PTU B.Tech 2017 Merit List: The merit list of PTU B.Tech 2017 will be declared in the month of May/June 2017 by I. K.Gujral Punjab Technical University, Jalandhar. The Punjab Technical University will declare the merit list of PTU B.Tech separately for various undergraduate engineering courses. For admission to B.Tech programme, the candidates will be selected based on the score obtained in JEE Main 2017/NATA 2017/qualifying examination. Based on JEE Main 2017/qualifying scores, the University will provide position/rank to the candidates in the merit list. The PTU B.Tech Merit list will contain the name of the candidate. roll number, national level entrance test rank, category etc. The merit list of PTU B.Tech Admission is purely based on the candidate’s score in national level entrance exams. Admission to various courses will be done through PTU B.Tech counselling 2017 in the first week of June 2017. After the declaration of the merit list, the university will release the cutoff of PTU B.Tech Admission. Only those candidates who will score more than the cutoff marks will be called for PTU B.Tech Admission 2017. To know all the details related to PTU B.Tech 2017 Merit List read the article below.
Merit List of PTU B.Tech 2017 Dates
Below are all the events related to the merit list of PTU B.Tech 2017:
|S.No.||Merit List of PTU B.Tech 2017 Events||Important Dates|
|1||JEE Main 2017||April 2, 8 and 9, 2017|
|2||JEE Main Results 2017||April 27, 2017 (Paper I) and May 27, 2017 (Paper II)|
|3||Registration for PTU B.Tech 2017 Admission||1st week of July 2017|
|4||Merit list of PTU B.Tech 2017||2nd week of July 2017|
Check PTU B.Tech 2017 Merit List
To check the PTU merit list 2017 follow the procedure given below:
- Access the link provided on this page (link will be given above).
- Check merit list/result of PTU B.Tech Admission 2017.
- Check the rank properly for admission to the B.Tech courses.
- For future requirements take the printout of merit list and keep the document safely.
Eligibility requirements for PTU B.Tech 2017 Admissions
Reservation of seats for various categories
- For the candidates belonging to the Punjab state, 85% seats will be filled for candidates from within the State of Punjab.
- The remaining 15% seats will be open for candidates who belong to other states.
- Applicants must qualify 10+2 level examination from a recognised board of the state government or central government.
- In the qualifying exam, candidates must have physics and mathematics as their mandatory subjects with an optional subject from any one of the chemistry/ computer science/ biotechnology/ biology.
- For the candidates who have passed their diploma in any of the engineering courses or equivalent are also eligible to appear for counselling of PTU B.Tech Admission 2017. However, such candidates must pass from a recognised state or central board of Technical Education.
- Candidates holding a pass certificate of five-year course from Sant Longowal Institute of Engineering and Technology, Longowal will also be eligible to apply for admission.
- All those candidates who are appearing for the qualifying examination will also be eligible to appear for PTU B.Tech 2017 Admission.
Stay tuned to engg.entrancecorner.com for more updates & news. For any doubts on PTU B.Tech 2017 Admission leave your comment below.