The last date to fill JEE 2014 Application is now 6 January 2014!
(Joint Entrance Examination) JEE Main 2014 Application Form has been released on the official website and candidates can fill the form to apply for Joint Entrance Examination 2014. This year onwards, the process of filling and submission of form has been made completely online. We present to you the EASIEST tutorial to fill the JEE Main 2014 Application Form to solve all the confusion and doubts that may arise during the process. Reading the tutorial will ensure that you do not make any mistakes while filling the form.
Application form can be filled from 15 Nov 2013 to 6 Jan 2014.
Before Proceeding To Fill The JEE 2014 Application Form
Before filling the form, candidates must keep the following information readily available:
- Scanned images of photo, signature and left thumb impression.
- Class XII/X mark sheets
- Debit/credit card
- Transaction receipt of payment made at bank, if e-challan mode is opted.
Click the link for complete information on JEE Main 2014
Sample of proper photo
Photograph must be in clear contrast (b/w and color, both are allowed). Photo must also show name and date of photo taken.
Details Regarding Signature
- Draw a rectangular box of dimensions 7x2 cm on a white non-ruled paper.
- Scribble the signature with black or blue ball pen neatly.
- Save the image with scanner in JPG file extension.
- Acceptable size of photo is from 1 to 30 kb and 3.5x1.5cm.
Signature Referral Chart
Reason for Rejection
Signature in Capital
Signature not in full and in Capital
Signature not in full
Signature taken via mobile phone / camera
Poor Digital Resolution
Details Regarding Thumb Impression
Sample of proper thumb impression
- Draw a rectangular box of 7x2cm on a white non-ruled paper.
- Take an ink pad of either blue or black ink.
- Put the thumb and press it firm.
- Mark the impression in the box in a single attempt.
- Scan the paper using a scanner in JPG file extension.
- Acceptable size of thumb impression is from 1 to 30 kb and 3.5x1.5cm
- Male candidates - Left hand thumb impression.
- Female candidates - Right hand thumb impression.
Filling the JEE Main 2014 Application Form
DETAILS OF THE EXAMINATION:
Fill the details regarding the examination and paper choice. The following details have to be specified:
Modes of examination
Available Both Online and offline
Paper I (B.E./B.Tech.) and Paper II (B.Arch./B.Planning)
Mark the choices of preferred examination center
Gujarati ,English, Urdu, Hindi, Marathi
- Name of the Candidate – Maximum 46 characters
- Mother's Name - Maximum 46 Characters
- Father's Name - Maximum 46 Characters
- State of Eligibility – Enter the state where you have passed the HSC examination
- Category – Enter relevant category i.e. General/ SC/ ST/ OBC – NCL
- Person with Disability (PwD) - Yes/ No. Mention the percentage if ticked Yes.
- Need of scribe/reader - Yes/No
- Date of Birth - should be filled in (DD/MM/YYYY) format only
- Gender - Male / Female
- In case of girl candidate, Are you the only child of your parents? - Yes / No
- Nationality - Specify Indian/OCI/PIO/Foreign (Other than OCI,PIO)
- Place of Residence - Candidates must specify Rural / Urban
- Mailing Address and zip code - mention the mailing address, pin code
- Passing year of Class X
- Passing year, percentage, place of schooling
- Exam governing board and roll number of Class XII
- Type of Institution of Class 12th (Government / Private)
- Whether applied for improvement in class XII
- Mode of Preparation - Self Study/Individual Tuition/Coaching/Correspondence Courses/Others
- Name & Address of the School where passed
Fill all the necessary details in the appropriate fields of JEE Main 2014 Application Form, as asked.
- Mobile Number
- Land line number with STD code
- Email Address
- Father educational qualification, annual income and occupation
- Mother educational qualification, annual income and occupation
Fill in all the information and select a password. Specifications regarding choosing the password is as follows. Password must have –
- 8 to 13 characters
- At least one Upper case alphabet, lower case alphabet, numeric value and a special character like !@#$%^&*-
Candidates have to re-enter the selected password and choose a security Question. The details of question and its corresponding answer must be preserved in case you forget the password.
Enter the captcha code/security pin as shown.
UPLOAD THE IMAGES:
Upload the images of thumb impression, photograph and signatures.
Check all the information thoroughly and proceed to payment by clicking next.
MODES OF JEE Main 2014 Application Form PAYMENT:
Credit Card - Pay an extra charge of 1.20% of exam fee plus the service tax as applied.
Debit Card - Pay extra charge of 0.75% of exam fee plus tax for examination fee up to Rs.2000 and 1%+ taxes for exam fee over Rs.2000.
e-Challan – Download the challan and take its printout. Submit the challan at any branch of Canara Bank, Syndicate Bank and ICICI Bank.
Other Related Links:
- JEE Main 2014 Rank Predictor
- JEE Main 2014 Application Form Checklist - LATEST NEWS
- JEE Main 2014 Counselling
- JEE Main 2014 Answer Key
- JEE Main 2014 Admit Card | Hall Ticket
- JEE Main 2014 Result
- JEE Main 2014 Application Form Status
- JEE Main 2014 Aptitude Test Syllabus
- JEE Main 2014 Physics Syllabus
- JEE Main 2014 Chemistry Syllabus
- JEE Main 2014 Mathematics Syllabus
- JEE Main 2014 Syllabus, Exam Syllabus
- JEE Main 2014 Exam Pattern
- JEE Main 2014 Reservation of Seats
- JEE Main 2014 Eligibility Criteria
- JEE Main 2014 Cutoff
- JEE Main 2014 Practice Papers
- JEE Main 2014 Sample Papers