PDPU B.Tech 2017 Merit List – Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University will publish the Merit List of PDPU B.Tech 2017 in the online mode tentatively in the 1st week of July 2017. On the basis of the Merit List of PDPU B.Tech 2017, the University will grant admission to the qualified candidates into its eight B.Tech courses which has an approximate number of 250 seats. PDPU B.Tech Merit List will be determined as per JEE Main 2017 score obtained by the candidates. Only those candidates whose name is mentioned in the merit list will be able to participate in the Counselling of PDPU B.Tech 2017 expected to be held in the 2nd week of July. It is also mandatory for applicants to fulfil the Eligibility Criteria of PDPU B.Tech 2017 defined for admission. Candidates can check/download the merit list here as soon as it is released by the University. Read the article given below to know more about PDPU B.Tech Merit List 2017.
PDPU B.Tech 2017 Merit List
The PDPU will prepare the inter-se merit list of the candidates who have applied for PDPU B.Tech Admission 2017. Details about the Merit List of PDPU B.Tech 2017 is as given below:
- The merit list will be based on the percentile score obtained by the candidates in JEE Main 2017.
- If the percentile score is not available, admission will be done on the basis of marks obtained in the Joint Entrance Examination (Main) 2017.
- Admission to the University is subjected to the fulfilment of the Eligibility Criteria of PDPU B.Tech 2017.
Tie Breaking Rule of PDPU B.Tech 2017 Merit List
In case two or more candidates obtain equal marks, the following methods will be applied to break the tie and to prepare the inter-se Merit List of PDPU B.Tech 2017:
- Candidates securing higher marks in Mathematics and Physics will be given higher rank.
- In case, the tie still persists, the marks obtained in Mathematics and Chemistry will be considered to break the tie.
- If the tie is not resolved, candidates with higher marks in Physics and Chemistry will be given better rank.
- If the above-mentioned methods does not work, the better rank will be given to the candidate with higher marks in Mathematics. If this does not break the tie either, the University will consider the marks obtained in Physics followed by Chemistry.
PDPU B.Tech 2017 Programmes
On the basis of the PDPU B.Tech 2017 Merit List, the University will offer admission in around 8 B.Tech courses. The seat matrix for the academic session 2017-18 has not been announced yet. For reference, candidates can check the Branch name along with the total number of seats in PDPU B.Tech Programmes of the previous year given below in the table:
|S.No.||Name of Branch||All Indian Seats|
|8.||Information & Communication Technology||21|
Keep visiting engg.entrancecorner.com for more updates on PDPU B.Tech Admission 2017