Power Grid Recruitment through GATE 2017: The application process for recruitment of 22nd batch of Executive Trainees (ET) in Power Grid Corporation of India Limited (PGCIL) on the basis of GATE 2017 scores has commenced on March 9, 2017. The link to fill the application form of Power Grid Recruitment through GATE 2017 has been provided below on this page. The last date for online registration of PGCIL Recruitment is March 31, 2017. Engineering Graduates from Electrical, Electronics, Civil and Computer Science Engineering disciplines who have appeared for the GATE 2017 exam can apply for the post of ET in PGCIL. The application process of Power Grid Recruitment through GATE 2017 is strictly online and applications through any other mode will not be accepted. Candidates will have to provide their GATE 2017 registration number, application number and other details when applying for PGCIL Recruitment 2017. Candidates will have to Rs.200/- as application fees. All the candidates will have to qualify two stages of selection procedure i.e. clearing GATE 2017 and personal interview. The candidates who qualify both the stages of selection procedure will be shortlisted for empanelment. Read on for complete details of Power Grid Recruitment through GATE 2017.
Latest: Power Grid Recruitment through GATE 2017 Application Form – Apply Online
Key Features of Power Grid Recruitment through GATE 2017
- Name of organisation: Power Grid Corporation of Indian Limited (PGCIL)
- Name of Post: Executive Trainees (ET)
- Engineering Disciplines: Electrical, Electronics, Civil, Computer Science
- Number of Vacancies: 152
Detailed vacancy for Power Grid Recruitment through GATE 2017
|Post||Number of Vacancies|
|ET (Computer Science)||13||4||1||1||19|
Power Grid Recruitment through GATE 2017 Dates
|S.No.||Power Grid Recruitment through GATE 2017 Events||Dates|
|1||Dates of PCGIL Recruitment through GATE Application Form availability||March 9, 2017|
|2||Start Date to pay application fees through SBI Challan (Offline Mode)||March 11, 2017|
|3||Last Date for online registration of PGCIL Recruitment 2017||March 31, 2017|
|4||Last Date for payment of application fees through Online Mode||March 31, 2017|
|5||Last date to pay application fees through SBI Challan (Offline Mode)||April 5, 2017|
|6||Interview and Group Discussion||May, 2017 (Tentative)|
Power Grid Recruitment through GATE 2017 Eligibility Criteria
Essential Educational Qualification
Percentage of Marks
Full Time B.E./ B.Tech/ B.Sc (Engg.) from recognized University/ Institute
Electrical/ Electrical (Power)/ Electrical and Electronics/ Power Systems Engineering/ Power Engineering (Electrical)
Electronics / Electronics & Communication/ Electronics & Telecommunication on / Electronics & Electrical Communication / Telecommunication on Engg
Computer Science/ Computer Engg./ Information Technology
Minimum 65% or Equivalent CGPA
Other recognized BE./B.Tech equivalent qualifications of professional societies (e.g. AMIE)
Electronics & Communication
Minimum 65% or Equivalent CGPA *
PS: Applicants who are in their final year/semester and their results are expected by August 14, 2017 are also eligible to apply. The requirement of marks percentage in Graduation remains the same i.e. 65% marks or equivalent CGPA in aggregate up till the 7th semester.
Valid Score in GATE 2017
All the applicants who are interested to apply should have appeared and qualified the corresponding paper of GATE 2017 as given below. IIT Roorkee, exam conducting authority of GATE 2017 will fix the minimum qualifying marks for GATE exam.
|S. No.||Post||Corresponding GATE 2017 Paper|
|4||ET (Computer Science)||CS|
Age Limit: All the applicants should be below 28 years as on Decemeber 31, 2016. There is provision of age relaxation as per the government directives. The prescribed age relaxation will be offered as given below
|Category||Age Relaxation Offered|
|J&K Domicile/Ex-Servicemen/Victims of Riots||as per the Govt guidelines existing.|
How to Apply for Power Grid Recruitment through GATE 2017 ?
The link to fill the application form has been provided on this page. The application procedure of Power Grid Recruitment through GATE 2017 is two stage process and candidates can check the details of both the steps as explained below.
Step 1 – Registration and filling the application form of PGCIL recruitment through GATE 2017
- Candidates can fill the Power Grid Recruitment through GATE 2017 application form from the link on this page.
- Candidates will have to begin with the registration process, enter information related to basis details, GATE 2017 registration number and academic qualifications.
- Candidates should note that all the details should be the same as in GATE 2017 Application form.
- Once all the requisite information is provided in the application form, candidates should click to submit their application form.
- Upon successful submission, candidates will be provided with a unique Power Grid Registration number. Note this down and keep it safe.
- Candidates will have to login in their dashboard and download their application form in portrait mode.
- Candidates will receive an automated mail on the registered email id with all the details of their dashboard login credentials.
- The email id provided by candidates will be their login ID and the Power Grid unique registration number will be the password. Candidates can use this to log in to download their call letters, check their shortlisting status and other details of the recruitment process.
Documents to eb uploaded in Step 1 of the application form:
- Scanned image of latest passport size color photograph (in.jpg format with file size not exceeding 50 kb)
- Scanned image of signature (in .jpg format with file size not exceeding 30kb)
- Caste Certificate (If applicable)
- Disability Certificate (If applicable)
- Discharge Certificate (If applicable)
- Age relaxation cum domicile certificate (If applicable)
- Last Semester/ year marks sheet for final year appearing candidates
Step 2 – Payment of fees for Power Grid Recruitment through GATE 2017 application form
The application fees of Power Grid Recruitment through GATE is Rs.200/-. All candidates except departmental candidates and candidates belonging to SC/ST/PwD/Ex-SM have to pay the non-refundable application fees after submitting their application form. Read the details for payment modes of application fees as given below.
Offline Payment through SBI challan
- As the applicants complete their online registration of Power Grid Recruitment through GATE 2017, an automated email with their login credentials will be sent to the candidates.
- Candidates can login in to their dashboard with their login credentials and choose offline payment.
- A copy of SBI Challan will be appear on the candidate’s screen.
- The offline mode of payment will begin on March 11, 2017.
- Download two copies of the SBI Challan and fill in all the requisite details. Pay the application fees of Rs.200/- at any branch of SBI.
- After successful payment, candidates will have to keep their copy of the challan safe.
- The payment status will be updated in a week time on the candidate’s dashboard through an acknowledgement in candidates login
Online Payment-Through Payment Gateway
- After successful registration and submission of the application form, candidate’s can login in their dashboard and choose online payment.
- Candidates will be redirected to the online payment gateway.
- The payment of application fees amounting to Rs.200/- can be done through Credit Card/Debit Card, Net banking or available e wallet.
- Payment status will be updated immediately with a transaction id. Candidates should not down this transaction id down and keep it safe.
- If the amount is deducted from the bank and the payment status is not updated/transaction fails, candidates should wait for a minimum of two hours and check the update on payment status.
- If the payment status does not change and the amount is not refunded back, candidates will have to mail the issue to appropriate authorities providing their Power Grid Registration Number.
Power Grid Recruitment through GATE 2017 Selection Procedure
PGCIL has specified a selection criteria for Power Grid Recruitment through GATE 2017. All the applicants will have to qualify the corresponding GATE Exam as per the qualifying marks prescribed by the exam conducting authority.
The candidates who clear the GATE 2017 exam will be called for group discussion and personal interview based on their normalized marks out of 100 in the exam.
Candidates will be able to check their shortlisting status in Power Grid Recruitment through GATE 2017 dashboard login.
Shortlisted candidates will be issued interview call letter and other requisite documents and the same can be downloaded by logging in to the dashboard. Candidates who will be appearing for Group Discussion and Interview have to bring the documents as given in their call letter
The candidates who qualify the personal interview will be considered for empanelment. The qualifying percentage in interview for candidates of different categories is as mentioned below.
|Category||Qualifying % in Interview|
|OBC (NCL)/ SC/ST||30.00%|
|PwD||30%For ET ( Electrical) for disability – OH(OL)/ HH andFor ET (Computer Sc.) for disability- OH(OA/OL/BL)/ HH/ VH only|
What documents to carry for personal interview and group Discussion ?
All the candidates shortlisted of interview and GD will have to carry a few specific documents along with them. Candidates are advised to carry each document in original as well as have a few copies with them. Candidates are also advised to carry some photographs similar to the ones used in the GATE 2017 Application Form. Check the list of documents to be carried for personal interview and GD as listed below.
- GATE 2017 Score Card
- GATE 2017 Admit Card
- Qualifying Degree /Provisional
- Marks Sheets of all semesters of Qualifying exam
- Category Certificate if applicable
- No Objection Certificate in case of Govt/PSU
Power Grid Recruitment through GATE 2017 – Weightage of different parameters
The marks of all the stages will be taken in consideration while shortlisting a candidates for final empanelment in Power Grid Recruitment through GATE 2017. Check the weightage of different parameters as given in the table below.
|GATE 2017 Marks (out of 100) in corresponding Paper||85%|
Only GATE 2017 score (normalized marks out of 100) is valid for this recruitment process. GATE score of 2016 or prior is not valid.
Power Grid Recruitment through GATE 2017 – Pay Scale (salary) and probation details
Shortlisted candidates will have to undergo probation and training for a period of 1 year satisfying they will be absorbed at the post of Engineer in PGCIL. The candidates will be under a pay scale of Rs. 24900-50500 during training. Candidates should remember that their pay scale (CTC) and other emoluments will change according to their place of posting and their appointment contract. Candidates can read the details of Annual CTC, during different periods of their work with the company.
Details of CTC Per Annum
|During Training||Rs.8.5 lakhs|
|After Training||Rs.14.9 lakhs|
Power Grid Recruitment through GATE 2017 – Service Agreement Bond
All the candidates will have to enter in service agreement bond to complete their one year training and later posted at the post of Engineer to serve the company for a period of 3 years. Candidates are required to execute a service bond for Rs 1,00,000/- for General/OBC (NCL) candidates. SC/ST/PwD candidates have to execute a bond of Rs 50,000/-.
GATE Cutoff for Power Grid Recruitment through GATE in the previous years
GATE Cutoff for Power Grid Recruitment through GATE in 2016 (shortlisting for GD and interview)
GATE Cutoff PGCIL Recruitment through GATE in 2015 (shortlisting for GD and interview)
|Post/GATE 2015 Cutoff for Interview||UR||PwD-OH||PwD-HH||OBC-NCL||SC||ST|
Address: B-9, Qutab Institutional Area,