circumstances. The norms defined by the Board for admission includes age limit, domicile, academic qualification etc. Interested candidates may check all important details about REAP 2017 Eligibility Criteria given below on this page.
REAP 2017 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must adhere to the criteria established for eligibility before applying for REAP 2017. Check details below:
Age Limit: Only those candidates who are born on or after October 01, 1992 are eligible for admission. However, for candidates belonging to the Scheduled Tribe, Scheduled Caste and Person with Disabilities have a relaxation in the upper age limit. Hence, they must be born on or after October 01, 1987. The Board will only consider the date of birth as recorded in the Secondary Education mark sheet/ certificate.
Domicile: REAP 2017 is open to candidates of Rajasthan Domicile only except the quota seats earmarked for candidates belonging to states outside Rajasthan. However, candidates from other states will be free from domicile restriction in the last round of counselling. The details of Domicile status for candidates belonging to the state is given below:
Domicile Category A: Candidates and their either of their parents must be a bonafide resident of Rajasthan.
Domicile Category B: Candidates must have studied Class X, XI and XII as a regular student including the year in which the candidates have qualified or appeared in class XII as a regular student in recognised educational institutions in the state of Rajasthan.
Domicile Category C: Ward of either an employee serving currently or of a retired employee of any of the services mentioned below:
- Government of Rajasthan which includes officers of All India Service borne on the state cadre of Rajasthan.
- Corporations/Undertakings/Improvement Trusts/Panchayat Samities/Municipal Boards/Co-operative Bodies duly established by the Government of Rajasthan.
- Corporations and Statutory Bodies defined under the Indian Companies Act integrated in Rajasthan.
- Ward of an employee of Rajasthan origin. Either of the parents must serve at least three years in Defence/Public Sector undertakings/Central Government services/National Institutes of Government of India and must be serving as on the last date for submission of application.
- Candidates’ either of the parents must be an employee of Central Government or Institutions of the Central Government including Public Sector Undertakings or corporations and must be serving in the state of Rajasthan on the date of application.
Academic Qualification: The minimum requirement of academic qualification for being eligible for admission to various engineering programmes in the state of Rajasthan is as given below:
- Candidates must have qualified class XII or any equivalent examination with at least five subjects.
- In the qualifying examination, candidates must pass with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with either Chemistry/Biology/Technical Vocational subject as one of the optional subject.
- Candidates must obtain a minimum aggregate of 45% in each of the subjects mentioned above. For reserved category, the minimum requirement of aggregate marks in 40%.
- Only those candidates who have qualified in JEE Main 2017 along with the above mentioned academic qualification criteria in 2017, 2016 or 2015 are only eligible.
Candidates also have to submit Medical Fitness Certificate at the time of reporting in the allotted institution certified by a Medical Officer of the Government of Rajasthan or a Registered Medical Practitioner. The requirements laid down by the governing body is given below:
- Height: The minimum height of the male candidates must be 1.5 m and for female candidates, the minimum requirement is 1.4 m.
- Weight: Male candidates’ weight must not be less than 41 kg and the minimum weight of female candidates must be at least 37 kg.
- Chest Measurement: This requirement is applicable only for male candidates. It should not be less than 69 cm with satisfactory limits of expansion and contraction.
- Hearts & Lungs: There should not be any abnormality.
- Hernia, Piles, Hydrocele etc: Presence of any of these ailment will lead to a temporary disqualification. Candidates must get it rectified before joining this course of study.
- Vision: Candidate should have normal eyesight. Their eyes should be free from congenital and other diseases. In case of any defect, it must be corrected to 6/9 in the better eye and 6/12 in the worse eye. Candidates seeking admission to Mining Engineering courses must be free from colour blindness.
- Hearing: Candidates should have normal hearing. In case of any defect, it must be corrected.
- Speech: Candidates should have normal speech.
Keep visiting engg.entrancecorner.com for more updates on REAP 2017