PTU B.Tech Admission 2017: The admission to various degree level engineering courses in the state of Punjab will be done through PTU B.Tech 2017. The Governor of Punjab has appointed the I. K. Gujral Punjab Technical University, Jalandhar as the authority to conduct the centralized counselling for eligible candidates. There will no entrance test conducted for admission. Students will be shortlisted on the basis of JEE Main 2017 and NATA 2017 respectively. The admission will be mad through the counselling process for which candidates will require depositing the requisite counselling fees. Scroll down to receive information about the eligibility, important dates, admission process etc. associated to PTU B.Tech 2017.
Conducting Authority: I. K.. Gujral Punjab Technical University, Jalandhar.
Salient Features of PTU B.Tech Admission 2017
- Punjab Technical University will grant admission to shortlisted candidates at various engineering institutes in the state of Punjab.
- Admission will be done based on the students’ performance in JEE Main 2017 and NATA respectively.
- Admission will also be granted to students on the basis of H.S or its equivalent examination.
- Candidates who belong to the state of Punjab will be allocated 85% seats of the seats. The remaining 15% seats are for candidates from other states.
- The Eligibility Criteria of PTU B.Tech 2017 must be satisfied in order to participate in the counselling process.
- The centralized counselling will be done online. I. K. Gujral Punjab Technical University, Jalandhar has the authority to conduct the counselling.
- After a seat is allocated, candidates have to report in person at the allotted institution.
PTU B.Tech 2017 Participating Institutes:
Colleges affiliated to the following Universities will allocate seats to qualified candidates through PTU B.Tech 2017. Check the names of the Universities below:
- K. Gujral Punjab Technical University, Jalandhar.
- Maharaja Ranjit Singh State Technical University, Bathinda
- Punjab agricultural University, Ludhiana
PTU B.Tech 2017 Eligibility Criteria:
For admission to the Engineering courses through PTU B.Tech 2017 Admission, Candidates must fulfill the eligibility criteria establish by the conducting body in order to take admission through PTU B. Tech 2017. Check the Eligibility Criteria of PTU B.Tech 2017 given below in the table.
|Resident status||85% seats will be filled for candidates from within the State of Punjab. The remaining 15% seats will be open for candidates who belong to other states.|
PTU B.Tech 2017 Seat Reservation:
Provision for the reservation of seats for admissions under a number of categories is made by the State Government of Punjab. Check PTU B.Tech 2017 Reservation of Seats illustrated below:
|Category||Reservation of Seats|
|Schedule Castes/ schedule Tribes||25%|
|Border Areas/ Backward Areas||4% (2% each)|
|Children/ Grand Children of Freedom Fighters||1%|
(b) Deaf and Dumb
(c) Other Handicapped
PTU B.Tech 2017 Important Dates:
The Important dates of PTU B.Tech 2017 will guide candidates to keep track of all relevant events related to the Punjab Technology University B.Tech Admission. The schedule for the admission process is as follows:
Note: The official dates of PTU B.Tech 2017 have not been declared yet. The dates given below in the table are based on the data collected from previous year’s notification. We will update the dates as soon as the schedule is confirmed and officially announced by the concerned authority.
|Fee deposition||1st week of June to 1st week of July 2017|
|Online Registration and choice Filling||1st week of July 2017|
|Seat Allotment Results||2nd week of July 2017|
|Reporting at the allotted institute||2nd week of July 2017|
|Fee deposition||2nd week of July 2017|
|Online Registration and choice Filling||2nd week of July 2017|
|Seat Allotment Results||3rd week of July 2017|
|Reporting at the allotted institute||3rd week of July 2017|
PTU B.Tech 2017 Selection Procedure
The various Participating Institutes of PTU B.Tech 2017 will allot seats to eligible candidates on the basis of any one of the following examination:
- JEE Main 2017
- NATA 2017
- Inter se merit in qualifying examination.
PTU B.Tech 2017 Counselling:
Eligible candidates seeking admission at various engineering Institutes through PTU B.Tech 2017 will have to participate in the centralized online counselling. Candidates will have to first deposit a counselling fee of Rs.2000/- through online mode. After the successful payment, an account will be created. Candidates will require logging in and fill in their choices of institutes and branch of course in order of preference. Based on the choices filled in by the registered candidates, they will be allotted a seat as per their merit rank & category and other prescribed rules for seat allotment of the participating Universities.
PTU B.Tech 2017 Seat Allotment:
- K. Gujral Punjab Technical University, Jalandhar will regulate the centralized counselling for admission. The seat allotment result will be published online. After the declaration of the seat allotment results, candidates will be provided a week to deposit the requisite fee. The candidates will be able to check the allocated seat by logging into their account. Candidates who are selected for admission have to report at the allocated institute in person. Those who fail to report physically will not be allotted seats.
I.K. Gujral Punjab Techncial University,
Near Pushpa Gujral Science City,
Official Website: http://www.ptu.ac.in/
Stay tuned to engg.entrancecorner.com for more updates on PTU B.Tech 2017 Admission